Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2561 2562 [2563] 2564 2565 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691464 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Dig Deep Edition
« Reply #38430 on: June 18, 2014, 03:44:49 pm »

Day of Dialogue.

DAY.
OF.
FUCKING.
DIALOGUE.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38431 on: June 18, 2014, 03:53:11 pm »

EDIT: how are there ~2700 pages?!
You kinda want to change to to 50 posts/page (the best setting) or 25/posts page (still pretty good). Otherwise you'll have a problem if you try to keep up with the megathreads of gigantitude. (or most forum games, for that matter).Also hi, welcome to the rage thread.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38432 on: June 18, 2014, 04:04:31 pm »

EDIT: how are there ~2700 pages?!
You kinda want to change to to 50 posts/page (the best setting) or 25/posts page (still pretty good). Otherwise you'll have a problem if you try to keep up with the megathreads of gigantitude. (or most forum games, for that matter).Also hi, welcome to the rage thread.

It also sort of helps that this thread was created back in 2010.  There's been a couple o' noteworthy things to rage about over the years.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #38433 on: June 18, 2014, 04:06:08 pm »

So, as those of you who live in Ontario, Canada may know, Ontario driver's licenses work on a graduated system. So, you write a test to get your G1, do a driving test to get your G2, and do another driving test for your G. G1 you need some licensed G to be in the car while you're driving. G2 is functionally the exact same as a G (full license) except for some minor restrictions around blood-alcohol and driving past midnight with a certain number of people in your car. Also, G licenses mean lower insurance rates.

I have my G2, I got it when I was 17 and thus, it's about to expire. (You can have your G2 for 4 years).  I went for my G test today.

Wonderfully enough, I got a perfect score.

Now, I know what you're thinking. "Glloyd, the happy thread is over there, get out of here and let us RAGE.

Well, I failed.

I fucking failed with a perfect score.

You know why? Because apparently, there's some new municipal bylaw regarding city buses that I apparently broke. You need to follow the "rules of the road" on your test. Because I technically broke this stupid bylaw, this means I failed. But I still got a perfect score.

Needless to say, I'm really pissed off. The test itself cost $85, and then there's the cost of gas. Plus, I had to leave work early (because their hours end before I get off work), drive an hour home, drive half an hour out to the testing centre, sit at the testing centre for another 45 minutes, take the half hour test, get told I failed for some bullshit reason, then drive half an hour home. The part that really rankles is that after it was all said and done, I got home at the same time that I would've gotten home if I'd stayed at work. If I'd stayed at work and missed the test, I would have made enough in those 5 hours to just about cover the cost of the test. Goddamn, I am pissed.

Now, I have to wait 10 days until I can take the test again, and then I have to go through that whole process all over again, and pay another $85. Urgh. Thanks for listening to me vent. I'm just going to go split wood to work out some of my anger before I go on the Ministry of Transportation's shitty website again to book another test.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #38434 on: June 18, 2014, 04:09:58 pm »

... out of curiosity, what was the bylaw?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #38435 on: June 18, 2014, 04:28:40 pm »

... out of curiosity, what was the bylaw?

Apparently, in that municipality, you're not allowed to pass city buses if they're stopped by the side of the rode under any circumstances. Supposedly it's because buses were late for their routes and students complained enough and lobbied enough that they decided to pass it. It's the municipality that I go to university in, so either noone follows the law, or it's been passed in the few months that I've been off of school. But I live and work in a different municipality (I went to the other one for my test, because the testing centre is closer to where I live, by virtue of some really dumb decisions by the PC government of a decade or so ago... It's a long story), where I know that that isn't a law, because as part of my job, I drive a variety of different vehicles for the Conservation Authority, and I went through a ton of different training sessions and whatnot, and that was never brought up. Along with that, the Conservation Authority is part of the municipal government, so they make a point of telling us the various different laws and bylaws that come up. So it's only something for this one city, and because I don't make a hobby of reading every single bylaw passed in that city, I was completely unaware. If I had scheduled my test 40 minutes east of there, I would've passed. Isn't that just dandy?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38436 on: June 18, 2014, 04:32:50 pm »

Damn, that's a sucky reason to fail.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38438 on: June 18, 2014, 05:13:58 pm »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #38439 on: June 18, 2014, 05:29:01 pm »

Ahem.

GET YOUR FUCKING FAT, REDNECK ASSES OFF THE BACK OF THE AUCTION TRUCK, YOU STUPID, LAZY FUCKING HILLBILLIES. WHEN THERE IS 750 POUNDS OF FUCKING STUPID BLOCKING US FROM GETTING OFF THE TRUCK, IT FUCKING DRIVES ME CRAZY.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #38440 on: June 18, 2014, 05:29:56 pm »

I.....thought that was Cmega from the Avatar as I read it.

It seemed a trifle out of character :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #38441 on: June 18, 2014, 06:15:17 pm »

Spectacles snapped, unsure why.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38442 on: June 18, 2014, 08:00:26 pm »

HOW DOES IT KNOW.
It asks some really dumb questions doe. First question, "Is your character female?" (yes). Down the line it asks, back to back, "Is your character a woman?" (yes), and "Is your character male?" (durr).

The smart part of that game is actually matching up the attributes to people, not so much in determining what questions to ask.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #38443 on: June 18, 2014, 08:02:19 pm »

HOW DOES IT KNOW.
It asks some really dumb questions doe. First question, "Is your character female?" (yes). Down the line it asks, back to back, "Is your character a woman?" (yes), and "Is your character male?" (durr).

The smart part of that game is actually matching up the attributes to people, not so much in determining what questions to ask.
It assumes you may have made some misclicks. Which I have. It always gets it right in the end unless you're being a git.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38444 on: June 18, 2014, 08:06:43 pm »

HOW DOES IT KNOW.

It assumes you may have made some misclicks. Which I have. It always gets it right in the end unless you're being a git.
Okay, it just asked "Is your character female?" again.

I think asking twice is probably enough.

EDIT: Okay, it also just asked "Is your character pink-haired?" and "Does your character have pink hair?" right back-to-back.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 08:09:51 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.
Pages: 1 ... 2561 2562 [2563] 2564 2565 ... 3345