Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708086 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #3810 on: May 27, 2011, 03:46:37 pm »

I'm leaving for my other parent's home soon, so I'll just take care of it next week.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: May 27, 2011, 09:20:11 pm »

Oh man, I am finally gonna beat EoSD, I got Remilia down to half of a life bar and I've still got one life left plus a bomb on this one and-

"th06e.exe
An exception has occurred at..."

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

EDIT: Actually, that was my second reaction. This was my first. Should I be sad that memes describe roughly 50% of my emotions perfectly?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 09:22:16 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: May 27, 2011, 10:27:40 pm »

She manipulated fate.
You were fated to lose.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: May 28, 2011, 12:18:40 am »

Bah, had to sleep and missed the rest of it.  Ah, well... nothing of value, right?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: May 28, 2011, 08:26:04 am »

Manually updating UWO, one file at a time it seems. Seriously, what retard designed that updater?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: May 28, 2011, 08:34:48 am »

I haven't played Farcry 2 in ages, so I decided to play it.

And you know what the first thing it does is? It begins forcing me to update the game. Since my broadband has been used up for now, this is going to be SLOOOW
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: May 28, 2011, 11:32:31 am »

So, I go to take my bike to a nearby pizza place for lunch, since my parents can't be bothered to keep anything but beer and soup in the house1, I discover they've thrown out even more of my water bottles, and when I go outside to look for my bike(they moved it without telling me), I give to my stepdad's asshole friends2 a greeting fitting their intelligence(and yes, it was a greeting), to which my stepdad's brother(think Robert from Everyone Loves Raymond, only 10x as retarded), whom has threatened to fight me more than once for reasons only his beer-soaked mind can come up with, promptly says "Fuck you!" to me. My stepdad then yells at me for not giving his asshole friends a proper greeting.

After taking a few minutes to find my bike(they, obviously, were of no help), I discover that the front tire has dog crap on it. Seeing as there's no piles of dog crap around where I found it, and there shouldn't, seeing as my stepdad supposedly goes around the yard regularly to clean it up(and only due to previous complaints from the town about it), especially around the driveway and garage, I have to assume that when he moved it, he sought out a pile of dog crap and intentionally rolled the wheel through it.

1: With all the money he spends on beer and soup, you'd think it was his life's intent to live like a redneck slob. In fact, I think I remember hearing him saying it was at some point.
2: My stepdad is a much bigger asshole when he has friends over as well. He is certainly more abusive towards the dogs, more prone to kicking them for simply being excited, when someone is over.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: May 28, 2011, 11:53:01 am »

Ouch.

Akura, I have no idea how you manage to put up with these people.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: May 28, 2011, 12:23:07 pm »

Jesus Christ man! Why is this not in the Sad thread?

That really sucks, I have no idea how you put up with that either.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: May 28, 2011, 12:37:40 pm »

Man. I thought my stepdad was a jerk.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: May 28, 2011, 01:05:00 pm »

Your stepdad sounds like Dwight Yoakam's character from Sling Blade, man.  :(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: May 28, 2011, 01:22:01 pm »

I wonder if this has been mentioned before, but here goes?  Under 18, seek help from child protection agencies, over 18, desperately find a way to move out?  Sticking around can only cause you more harm.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: May 28, 2011, 01:23:20 pm »

He's working on the "moving out" part. Unfortunately his dad doesn't have enough money to accommodate him or something.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: May 28, 2011, 03:31:48 pm »

Unfortunately, I haven't heard from him in over a month. And I can't get out on my own, since they seem to be actively preventing my from getting a job, and even if I could get one, they'd probably claim almost all of it as "rent", preventing me from saving any(to quote the stepdad from general conversations: "There's no point in saving money, it'll all be gone the next day anyway.").

After my mom got home from work today, he starts telling her bullshit about me, including possible threats of being kicked out.
And this asshole was badgering me just yesterday to get him some of those "Volunteer" shirts I got from work, claiming he did volunteer. First, you have to be actually working where I work to be considered a volunteer(even if, technically, I'm not), and not simply helping on the food line. Second, Thursday I went out to where he supposedly volunteers at(which is very close to my home), and I didn't see him, mom, or that creepy guy who lives in the upstairs apartment, helping or getting food. Third, my boss specifically said don't give them out to anyone when we got the shirts. Did he listen? No.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: May 28, 2011, 05:32:56 pm »

Akura,

They would go to prison if you had solid evidence of what they do. They can't evict you if they're in prison. And, from some of what you said, they may just incriminate themselves if put in front of a judge/jury.

Tell someone. The shit they tell you they'll do doesn't matter if they're in prison.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 3345