Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3707353 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #3480 on: May 07, 2011, 07:42:46 pm »

Your boss is one noble man, I think!

You should gift him with a floodgate and a lever, specially made for him to pull!

With a chewy magma centre? :P

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: May 07, 2011, 07:44:16 pm »

Your boss is one noble man, I think!

You should gift him with a floodgate and a lever, specially made for him to pull!

With a chewy magma centre? :P
Yes!

Tellemurius' boss would just LOVE magma!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: May 07, 2011, 07:45:29 pm »

Can anyone tell me why -- after about fifty pages worth of accumulated, persuasive postings of why violence is not the answer -- people still immediately react to things they disagree with in severely violent terms. Please stop holding your head high in any form of moral or intellectual superiority when it's honestly your first vocalised reaction.

Word.
Shoes...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: May 07, 2011, 10:06:14 pm »

Dear customers,
There must be something wrong with you if you are paying for a pack of smokes with SMALL CHANGE.

Sincerely,
Guy that needs to find a better job >_>

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: May 07, 2011, 10:42:24 pm »

It's time to rage about HR3 again.

Seriously, this is a really important article.  It lays out all sorts of things I'd been unable to make clear myself.
While I may disagree with a few details of that article(such as whether a fetus can feel pain, which is a whole 'nother discussion that I'd prefer not to have right now), the rest of it really does make me hate this country a bit more. I mean, who the hell lets people like this into power?!

4.) More persecuted than the victims of Joe Pitts’ Let Women Die Act, which would “allow hospitals that receive federal funds but are opposed to abortions to turn away women in need of emergency pregnancy termination to save their lives.” Currently, “if a hospital can’t (or wont) provide the care a patient needs, it is required to transfer that patient to a hospital that can, and the receiving hospital is required to accept that patient. In the case of an anti-abortion hospital with a patient requiring an emergency abortion, ETMALA would require that hospital to perform it or transfer the patient to someone who can. Pitts’ new bill would free hospitals from any abortion requirement under EMTALA, meaning that medical providers who aren’t willing to terminate pregnancies wouldn’t have to — nor would they have to facilitate a transfer. The hospital could literally do nothing at all.” I would like to think that no doctor would allow that to happen, but these days I’m not so sure.
My medical knowledge is a bit sketchy, but that sounds like a clear violation of the Hippocratic Oath(which, as far as I know, every single doctor in the country is supposed to swear by before being allowed to practice medicine). Then again, the Hippocratic Oath isn't exactly legally binding, and hospitals aren't run by doctors, but businessmen(who certainly aren't bound by it).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: May 07, 2011, 10:48:02 pm »

Why can't we just define what we need instead of just blanket banning?
Politician: "we can?"
Alex: >_>

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3486 on: May 07, 2011, 11:22:40 pm »

Can anyone tell me why -- after about fifty pages worth of accumulated, persuasive postings of why violence is not the answer -- people still immediately react to things they disagree with in severely violent terms. Please stop holding your head high in any form of moral or intellectual superiority when it's honestly your first vocalised reaction.
Well, diplomacy isn't working, and this monstrosity of an idea is barreling down at us at high speeds. There isn't much else to put on our minds besides crossing our fingers, hoping that both Obama will vote down (which probably should happen) and the House doesn't 2/3+ in retaliation. Passive thoughts are easy to avoid in times of rage...
There is also protest, but we've been doing that already.
Of course, i do not endorse murder in this case. Violence... Maybe... It truly depends.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: May 08, 2011, 12:28:02 am »

Wilfor, you seem to have forgotten something. I have never once on purpose and in a serious tone held my head high in moral or intellectual superiority. Every now and again, I do it as a form of self-flagellating humor, but I believe my shortcomings in these areas to be so obvious that there would be no other possible situation that I would regard myself highly in. I hold myself to be below my intellectual standards and I self identify as evil, because (once again,) I fall short of the moral standards that I set upon the world. If I have ever once come across to you as having myself in high regard, especially above any other people, I apologize because that tone was in error.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: May 08, 2011, 12:32:27 am »

Its because they are unable to see the big picture. Whenever I feel like lashing out, I simply contemplate the city of Hiroshima, Japan and realize that in the grand scheme of things no act of violence I could ever possibly commit could ever cause real, lasting damage.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: May 08, 2011, 12:38:32 am »

MY FUKKIN MICROWAVE
It beeps every 45 seconds after cooking and I am not always ready to run to it to shut it up.
Thank you based dwarf.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: May 08, 2011, 12:41:02 am »

Because I want to make those fuckers suffer as much as I've suffered, and as much as everyone they're hurting has suffered.

The fact that my first thought is violence does not matter at all in this simple moral argument.  The fact remains that I am capable of restraint.  I am capable of controlling myself.  I will not act violently, because the pain wreaked on me was enough the first time and the universe doesn't need any more.  If asked: "do you mean that?" I would reply "no, never."  Even: "are you really angry at those people?"  I would surely say "no."  Because I am not angry at them.  It is a problem, and I would like to fix it.

But they apparently have not learned their lesson, and are attempting to hurt women.  It is not their first, gut reaction.  It is controlled.  It is pervasive.  It is pernicious.  They have planned it, for years and years, and they are doing it.

That is why I can still hold my head high.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: May 08, 2011, 12:47:07 am »

Because, just like holding our tongues or not calling people out or just letting others have their opinions, it's do as I say not as I do. I imagine violence will fall out of favor right around the same time the rest of those things do.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: May 08, 2011, 04:46:37 am »

*Looking for an .gif animation of link from LoZ2*
Now this should be easy! I mean he is everywhere, right?

*An hour later*
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: May 08, 2011, 04:49:25 am »

This poorly slapped together comic I made describes how I feel about Steam.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Steam's forced updates and server fuckups piss me off to no end.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: May 08, 2011, 02:46:17 pm »

This poorly slapped together comic I made describes how I feel about Steam.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Steam's forced updates and server fuckups piss me off to no end.

This has never happened to me.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 3345