Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2441 2442 [2443] 2444 2445 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696196 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Love = War Edition
« Reply #36630 on: May 13, 2014, 07:22:19 am »

* Tiruin introduces
Comodo IceDragon, somewhat related to Firefox and is based on such (reference @wikipedia) but without the current update in Firefox...
How bad is it? I'm too busy using IceDragon to know how bad Firefox' latest update is (as said by the rage?).

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #36631 on: May 13, 2014, 07:35:44 am »

System Requirements

Windows 7 / Vista / XP – 32/64 bit

Autofail for many B12ers, unfortunately. I'd go for it if it ran on Linux. This is an appropriate thread.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 07:42:13 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #36632 on: May 13, 2014, 09:20:28 am »

My Linux Firefox can't autoupdate, so I have no idea whatcher guys all talking about. What's so bad about the most recent FF?

I use comodo dragon on Win7.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #36633 on: May 13, 2014, 09:55:38 am »

Bought one of those pre-paid gift debit cards to get myself some books and stuff. I've done this a few times already so I know how it works and all. Except this time two different services are saying that the data I've put in is incorrect, I've triple checked what it says on the card and everything was correctly written.

So what the fuck is wrong with it then?!?!?!

To make matters worse, the bank where I've bought it has closed down for the day meaning I have to go tommorrow to ask what the fuck did they fuck up.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36634 on: May 13, 2014, 10:33:14 am »

My data on my nuzlocke got reset to an hour's worth of work after it became the biggest stress reliever I got right now
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #36635 on: May 13, 2014, 12:16:13 pm »

I have to go to "Academic Detention" today as a result of my missing 6 assignments in English.

The idea was, they put failing kids in the library for a few hours to catch up on work.

What actually happens is they lock the kids whose teachers don't accept late assignments in a room with the rowdy idiots and the grade school teachers for two hours. It's a waste of my time.

Stupid homework. My non-homework grades are great. My father's math teacher apparently gave no homework and a quiz every week. Wish more teachers were like that.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #36636 on: May 13, 2014, 01:10:46 pm »

In the grim darkness of the future, there is only....Chess!

GWS seems determined to drive what's left of fan loyalty into the ground, by constantly greenlighting games no actual fan of 40k would ever play.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #36637 on: May 13, 2014, 01:45:56 pm »

... are they not even bothering to use the in-lore chess variation thing whose name I'm forgetting? I mean. At least with that you could play with the rules a little, tie it into existent lore and maybe actually appease fans... somewhat. But just... chess? Straight up, year 2000 chess? That is. Somewhat lazy.

I thought we were done with chess games back in like the early 2000s, late 90s. Or whenever deep blue or whatever it was came about. Why are we still making more?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #36638 on: May 13, 2014, 01:46:12 pm »

English homework essay (counts as foreign language): "Express your opinion in 100 words". That is why I utterly despise my (mandatory) English classes.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36639 on: May 13, 2014, 01:57:50 pm »

Yesterday received the no-contact order from the school, plus a copy of the one my ex-friend received(same thing, word-for-word). First sentence had a blatant lie, claimed that the associate dean discussed counseling and other services with me. This did not happen. It also completely failed to give any reason as to why it happened in the first place. Made an appointment tomorrow with the associate dean to  get a copy of the actual complaint.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #36640 on: May 13, 2014, 02:27:41 pm »

The word "this" or "these" in "news" article titles makes me so freaking angry.
What's wrong with them?

"You won't believe what this woman said!"

"These hackers defaced the FBI website with liberal slogan "we need a slogan!""

Use the damn names. You're not indicating anything.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36641 on: May 13, 2014, 02:32:25 pm »

In the grim darkness of the future, there is only....Chess!

GWS seems determined to drive what's left of fan loyalty into the ground, by constantly greenlighting games no actual fan of 40k would ever play.

Are you goddamn kidding me. Really? No, really?

They should remake Chaos Gate and actually have a game I'd want to play.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #36642 on: May 13, 2014, 02:44:28 pm »

So my leaking toilet turns out to be a way bigger deal than just replacing the floor seal.

No, apparently, the floor underneath the toilet is collapsing and/or rotting, making a new seal pretty much useless since it won't properly seal anyways, and the toilet is moving around and not even properly secured to the floor.

So it's looking like they're going to have to tear out the floor in my bathroom, possibly replace the toilet and the water line that feeds it (because apparently it doesn't turn off completely either!)

Fuck. People. That. Renovate. Their. Own. Homes. They rarely know what they're doing, save money by cutting corners and disguise a thousand dollar problem until it becomes a several thousand dollar problem years later.

Christ, I could live without a toilet. But the unimpeded smell of the sewer lines is not something I can live with. No way I'm going to take a shower in a 7x7 room that's filled with sewer gas.

At least I'm not on the hook for the bill. On the other hand, my landlord is about 2000 miles away so the hopes of this getting done expediently are slim.

Word to the wise for renters: when the owner says that they "don't normally hang out" in the space you're renting, be wary. It generally means they don't have the slightest clue that problems are coming and the problems that are there have probably swelled in size to become major fucking problems.

On the plus side, if I completely lose it, I can just vent sewer gas into the downstairs and blow all the spiders and myself to kingdom come.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 03:13:06 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #36643 on: May 13, 2014, 03:04:30 pm »

The Arachnid overlords would only enjoy that.

Speaking of, there is a spider in the drain (Plughole) of the bath that, everytime you see it, scuttles out of sight.

Not strange in itself, right? But it. Has. Been. There. For. Days.

What is it eating?!?!?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #36644 on: May 13, 2014, 03:11:35 pm »

Perhaps nothing; spiders don't necessarily need to eat every day.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 2441 2442 [2443] 2444 2445 ... 3345