Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708894 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #4110 on: June 10, 2011, 10:35:40 pm »

Is this really worth arguing over? Can't we just play games and enjoy them without endless fighting over who's better, for once?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: June 10, 2011, 10:53:26 pm »

Is this really worth arguing over? Can't we just play games and enjoy them without endless fighting over who's better, for once?
This is a video game community. Of course we can't. We must slap each other with our penises until one side runs away in a hissy fit. It is the code.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: June 10, 2011, 10:54:33 pm »

This is a video game community. Of course we can't. We must slap each other with our penises until one side runs away in a hissy fit. It is the code.
But what do the girls do during this?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: June 10, 2011, 10:55:40 pm »

Quote from: The section text reads
Any discussion is fine, as long as you don't bicker.

Wrong.

That's exactly what I was trying to say. I find Terraria the most fun out of the three I mentioned and that was it. I just mentioned the ones that are often compared against each-other. Someone is (once again) entirely missing the point in an attempt to raise shit.

But opinions are outlawed among fanboys it seems.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: June 10, 2011, 10:56:17 pm »

But what do the girls do during this?

Strap-ons.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: June 10, 2011, 10:57:33 pm »

But opinions are outlawed among fanboys it seems.

No one is outlawing your god-damned opinion, simply debating it. Or do you want to outlaw debating?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: June 10, 2011, 10:59:42 pm »

I'm just saying he's being overly hostile is all. Absolutely all I'm saying.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: June 10, 2011, 11:01:34 pm »

Quote from: The section text reads
Any discussion is fine, as long as you don't bicker.

Wrong.
I was under the impression the sheer sarcastic content of my post would make it readable without tags. Because sarcasm tags are the bane of comedy's existence, and a blight upon the internet. I will have to try harder in the future.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: June 10, 2011, 11:02:00 pm »

You can buy the sarcmark.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: June 10, 2011, 11:09:12 pm »

It's the third time I've seen Breadbocks burst in to say something equivalent to "No don't be happy"

It's not debate anymore at that point.

Oh wait, this isn't the happy thread.

I still agree with Janet.  Toady's a cool guy, and DF is an awesome game, but a lot of community members take DF-worship to obnoxious or plain shameful levels.  There's a reason the Bay12 community has a bad reputation among other forums.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 11:13:36 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: June 10, 2011, 11:30:42 pm »

It's the third time I've seen Breadbocks burst in to say something equivalent to "No don't be happy"

It's not debate anymore at that point.
I love how you read something and instantly assume both that I'm in the wrong, AND that everything is stone cold serious, even with a :P smile at the end. The first two times you claim are me saying "No don't be happy" were both me trying friendly tongue in cheek.
Was it not you who had the signature that said "90% of the things I say are sarcasm, tongue-in-cheek, or outright fabrications."? Digging how everyone but me are allowed figures of speech, no ifs, ands, or buts.

In case you hadn't realized by now, the shear unwillingness of Cthulhu to believe I'm capable of the slightest deviation of my normal jackassary. ::)
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: June 10, 2011, 11:31:21 pm »

There's a reason the Bay12 community has a bad reputation among other forums.
Wait, really? Since when, and with whom? As far as I could ever tell we were the Switzerland of forums, neutral to pretty much everyone.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: June 10, 2011, 11:32:34 pm »

Wait, really? Since when, and with whom? As far as I could ever tell we were the Switzerland of forums, neutral to pretty much everyone.
I am also interested in hearing this.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #4123 on: June 10, 2011, 11:35:26 pm »

I am also interested in hearing this.
Ditto.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: June 10, 2011, 11:36:58 pm »

Upper forums, at least.
Most people's impression of B12 comes from there with no thought given to the lower forums.
Pretty sure the MC (лол) Forums don't really like us and Reddit thinks we're full of elitists.
Or something like that.
Going to have to agree with them somewhat, what with the Toady fanwankery and other ridiculosity that goes on up there.
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 3345