Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2581 2582 [2583] 2584 2585 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690962 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: The Cup of Rage Edition
« Reply #38730 on: June 26, 2014, 12:26:41 pm »

I can't speak for SC:B, but I got around a lot of uPlay issues re: Far Cry 3 by just setting their launcher to offline mode. Including the one where it was impossible to save because the game couldn't connect to the online server.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38731 on: June 26, 2014, 01:11:00 pm »

Okay, so last week I participated in a Skype podcast that was meant to be recorded and then uploaded to YouTube. (the first episode can be listened to here if you're into the subject but you probably aren't, not as much as me anyway)

I was kind of waiting for it to be uploaded kind of impatiently, but guess what?
It wasn't recorded to begin with because one of us f*cked up.

Well, that's one way to downright waste 1,5h of talking in a non-native language...

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38732 on: June 26, 2014, 01:47:36 pm »

I can't speak for SC:B, but I got around a lot of uPlay issues re: Far Cry 3 by just setting their launcher to offline mode. Including the one where it was impossible to save because the game couldn't connect to the online server.

I'll test that now! If it at least gets around the crash I'll be happy, I don't know anyone with the game to play multiplayer with, and I'm certaintly not going to recommend the purchase.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #38733 on: June 26, 2014, 01:51:48 pm »

Javascript, why do you not have operator overloading?

this.velocity.addBy(F.divide(this.mass));
could have been
this.velocity += F/this.mass;
with overloading. So much simpler!

(velocity and F are vectors, if that's not obvious).
Such wizardry. I don't think I'll ever understand operator overloading.
It's fairly simple o_o
Operator overloading is really just telling your program how to add/subtract/multiply/divide different objects by eachother, because it can't figure it out by itself.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38734 on: June 26, 2014, 01:53:23 pm »

It's like plugging an extension cord into itself and causing it to explode.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #38735 on: June 26, 2014, 02:00:45 pm »

Javascript, why do you not have operator overloading?

this.velocity.addBy(F.divide(this.mass));
could have been
this.velocity += F/this.mass;
with overloading. So much simpler!

(velocity and F are vectors, if that's not obvious).
Such wizardry. I don't think I'll ever understand operator overloading.
It's fairly simple o_o
Operator overloading is really just telling your program how to add/subtract/multiply/divide different objects by eachother, because it can't figure it out by itself.

Or do horrible horrible things.  /C-evil-programmer
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #38736 on: June 26, 2014, 02:35:35 pm »

Adding this object with an integer will concatenate the integer on the end of the value integer; subtracting will do simple subtraction. Adding a string will either concatenate it to the start of the name or subtract the sum total of the ASCII codes of the characters in the string, depending on which side the string is on.

At least, you can do that with Lua's operator overloading.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #38737 on: June 26, 2014, 02:40:18 pm »

Yeah I forgot the "troll future maintainers" part of operator overloading.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38738 on: June 26, 2014, 02:47:55 pm »

I am well on my way to being homeless. When my stepdad needed something from the bathroom the exact  second I went in there, telling him to wait a minute was the trigger condition to try to kick me out. When I told him "fuck you, I still pay rent", which probably was not the best possible outcome, although he fully deserved it and I had no sleep last night whatsoever, this resulted in a significant violation of personal space. So much so I grabbed a screwdriver in case it turned violent, and believe me when I say that I fully intended to use it if need be. He also mentioned that him and my mom had been planning behind my back for some time to throw me out. When I called her later, of course she denied it, though she did admit that my stepdad did suggest it. Good to know that my mother is willing to sell out her own children. Then again, her ideal husband is a drug addict, so I can't really expect more than that, can I? It also shows that my stepdad's attempt to force me to hand over all my savings so he could put into an account in his name really WAS an attempt to screw me over. Paranoia is not if it's true.

That resulted in an uncomfortable but probably for the best discussion with the college dean, and an even more uncomfortable visit to the campus nurse.

Right now, the situation is that when my mom and stepdad move from the house they're in, I won't have anywhere to live. Oh, and that housing thing from yesterday that almost got me killed a few times because my stepdad was driving high? One of the requirements for it is that all applicants(which includes me) are required to actually be living in whatever house we get from that. I damn well should call them and inform them of this incident.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #38739 on: June 26, 2014, 02:53:22 pm »

Well, for one, don't turn your anger on your own body. That's just stupid. Run, shout, break stuff, but don't break yourself. I say this as someone who has broken bones unleashing their rage. It's stupid.

Two, I've been down the "physical conflict with a step parent route" too. It blows. I eventually won that battle, because ultimately the guy was a piece of shit and my mom finally wised up to it. My conflict also involved a violation of my personal space, basically the last space I could call my own.

I don't really have any advice for you, other than, being that you're not a drunk or a drug addict, there's a good chance there will be space for you at your local city mission, homeless shelter ect.... And while no one wants to be homeless, occasionally, it's preferable to other states of existence. Like being a whipping boy in a house full of abusers, losers and scumbags.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38741 on: June 26, 2014, 04:55:37 pm »

you know out of context that is quite a good one

not only does it say that someone sucks, it outright establishes superiority by claiming you are aeronautically literate

i have a modest understanding of how aeronautics work thanks to months of talking with a belarussian aerospace engineer who happened to work at the same company as i do (and i hope he comes back one day, he fucked off to america to do american things a year ago and now all i have is the birdhouse obsessed fuck who does not understand the concept of not interested IT IS NOT A DIFFICULT ONE) and learning things by osmosis

did you know air is a gas?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38742 on: June 26, 2014, 05:13:54 pm »

you know out of context that is quite a good one

not only does it say that someone sucks, it outright establishes superiority by claiming you are aeronautically literate
But it's Kerbal Space Program. You have like 3 things to worry about. And he missed 2/3 of them for most of the video.

Also air is a mixture of gases.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38743 on: June 26, 2014, 05:17:57 pm »

no sir air is a single gas it's right there on the periodic table under atomic number 18 thank you very much

and playing like a total fucking idiot is stupidly common nowadays i raged about that previously

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #38744 on: June 26, 2014, 05:21:05 pm »

Something Awful LPs tend to be better about playing smartly then Youtube LPs. Then again, SA is the originator of those and I was practically raised on them for what I consider this stage of my internet life.
Pages: 1 ... 2581 2582 [2583] 2584 2585 ... 3345