Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2412 2413 [2414] 2415 2416 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697069 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

IIRC, it was compulsory. The scientists, I believe, were most stridently against it, and issued propaganda to that effect.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

why exactly is it not compulsory anymore

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

I'm more surprised and O_o than rage'y at that.
It's something I do not fully understand.
It... that kinda' reasoning is very simple. Someone you respect and trust (whether you're justified in respecting and trusting that person, especially in relation to a particular technical field, like medicine, is a different discussion) says a thing. You trust that person -- and trust that they have done the research on the subject -- so you believe that thing.

It's... something I'm fairly sure most of us here do at some point or another. People don't have time to learn the intricacies of every technical field they need to know about or make decisions regarding, so they find (people who claim to be) experts and place their trust in them. There is fundamentally no difference between following celebrity endorsements and listening to your doctor (without doing your own research, or getting a second opinion, which a tremendous amount of people do regularly, and often for the better). S'just considerably more likely the doctor knows what the hell they're talking about, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile

That said, I have no less than 7 mosquito bites on me right now.

Again I am thankful for living in a country too cold for mosquitoes to survive.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh and for a rage... I hurt my back exercising and now I gotta stop until it gets better :( I should really pay attention to good form more ._.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

That said, I have no less than 7 mosquito bites on me right now.

Again I am thankful for living in a country too cold for mosquitoes to survive.

Mosquitoes find me unpalatable for whatever reason.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

Mosquitoes aren't a biggie. They may carry diseases, but that's not common hereabouts. I worry about bees and hornets and wasps because I'm allergic. And horseflies because fuck those things. And centipedes because nope.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

And centipedes because nope.
Aww....they just want to give you lots and lots and lots and lots of hugs. And venomous nibbles.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Instead, we get midges. Midges which, might I add, LOVE me. Unfortunately, midge love bites are itchy as fuck.

At least they don't follow you into your room at night and buzz into your ear until you're running around with a mallet.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile

Britain doesn't have much in the way of mosquitoes.

Instead, we get midges. Midges which, might I add, LOVE me. Unfortunately, midge love bites are itchy as fuck.

I read the whole post with midgets instead of midges. Somehow it all still fits.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Britain doesn't have much in the way of mosquitoes.

I read the whole post with midgets instead of midges. Somehow it all still fits.

Shut up. Your avatar shows you to be one of them.
And damn, dem midges. And the ticks, too. They never bother my dad, they stay away from him...and all come for me. They hate me.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Mosquitoes usually don't bother me too bad. I have naturally oily skin, might be part of it.
When I was in China, I got maybe two bites total. Apparently I'm an acquired taste.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Man, ticks suck. And there's billions of the little buggers now because of the huge swarms of deer not enough people are shooting, because guns in this country are very frowned upon.

Lots of people just think they're banned entirely. Handguns pretty much are after Dunblane, but that was really a failure of police rather than allowing handguns. Rifles and shotguns are still legal for the most part, just not automatics and no semiautomatic rifles above .22 calibre.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Man, I despise guns for the most part, but even I'd definitely encourage hunting overpopulated animals. Deer can be quite a problem here, too. Their numbers just explode if you don't keep them in check. 

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Man, I despise guns for the most part, but even I'd definitely encourage hunting overpopulated animals. Deer can be quite a problem here, too. Their numbers just explode if you don't keep them in check.
We should look to DF for inspiration: Build a very tall tower with a trapdoor, and lots of butchers and tanners clustered around below. Deer tallow biscuits for everyone!

Pages: 1 ... 2412 2413 [2414] 2415 2416 ... 3345