Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3707205 times)

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #3450 on: May 07, 2011, 04:57:41 am »

I think the nicest thing a person can provide is blunt honesty and critiquing sarcasm, most "nice people" are not savvy to this.

Also this 
Thank you based dwarf.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: May 07, 2011, 10:33:46 am »

I was getting dressed a minute ago, and when I reached for the deodorant I normally use(Axe), I noticed both cans I had were gone. Seeing as my mother handed me a stick of deodorant yesterday for no readily apparent reason, I can only come to one conclusion about this, and I am extremely pissed about it. Those fuckers took them, if you haven't figured it out yet.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: May 07, 2011, 10:35:21 am »

Your brother's a pyromaniac too?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: May 07, 2011, 10:37:47 am »

Your brother's a pyromaniac too?
Not that I'm aware of, although considering his current profession(soldier in the Middle East), it might be helpful.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: May 07, 2011, 10:49:33 am »

Vector, I follow you in regard to any side of the gender-fence tending toward assholes. I also agree with you, Psy, and add that "nice" actions, like opening doors for people, etc. may be pleasant, but say nothing of the spirit or intent behind them, and can just as easily be forced or used for manipulation. What's more important is the spirit behind an action; well-intentioned honesty, though it can hurt others, is far more valuable than a kind lie.

Also, the "untouchable bitchy flirt" female archetype is frequently used as a male character's romantic interest in American film and TV, while a common male archetype is a funny, aggressive, impulsive asshole. I tend to think that these do play into the traits people look for in potential partners. As a person gains self-awareness and/or experience with relationships and people, they get a better idea of the traits they're actually looking for in a partner, rather than the ones that our cultures would tell us are ideal.

You will find cases where people look for "nice" folks. I myself am one, though I tend to look for people who are well-intentioned or kind at heart; people with enough awareness and social conscience to want to do good in the world, even if that means being aggressive, or having to be an ass. In fact, I'm most attracted to people who are consciously aggressive, with good intentions. I don't do the aggression thing so well myself, and having someone with skills to compliment my laid-back nature is ideal. If I found another person as chill (or dare I say chiller!) than I, I'd be afraid of stagnating in an endless cycle of concession. I'm better at providing support to others than at leading the charge, and tend to do well alongside short-tempered people.

Anyway, back on topic... in regard to the aforementioned 3-friend pileup incident, I'm going to be seeing these guys tonight. Going to ask if the new boyfriend can limit the touchy-feely stuff for the sake of the old one while we're all in the same place. We'll see how it goes.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #3455 on: May 07, 2011, 12:16:14 pm »

Anyway, back on topic... in regard to the aforementioned 3-friend pileup incident, I'm going to be seeing these guys tonight. Going to ask if the new boyfriend can limit the touchy-feely stuff for the sake of the old one while we're all in the same place. We'll see how it goes.

Hope it works out, still plannin' to livestream something tonight?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: May 07, 2011, 03:36:46 pm »

I actually have no idea why I'm spending most of the day lately pissed off and suffering headaches. None at all. And that just makes me angrier.

Gah.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: May 07, 2011, 06:02:46 pm »

Oh fucking wonderful.
My stepdad gives me shit about eating something that was offered to my by my mother, and while raging about that, and all the other shit they've put me through, I pulled a little too hard on the door of my wardrobe cabinet, and part of the hinge came off. So now I'm pissed at breaking my shitty furniture, too.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: May 07, 2011, 06:15:24 pm »

I know how you feel. My stepdad's a bit of a jerk, too.

He refuses to acknowledge that Asperger's Syndrome exists, his excuse for being generally childish (Playing childish pranks, being a pain in the arse, etc.) is 'I make the most money in this household, and the fact that we're at opposite ends of the political spectrum (He's right-wing, I'm left wing) doesn't help. A while ago, he pulled a 'prank' on me. I was in my room, with my door closed so I didn't have to listen to my sister's 'music', and he ties one end of a rope to the door handle, and the other end to something (Can't remember what...), effectively trapping me in my bedroom. Now, when I realize this, I have a bit of a panic attack, as I can't stand being stuck in a room like that. I tackle the door repeatedly in attempt to get it open. I manage to get it open, but only because I ended forcing the door farther on its hinges than it was supposed to go (Now it swings both ways :P ). He gets mad at me and yells at me, all while I'm trying to calm myself down after my little freak-out. Freakin' conservative prick...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: May 07, 2011, 06:18:38 pm »

Vorthon, I think you may have pointed out why the right-wing gets so much hate.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: May 07, 2011, 06:21:45 pm »

Well, the good news is that the damage isn't too bad, I can easily fix it if I had a piece of wood about 1/4" thick, a couple of screws, and a screwdriver.

And here I thought I was going to try to avoid construction work my entire life. What the fuck ::).

Another thing raging me, they haven't given me my money for the week. Right now, I have only 6¢ in my wallet. I don't have any means of getting to work on Monday, much less pay for anything else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: May 07, 2011, 06:40:07 pm »

It's time to rage about HR3 again.

Seriously, this is a really important article.  It lays out all sorts of things I'd been unable to make clear myself.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: May 07, 2011, 06:53:02 pm »

Vorthon, I think you may have pointed out why the right-wing gets so much hate.

I don't think Vorthon's dad's behaviour is terribly related to the fact that he's a conservative; sounds more like it's related to the fact that he's a dick.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: May 07, 2011, 06:55:00 pm »

I have seen girls complain about how only sluts get the guys.  It's basically the Nice Guy rant but reversed, and with sluts instead of jerks.  It's not as common though, definitely not as common as the other one.

They key here, is that no girl ever looked at a guy and said "Man, I would totally date this guy if he were more of a jackass."  The whole "Girls only like jerks" thing is an attempt to avoid the real reason she's not interested in him.
Shoes...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: May 07, 2011, 06:56:05 pm »

I think the thing about sluts is that they're easier to get and some guys don't like to make any effort to get laid.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 3345