Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2577 2578 [2579] 2580 2581 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689477 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: The Cup of Rage Edition
« Reply #38670 on: June 24, 2014, 10:56:41 am »

You know that she said "If you don't put effort into it, it won't get better" right? Not necessarily implying that putting effort into it *will* make it better, though. Just the only way to.

:v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38671 on: June 24, 2014, 11:06:10 am »

I'm pissed off, mostly at my sister. She comes in at around 10 PM when I'm already asleep, waking me up. I fall back asleep again, but I'm woken up again around midnight because she decided to eat a bag of chips or something, making sure to crumple the bag as much as she possibly can. I'm assuming this happens more than once because I remember slipping in and out of sleep, waking to the same noise each time. There's hardly anything to eat, and there's no room in the refridgerator(the "everyone's refridgerator", not the "my mom and stepdad's ONLY" fridge) because most of it is her crap, and she gets bitchy if anyone touches it, despite her tendency to leave stuff in the fridge for days and weeks on end.

Also pissing me off is the fact that my stepdad threw more crap into the garage leaving so little space that I can barely get out my bicycle, much less put it back in. I can't leave it outside because it's damaged enough from exposure since the garage roof leaks as if it weren't there. I'm also pissed off at people who don't use their turn signals, and those who wait until right at the turn to use them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #38672 on: June 24, 2014, 12:40:58 pm »

TLDR: Being held responsible for other people's mistakes pisses me off.

Found out today that we missed a shipment.  We missed it because our overseas office never sent us the notice and documents that they're required to, which is the only way for us to know that a shipment is incoming (because we're a specific customer account operating out of one office that manages all of their imports all over their country).  Unless the customer contacts us about it, which they don't 75% of the time, until it's late and they want to know why. 

Our overseas office did send the documents to another team.  That team then forwarded it to us, but didn't address us in the e-mail.  The subject line and body of the e-mail in no way indicated that there was something we needed to look at.  It was a side comment directed at somebody else, and the documents just happened to be attached.  We are copied in on dozens, sometimes hundreds of e-mails every day that don't pertain to us, and lots of people have graphical signatures that cause the e-mail to flag an attachment icon when it doesn't have one.  This at a time when we're completely swamped with workload, but are also supposed to do everything we can to avoid overtime.  So whoever saw that e-mail (we work out of a shared inbox, btw) filed it away without even noticing the attachment.

So today we find out the shipment was missed.  We're being held responsible for missing it, and are supposed to come up with a corrective action plan completely on our end to prevent this happening again.  Which means we're going to have to add some extra layer of complexity to our work process that takes up more of our time, making it even harder for us to get our work done in the time that we're allowed and making us more unreliable, as a completely ineffective gesture of making up for someone else's unreliability.   Aaaaargh.... the business world is so fucking stupid.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 12:44:21 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #38673 on: June 24, 2014, 02:13:00 pm »

It constantly amazes me how, in business, people are often willing to spend money without actually wanting to know how that money is spent. Like when someone signs a contract for our software and when we ask for a time line they're like "oh you know, a couple months?"

Yes. Because those kinds of timelines are a great way to get your money's worth out of a several thousand dollar software contract.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #38674 on: June 24, 2014, 02:38:32 pm »

Welp, Firefox updaed itself once all my plugins became compatible with the latest version. Ew, gross, change.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #38675 on: June 24, 2014, 02:41:34 pm »

My brother has begun applying YOLO as a descriptive adjective. 
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #38676 on: June 24, 2014, 02:44:12 pm »

That's so YOLO of him. What a YOLO thing to do.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38677 on: June 24, 2014, 02:45:01 pm »

* Darvi equips a M2A1-7 flamethrower.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38678 on: June 24, 2014, 02:45:43 pm »

That's when you sack tap him mid sentence, and when he gets mad you just say "YOLO." I find people who use that phrase often don't really think through its meaning very carefully.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #38679 on: June 24, 2014, 02:48:19 pm »

I hate how people say it means You Only Live Once, and still use it as a reason to do things, when in most cases it sounds better when you use it as a reason NOT to.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #38680 on: June 24, 2014, 02:50:40 pm »

It's the lonely island song isn't it?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #38681 on: June 24, 2014, 03:07:19 pm »

Time to bust out the salacious pictures of octopi. As a good brother, you should support and enable his newfound love of cephalopods. Explicitly and continuously, until he dreams of octopi always, instead of only on the good nights.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #38682 on: June 24, 2014, 03:36:15 pm »

I find far too much joy in using YOLO ironically.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38683 on: June 24, 2014, 03:53:48 pm »

One of the students at my work keeps saying something along the lines of "Ferda". apparently it's a thing, something to do with hockey? or boys? or something? Anyways, I made the mistake of letting them know it drove me mad, and now they say it all the time. It has about the same affect on me as "yolo" etc.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38684 on: June 24, 2014, 04:02:52 pm »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Pages: 1 ... 2577 2578 [2579] 2580 2581 ... 3345