Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708752 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #4035 on: June 08, 2011, 04:14:44 pm »

Damn. I take it that the police won't be of much help?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: June 08, 2011, 04:16:52 pm »

My girlfriends daughter and friends got mugged at gunpoint today. Nothing horrible happened in the end besides a loss of money on their part, but dammit if this doesn't make me want to just smash things.

I'm so sorry, and I'm glad to hear they're okay.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: June 08, 2011, 04:40:31 pm »

Over 90° in the warehouse today, and the AC is either broken, or not turned on(we aren't exactly sure which).

And on the bus home, a couple of guys were playing music loudly, too loud to hear the bus driver to tell them to turn the music off. Another passenger told them to turn it off, and the two groups began arguing, trying to start a fight on the bus. Eventually they get off, and square off to fight, only all they do is talk shit like schoolgirls. While entertaining, it did delay the bus for a few minutes. And then later on, two women started arguing, but fortunately one was getting off the bus anyway and it didn't pan out to anything.

My girlfriends daughter and friends got mugged at gunpoint today. Nothing horrible happened in the end besides a loss of money on their part, but dammit if this doesn't make me want to just smash things.
Janet got robbed? That too makes me want to smash something. Particularly something shaped like that mugger's face.

Just make sure that when you move out, the benefits card(s) goes with you.
The non-deactivated one.
From the way she was talking, I'd get the new card after I left. Or at the very least, I could ask for that to happen.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: June 08, 2011, 04:49:16 pm »

Janet got robbed? That too makes me want to smash something. Particularly something shaped like that mugger's face.

No Janets daughter got robbed. Trying to rob Janet herself is a bit like trying to rob a tank. You're going to get fucked up one way or the other and it's gonna be messy. The mugger was caught because a plainclothes cop was nearby though. The worst part was how traumatized Chrissie and her friends are. Not to mention how bad Janet took hearing about it.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: June 08, 2011, 04:56:47 pm »

Tha's pretty messed up. I mean, I have low standards, but this...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: June 08, 2011, 05:44:13 pm »

My bad, I guess I read that wrong. Still, I recently took and hid my stepdad's dog-beating stick from him, so if you ever need it put to a good use...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: June 08, 2011, 05:47:34 pm »

Why would I need that? I have a makarov pistol.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: June 08, 2011, 05:51:16 pm »

No Janets daughter got robbed. Trying to rob Janet herself is a bit like trying to rob a tank. You're going to get fucked up one way or the other and it's gonna be messy. The mugger was caught because a plainclothes cop was nearby though. The worst part was how traumatized Chrissie and her friends are. Not to mention how bad Janet took hearing about it.

D:  If the mugger got caught did tehy at least get their money back?
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: June 08, 2011, 05:53:51 pm »

Considering the cop tasered the mugger right in front of them, I'm going to assume so.  Not that it's really the point of course, but it certainly could have been a lot worse.  Traumatic stuff for everyone involved.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: June 08, 2011, 06:53:57 pm »

No shit. My wife was held up at gunpoint when she was a teen working at retail, and it still affects her. She has panic attacks at the mere sight of a gun, even if it's in a non-threatening context (like in a securely locked gun case). Ironic (and awkward) that I work for ATF....

It's officially miserable outside. I know it's a cliche, but it really *is* the humidity, not the heat. It was 91F yesterday and didn't fell that bad at all. It's 93F right now, and when I walked outside to get some fresh herbs for dinner, I literally couldn't breathe. The air is like concrete vapor right now.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: June 08, 2011, 07:14:30 pm »

It's officially miserable outside. I know it's a cliche, but it really *is* the humidity, not the heat. It was 91F yesterday and didn't fell that bad at all. It's 93F right now, and when I walked outside to get some fresh herbs for dinner, I literally couldn't breathe. The air is like concrete vapor right now.
It's only going to get worse. Good thing we still have the gills evolved by North Carolinians, although sometimes even that is not enough.

In all seriousness, there are days when I question if the proper scale to be using is air humidity or water oxidation.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: June 08, 2011, 07:18:03 pm »

It's only going to get worse. Good thing we still have the gills evolved by North Carolinians, although sometimes even that is not enough.
Yeah, thank God for gills. I don't know how Yankee transplants survive.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: June 08, 2011, 07:21:26 pm »

Yeah, thank God for gills. I don't know how Yankee transplants survive.

Through the power of oxygen tanks and scuba gear. And even with that, we still have trouble.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: June 08, 2011, 11:34:03 pm »

I need to get my schedule back on a proper day-night sleep cycle but thanks to my cursed OCD insomnia I can't just go to sleep without being double dead tired in the first place. At least I don't have any classes going on atm but I do have things that need doing (eventually) which can only be done in the day. Darn normal people and their sun-loving business hours.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: June 09, 2011, 01:19:09 am »

My father rather has our cat waking everyone up, instead of simply feeding him.
What an ass.
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 3345