Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3707437 times)

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #405 on: November 27, 2010, 09:52:02 pm »

Knowing that WWIII is just around the corner... Tomarrow we piss off China, may have a few carriers sunk... Freaking anti-carrier missiles that china developed 2 years ago...
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 28, 2010, 12:07:53 am »

Hm, to drag the discussion onto less serious matters, I'm pretty sure I'm getting trolled, and yet I'm discovering that there's a significant correlation between how wrong somebody is on the internet and how much I'm compelled to provide a rebuttal. It's really quite irritating.

Spoilered for details that I doubt anyone's interested in
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I really need to work on thickening my skin to willful idiocy, because trying to combat it is inherently hypocritical.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 28, 2010, 02:52:59 pm »

Internet died for about two hours. Connection to the neighbor's router was fine, so I'm guessing their service had problems. What's strange is the exact moment my parents came home, the moment they walked in the front door, it reconnected.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 28, 2010, 03:11:51 pm »

Internet connection was absurdly slow yesterday.
[/post]

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 28, 2010, 04:10:33 pm »

Fucking RapidShare.
Grah.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 28, 2010, 09:28:34 pm »

Annoying martial arts instructor.
[/post]

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 28, 2010, 09:31:41 pm »

Hm, to drag the discussion onto less serious matters, I'm pretty sure I'm getting trolled, and yet I'm discovering that there's a significant correlation between how wrong somebody is on the internet and how much I'm compelled to provide a rebuttal. It's really quite irritating.

Spoilered for details that I doubt anyone's interested in
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I really need to work on thickening my skin to willful idiocy, because trying to combat it is inherently hypocritical.
A tens of orders of magnitude error would be quite impressive.  I mean, saying there's one person in the entire world is only 9 out.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 29, 2010, 12:04:51 pm »

MIT's admissions department. Goddammit, why do you need a list of TEXTBOOKS. I didn't even BUY half of them, much less read them. And it's not like that information is stored anywhere; I have to get in touch with every single one of my earlier professors and ASK them what book they used, and hope they remember and have time to get back to me soon. I shouldn't even be bothering with this much trouble when I'm 99.99% sure I won't get accepted.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm estimating a .01% chance of a computer glitch that puts me on the wrong list.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 05:27:30 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 29, 2010, 04:00:54 pm »

I'm raging for a friend.  His ISP set up his neighborhood's internet incorrectly, so now he gets 56k speeds when his landlord set up something much faster.  Unsure if there's something he can do about it.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 29, 2010, 08:40:38 pm »

My internet connection is very slow. And because it gets dark early and is cold, I can't go outside to stretch my legs and feel like a caged rat. Grrrrr....
[/post]

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 30, 2010, 02:52:20 am »

I ragged today becouse I was playing a strat game. My ally decided to betray me and slaughter me becouse in his words 'you suck and are a noob'. This was after two armies I made where completely destroyed by enemies. Under normal circomstances I would understand, these where not normal circomstances. You see in this game a good decideing point on who wins is how many times you upgrade your units attack and defence, for a maximum of 8 for each thing. You can't upgrade your units without money, you can't get money without control points. He had decided to take nearly every control point on the part of the map we had, as such I had little money and could only upgrade attack and defence 3 times each before I needed to assult the enemy. So once he kills me, I manage to cling to life with 3 builder units, this is whittled down to 1 over the course of 20 minutes that I spend running from everyone and trying to find a 'safe' place to rebuild a settlement for an army. I find out at the end of these 20 minutes, as he is destroyed by one of our enemies, that he only upgraded his units 2 times for attack and once for defence. 20 minutes after he killed me, when he had tons of cash then and now, and when he had destroyed me I had upgraded 3 times for both. Yeah.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 30, 2010, 04:44:19 am »

Why the fuck does everybody expect so fucking much from me?
Grah.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 30, 2010, 04:47:34 am »

Because you've been doing a lot and now they've become dependant?
*Hugs*

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 30, 2010, 06:09:54 pm »

Internet connection is screwy, and my glasses broke, and I had to chew a pencil to pieces (literally) in order to suppress my need to kill something, and my hasty scotch tape repair job on my glasses sucks.
[/post]

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 30, 2010, 06:13:56 pm »

You didn't suppress it very well, look at the poor shattered pencil!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 3345