Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3707431 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #3510 on: May 09, 2011, 01:30:07 pm »

Selective ignorance.
It's like no matter how often I say something, these people always choose to believe that the opposite is true.
Sometimes, it even gets to the point where serious questions on a topic will get dodged.

Sounds like half the world.

according to the other half.
did you say something?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: May 09, 2011, 04:17:22 pm »

My car's paintjob. I call it "Dusty Night", because no matter how many times I wash it, it still looks dusty and shows every smear, scratch and flaw in the body and paintjob.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: May 09, 2011, 04:31:13 pm »

Goddamn it, my hand won't stop hurting. It's the tendon attached to my thumb. I think I strained it fixing that cabinet, although I don't know why my right hand would be hurting if I was using the tools with my left hand.

Also, useless coworkers. At the end of the day today, the warehouse manager(who usually leaves about an hour early) asks me to sweep the floor, then wash the windows, and tells the other guy to wipe down the bathroom while I sweep, then mop the floor when I'm done sweeping.

Guess who mopped the floor and cleaned the bathroom.
Here's a hint: Immediately after the manager left the room, my coworker said under his breath "Kiss my ass" to him.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: May 09, 2011, 04:32:40 pm »

You're too nice Akura.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: May 10, 2011, 05:18:34 am »

My dad keeps insisting that i go pick up some books i left to copy yesterday, all the while i keep telling him that the copy shop is in the same building as my school and that i will do it when i go to school, he still doesn't get it i think and keeps asking telling me the same thing every half an hour -.-
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: May 10, 2011, 05:21:37 am »

Selective ignorance.
It's like no matter how often I say something, these people always choose to believe that the opposite is true.
Sometimes, it even gets to the point where serious questions on a topic will get dodged.

Sounds like half the world.

according to the other half.

Sounds like the whole world.
Shoes...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: May 10, 2011, 08:34:00 am »

Sysadmins who want to blow smoke up my ass and won't admit that their system has major problems, because in doing so they'd have to admit the second portion, which is that they don't know what's wrong or how to fix it.

Y'know what, I'm okay with you not knowing how to fix it -- we all go through that at times, even the highly competent. But don't pretend there's no problem or try to twist it around and make it like maybe it's something that I or my team did wrong, especially not when I have reams of evidence and basic logic to disprove you.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: May 10, 2011, 09:20:00 am »

Having to carefully pick-up that I'm about to be fucked over with extra work, and then having to spend an inordinate amount of time to get my chain of command to tell me that they're about to fuck me over.

Seriously, I haven't been this angry in a very, very, very long time.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: May 10, 2011, 01:22:16 pm »

Stepdad calling the vet to get a price for euthanizing my favorite dog(she starts fighting when things scare or surprise her). Then he starts complaining about the price, which means he may kill the dog himself.

If he kills the dog I will fucking murder him.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: May 10, 2011, 02:58:04 pm »

Akura, you need to get away from these people. If even you had said even half the things about your stepfather and mother that you have, I'd still advise you to get out at all costs. I think there is a legitimate chance that not only is your dog in danger from them, you are in serious danger.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: May 10, 2011, 04:30:14 pm »

my work pc, running windows 7, kept making all the file icons really big and what I assumed was easy (set all folders to use list view) took me half an hour. WTF Windows? Why make it so obscure? and why change it to picture view in the first place? you think showing me a bunch of semi-random large pictures are gonna help me find a file I'm not entirely sure what is called?

On topic of windows, spent the entire weekend trying to get windows on my desktop to accept the Internet Connection Sharing from my linux laptop so I could play Portal 2, and it was working fine linux. Gave up in the end and downloaded portal by using wine and then getting a crack so it worked on windows. today windows decides for no reason its okay to be on the internet...

And the bus to work is pretty consistently 6-8 minutes late, which is impressive as my stop max 10 from where it starts. Only I found out the wrong way that its actually on time every now and then, so instead of timing it so I hardly have to wait, I have to wait 8 minutes. Not a whole lot, but it now is 1/3 of my travel time  >:(
the future isn't the present on steroids. The future is a mutated bacteria that you never saw coming. - Annalee Newitz
there are certain rooms that should not have lava moats. Namely danger room, and daycare rooms.
I prefer dwarves for some things. Like not laying eggs.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: May 10, 2011, 07:05:22 pm »

My dad has an Ipod touch he carries around with them
it's always turned on
It can access the local wi-fi
He knows it can access the wi-fi
He knows it can access the internet

So why the hell does he make me drop everything I'm doing and got to google to look up a fix for every tech problem he has when he could do it by himself?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: May 10, 2011, 07:15:16 pm »

Because you probably type and link sort faster. All my friends make me do that shit too. When people need to know something, it's "Make Justin go find it, he's good at that."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: May 10, 2011, 07:18:30 pm »

And now a few apended questions:

WHY THE <unwriteable> DOES EVERY <Redacted> COMPUTER IN THE <data expunged> HOUSE WAIT UNTIL I'M <Censored> SICK TO <Language of the Elder Gods> STOP WORKING!?

Also: Why do I never have enough chicken noodle soup for when I get sick?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: May 10, 2011, 10:47:09 pm »

If he kills the dog I will fucking murder him.
I understand what you mean.

Remember, bury him at sea.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 3345