Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2579 2580 [2581] 2582 2583 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690006 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: The Cup of Rage Edition
« Reply #38700 on: June 24, 2014, 11:45:47 pm »

I think my ITB has decided to hate me. I have to walk like a drunk sailor now.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38701 on: June 25, 2014, 12:17:42 am »

Google tells me you have a problem with at least one of your knees?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #38702 on: June 25, 2014, 12:22:17 am »

Yeah... He used to be an adventurer, but then he took an arrow to it :-\

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #38703 on: June 25, 2014, 12:29:48 am »

Putting weight on my right leg causes stabbing pain up the length of my thigh. It might not be the ITB, but it's the only thing I can think of that would do that.

Yeah... He used to be an adventurer, but then he took an arrow to it :-\

That was a sad day.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38704 on: June 25, 2014, 12:33:06 am »

The only time I've ever had that problem is after a bad loss in a muay thai tournament. Mind you, my knee had swollen to the size of a grapefruit...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 10:04:47 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38705 on: June 25, 2014, 04:22:41 am »

So I have this cool little Chrome plugin called Page Monitor which notifies me if one of the pages I'm monitoring/tracking is updated.
Right now I'm using it for only two pages, Bay12 Main page (for devblog updates) and one Awesomenauts-related page.

Thing is, by the time the former is updated, I already know that through my phone and the update I see when on PC is kinda useless, and the latter has not been updated almost two weeks. So effectively I'm not really using that thing well at all.

Nothing like first world problems in the morning!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38706 on: June 25, 2014, 03:10:38 pm »

Goddamn I don't know what to do right now. Had to go with my family to some housing loan thing. Only I found out it's more of a "lottery" than a "thing", since apparently they only pick ten random people to get it or something. After my stepdad gets my mom from work, we go to his sister's to change vehicles, during which he also gets some vicadin from her. As we pull into McDonald's, he lights up some weed right in the parking lot. After that, I can clearly notice him zoning out while driving, and then lets go of the wheel to turn around to drink from a jug of tea, his hands off the wheel for almost 15 seconds. My mom had to grab the wheel to put us back into the lane. We go get our sister, who is pissed about having to leave work and for some reason also had to lie to get away, I don't really know why.

As we get there, he starts saying something like if we don't get it, it's fine, and if we do get it, it's because God thought we were good enough. Quite frankly, if you think that the outcome of some loan application/lottery is based on adherence to vague and self-contradictory religious practice that not everyone in the vehicle follows, and everyone else only claims to but really doesn't(especially when those practices are literally impossible to begin with), you should realize you are completely fucked beyond all recognizance already. Anyway, we get there a little early, only to find that the dumbshit stepdad hasn't completely filled out all the forms. Me and my sister finish the thing quickly enough, despite his bitching about how he went to everyone he could trying to get help on it, not that he ever consulted us on it. Honestly, he could have just given it to me and my sister and said "have fun" and there would not be any problem with that.

As it turns out, me and my sister were not needed there at all to begin with, only we find this out as me and her have to sit in the lobby for over an hour and a half. As we leave, he again feels the uncontrollable urge to light up and parks in some other parking lot, this time passing it to my mom and sister while giving me crap about being bothered by it. After that, someone almost crashes into us while cutting us off, and a short while after that we almost get into another accident doing the exact same thing that the person above did to almost hit us. All the while, he's complaining about how he's too dumb to do any of the stuff he still has to do, and saying he's okay with just living in a camper somewhere, showing a long-range disregard for his family just as much as his total short-range disregard the entire trip.

And when we get home, I discover that my stepdad also left my bedroom door open and the dogs got in and pissed on my bed while we were out.

All I want to do right now is slam my head into something repeated until it bleed profusely.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38707 on: June 25, 2014, 03:22:35 pm »

I don't know your relationship with your stepdad, but it sounds like his windpipe is a good enough place to start bashing your head into.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #38708 on: June 25, 2014, 03:27:26 pm »

Akura's rage at his stepdad (hell, his whole family) probably accounts for 20% of the Rage Thread.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #38709 on: June 25, 2014, 03:29:19 pm »

And your rage against insects probably hmmm...5-10 percent.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38710 on: June 25, 2014, 03:31:00 pm »

Akura's rage at his stepdad (hell, his whole family) probably accounts for 20% of the Rage Thread.
There's also rage against that girl I used to like before she stabbed me in the back. I'm still dealing with that mess, I'm just not posting about it, mainly because nothing has changed yet.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #38711 on: June 25, 2014, 03:54:44 pm »

Time and a full belly has somewhat dulled the rage, but let me just say that goddamn noon, in 90F weather, in florida, in the summer, is not the time to go and move 150-200 pounds worth of waterlogged plywood.

Total injuries: One twisted ankle,* one pulled back muscle, 4-5 near-heatstrokes, loss of day's good cheer, something like 3-4 hours worth of sleep.**

On the bright side, I did get a chance to test the soaked towel burka method of emergency thermal regulation. It is very effective both as a hat and a ward against heat-induced vomiting/unconsciousness/death! Primary downside is it completely soaks your shirt and makes you look like you voluminously pissed yourself. So, uh. Bring a change of clothes.

*Admittedly tangentially related. Apparently some chucklefuck decided to dig out a buried tire that was just past the back porch's step and then not fill back in the goddamn hole.
**Yes, yes, don't tell people you're intending to drag them off to another city until 3-4 minutes before you leave. That is perfect way to make sure they get sufficient sleep. I will find the happiness of your soul and drown it in draino, as you have drowned my sleep-regulated coherency and cheer.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38712 on: June 25, 2014, 04:26:35 pm »

Apparently Valiant Hearts requires uPlay.
A shame. I actually wanted to buy it at full price.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #38713 on: June 25, 2014, 04:35:43 pm »

So I found out my laptop overheats and shuts off when I play Path of Exile, Legends of Grimrock, Dota 2, and Awesomenauts.
I wish there was an easier way to figure out which games do this other than letting my laptop overheat. Fortunately, I've lost nothing except some time off my laptop's lifespan.
Californian Summer is not kind to electronics, as I was able to run at least Path and Dota just fine during the winter months.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #38714 on: June 25, 2014, 04:37:05 pm »

Apparently Valiant Hearts requires uPlay.
A shame. I actually wanted to buy it at full price.
What's so bad about uPlay? I mean, other than the annoying launcher, which plenty of games have on their own.
Pages: 1 ... 2579 2580 [2581] 2582 2583 ... 3345