Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2777 2778 [2779] 2780 2781 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3687131 times)

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Something Truly Rageworthy
« Reply #41670 on: August 18, 2014, 06:35:37 am »

I get ~12 max on steam if I'm doing well, usually from 1-9 mb/s, which is a fair share better than what I'm used to.
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41671 on: August 18, 2014, 06:56:44 am »

* LordSlowpoke fondly recalls having to wait upwards of five minutes for a gif to load

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41672 on: August 18, 2014, 08:32:19 am »

Okay, so I have decided to set up a thread similar to this one ("Anger Management") on another forums for the people to talk about their frustrating IRL situations.

Some time ago, one of the Israeli users described how his IRL friend's house was hit by a real-life missile attack. (and everyone then showed a lot of sympathy towards him, myself included)

And then comes this universally-hated immature douchebag and says this:
"Oh, so everybody is stroking [REDACTED]'s dick, correct?"

...How can people be so fucking immature on the Internet is beyond me.
I hated him to death already, but that was just enough.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #41673 on: August 18, 2014, 08:42:36 am »

I'll have you know I'm a normal person, and I don't act like that!

On this profile....:P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41674 on: August 18, 2014, 08:44:47 am »

I'm just as much of an arse irl, but I never talk to people who it doesn't show.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #41675 on: August 18, 2014, 08:56:33 am »

...How can people be so fucking immature on the Internet is beyond me.

The Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory.

Normal person+Anonimity+Audience=Total Fuckwad

Or, as per Yahtzee's formulation:

Normal person = Total Fuckwad.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #41676 on: August 18, 2014, 08:58:01 am »

You're a normal person, are you so bad?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41677 on: August 18, 2014, 09:00:26 am »

I'm pretty much the same offline as online, though maybe a bit socially averse.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41678 on: August 18, 2014, 09:18:05 am »

School started today.  This is my senior year, and since I had all the credits I needed to graduate last year, I decided to take both Late Arrival and Early dismissal.  This year they changed a lot of rules, most of them minor, but there is one big one.  We aren't allowed to loiter around before or after our times, and we aren't allowed to hang out in a teacher's classrooms.  While this may seem like something that should of been done at first, it actually makes things much more difficult.  A lot of teachers let seniors with later arrival/early dismissal hang around in their classrooms to work on extracurricular activities.  For example, I work on the school newspaper, and I had already worked out a schedule  with the teacher in charge of it where I would come in on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to work during seventh period during her English III class.  Since I also had her for English III my sophomore year, I would help her if she needed any help with things like grading quizzes and such.  In NJROTC, the seniors often stay during other class periods to help around with teaching other platoons things like close-order drill.   Or hand out in the wardroom, which is there for this EXACT PURPOSE.  Since I have extracurricular activities after school, I have to leave school, then find something to do for an hour before being allowed back on campus.
On the purely academic side things are also made more difficult.  Because the rule about hanging out in teachers room's apply to everyone, we can no longer go to a teacher's room during the teacher's planning period or study hall in order to make up a test, or to get extra tutoring.  We also aren't allowed to hang around to hear the announcements. Since I'm not allowed to hang around at school afterwards, I won't know of any kind of emergency meeting, and to learn when everything starts I have to purely rely on people contacting me outside of school.   All this is enough to make a lot of people actually go ahead and request that their early dismissal period be turned into a study hall, but I can't do that because I have already registered to take dual enrollment classes at a nearby college two days a week.     
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41679 on: August 18, 2014, 10:37:27 am »

Digging deep into my toes to get out some ingrown nails. That's always fun. Especially when I lose the nail chunk I'm trying to dig out under the rest of the toenail. Now it's swelling slightly, though not as bad as I thought it would. I tried to clip off an ingrown chunk on my pinky toe, and before I finish, blood. Quite a bit. Apparently that ingrown nail was a high-pressure valve or something.

Also raging because I tried to move a 5.7GB file to my thumb drive, but my netbook won't let me because my thumbdrive somehow has a FAT32 file system, which is odd since I've put files that large on my thumbdrive before. I tried to copy my 7Zip install over to my netbook, but it won't run because it needs either a 32-bit or 64-bit(it doesn't specify which, but I assume 64-bit) version of the program, although that might be because I simply copied the program folder since I don't have the installer anywhere.

Started replaying KotoR again for nostalgias sake and was quickly reminded... how.... much... I.... HATE... PAZAAK!
Huh. I'm pretty good a Pazaak. It's just Blackjack with some extra cards.

I'm pretty much the same offline as online, though maybe a bit socially averse.
Pretty much the same with me.

School started today.  This is my senior year, and since I had all the credits I needed to graduate last year, I decided to take both Late Arrival and Early dismissal.  This year they changed a lot of rules, most of them minor, but there is one big one.  We aren't allowed to loiter around before or after our times, and we aren't allowed to hang out in a teacher's classrooms.  While this may seem like something that should of been done at first, it actually makes things much more difficult.  A lot of teachers let seniors with later arrival/early dismissal hang around in their classrooms to work on extracurricular activities.  For example, I work on the school newspaper, and I had already worked out a schedule  with the teacher in charge of it where I would come in on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to work during seventh period during her English III class.  Since I also had her for English III my sophomore year, I would help her if she needed any help with things like grading quizzes and such.  In NJROTC, the seniors often stay during other class periods to help around with teaching other platoons things like close-order drill.   Or hand out in the wardroom, which is there for this EXACT PURPOSE.  Since I have extracurricular activities after school, I have to leave school, then find something to do for an hour before being allowed back on campus.
On the purely academic side things are also made more difficult.  Because the rule about hanging out in teachers room's apply to everyone, we can no longer go to a teacher's room during the teacher's planning period or study hall in order to make up a test, or to get extra tutoring.  We also aren't allowed to hang around to hear the announcements. Since I'm not allowed to hang around at school afterwards, I won't know of any kind of emergency meeting, and to learn when everything starts I have to purely rely on people contacting me outside of school.   All this is enough to make a lot of people actually go ahead and request that their early dismissal period be turned into a study hall, but I can't do that because I have already registered to take dual enrollment classes at a nearby college two days a week.     
That sounds very, very counterproductive. As crappy as the schools I've been to have been, they've usually done the exact opposite of that to help make things a little better.

Then again, the school near where I live has recently put up guard posts and more recently high fences around just about all areas of the school.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #41680 on: August 18, 2014, 11:35:10 am »

Started replaying KotoR again for nostalgias sake and was quickly reminded... how.... much... I.... HATE... PAZAAK!
Huh. I'm pretty good a Pazaak. It's just Blackjack with some extra cards.

Except it is slow (as in the implementation is slow), has ultra annoying sound effects, is way too random and every match is against Urist McCheatsAtCardGames. Grrr.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41681 on: August 18, 2014, 11:59:20 am »

Been receiving lots of spam calls.  Most from clearly out of the country and in flagrant violation of U.S. law. (fake/no caller id number, ignoring DNC list, ignoring requests to not call back)

I had strong suspicions of who it was that sold my information, but now I just got called by people pretending to be google trying to remote into my computer to 'repair' some hacking done to my email. (third time this month) But this time the guy on the other side dropped some information to try to sound legit, that I had ONLY given to the local employment agency I was suspicious of.

I expect there was something I signed giving them permission to sell my information when I first applied with them, but there needs to be a law against selling information to people who will break solicitation laws with it.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #41682 on: August 18, 2014, 12:00:28 pm »

Nothing to see here, carry on.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 03:28:45 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41683 on: August 18, 2014, 12:00:31 pm »

Been receiving lots of spam calls.  Most from clearly out of the country and in flagrant violation of U.S. law. (fake/no caller id number, ignoring DNC list, ignoring requests to not call back)

I had strong suspicions of who it was that sold my information, but now I just got called by people pretending to be google trying to remote into my computer to 'repair' some hacking done to my email. (third time this month) But this time the guy on the other side dropped some information to try to sound legit, that I had ONLY given to the local employment agency I was suspicious of.

I expect there was something I signed giving them permission to sell my information when I first applied with them, but there needs to be a law against selling information to people who will break solicitation laws with it.
I've gotten 3 or 4 every day, though they have no one speaking.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41684 on: August 18, 2014, 12:19:25 pm »

Tuypo is back.
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES, FOR THE TUYPO HAS AWOKEN!
You could always just block his posts. I've sincerely considered it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 2777 2778 [2779] 2780 2781 ... 3345