Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2611 2612 [2613] 2614 2615 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694412 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

pigeon flew in, shat all over the everything and got away

i had a chance to catch it and snap its wings or whatev since it managed to get stuck in the curtain but chose to not act on it because flying into things happens to the best

now there is bird shit on my stack of foreign magazines

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Trust me, having a hooting owl convince half-asleep you there's a mentally disabled axe murdered trying to get into your room is a lot worse that that.

Although it requires less clean up afterwards.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Am I the only one who has kept a pair of decent headphones in solid working condition through months of difficult travel and frequent packing/unpacking? ???

Seriously, I've had these for years and they still work perfectly. They were the ones I had in the truck with me when I was over-the-road.

TEACH ME ALL YOUR SECRETS
Love, scriver~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

As for headsets, I have a logitech gaming headset that I have dropped numerous times but that still seems to work quite nicely (I have them for like a year now).
That said, my little brother has some headsets from microsfot that have worked without issues for years. And they're not ridiculously expensive either.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

sony is one of the best companies in regards to durability, a $20 set has better quality than my old $90 one and has lasted me for two years through very silly and hardware-damaging situations up to and including approx. ten stories of fall damage

admittedly the plastics are a bit creaky now

but that's not a thing you hear when you're listening to grown women pretending to be teenagers on medium to full blast

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile

Now I am here, after having drove home drunk. Yay. :/

I understand that you've had a terrible day, but christ, try avoiding driving drunk. That shit's really bad. D:

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not RAAAAAAAGGGGEEE, just really really annoyed at Guardian G.I. not posting english articles because I don't read cyrillic.

I could use google translate, but you know how it is. Going to anyway to annoy him with bad translation.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Uuugh, my right leg is so much pain.
I am not a sporty person and this is a good reminder.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My 9-year-old headset is from Cyber Acoustics, which is a company I know nothing about. To be fair, though, we bought two of them at the same time and one of them did die a few years back, so its longevity might be less due to make and more due to luck pure skill on my part.

Recently bought a Sony MDR-V6 for my sister after seeing it recommended by someone on here and doing some research. "Not breaking" is supposedly a selling point on those, so we'll see how that goes.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

Calling it now, they're going to shatter within the week.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile

Dad got angry at my sister and to an extent my other sisters and me, and apparently called her fat and said some other things that made her cry.
It was in the morning. My sister had been awake for less than half an hour, I had only been five minutes.
What's up with your dad? :-\ People shouldn't meaningfully insult their children; that's just an evil thing to do.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile

Had a Pathfinder game planned today. The person that we started it for, my friend's sister's friend, was dying to play it and was also bringing 3 or 4 other friends to the table. Yeah, he apparently wouldn't be able to make it because he's sick from his gluten allergy. We're preeeeetty sure he doesn't have Celiac disease. He told us he had to go to the hospital for a vomit bag or something.
This is the second time we had to cancel this game because he couldn't make it. The first time he forgot about the game and had a gig for his band scheduled the same day, whose band members were the other people who were going to join. We haven't played this game in months...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Craigslist ad: "We're full-time parents [to their toddler] of course but we don't really do childcare." "We're being foreclosed on."

Later in the ad: "Prefer someone progressive with stable, established, verifiable income."

OH MY FUCKING GOD

THAT WOULD BE SURE NICE FOR YOU, WOULDN'T IT

BUT FIRST MAYBE RAISE YOUR CHILD BEFORE MAKING DEMANDS ON OTHERS?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

What... what are they advertising, even? I would assume living space but if they're being foreclosed on I'm confused
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep, living space! They're offering a room for rent.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 2611 2612 [2613] 2614 2615 ... 3345