Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2192 2193 [2194] 2195 2196 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3688990 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Portlandia Edition
« Reply #32895 on: February 23, 2014, 11:23:44 am »

Nope, returns your post :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #32896 on: February 23, 2014, 11:38:28 am »

Google is scary efficient.
And that one doesn't count. :I

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32897 on: February 23, 2014, 11:45:20 am »

* LordSlowpoke prods Skyrunner with the magic devil slate

THE POWER OF GOOGLE COMPELS YOU

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #32898 on: February 23, 2014, 11:51:47 am »

My best friend, who is also my partner in this school project just linked me the presentation and then proceeded to go offline.
I HAVE NO IDEA WHICH SLIDES I HAVE TO PRESENT.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32899 on: February 23, 2014, 11:57:19 am »

Just do an MC HAMMER performance - a slide presentation!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #32900 on: February 23, 2014, 02:20:37 pm »

YOU CANNOT HIDE FROM GOOGLE
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32901 on: February 23, 2014, 02:52:35 pm »

YOU CANNOT HIDE FROM GOOGLE
No, but Ghostery, BetterPrivacy and some toying around in browser settings and about:config to prevent firefox from sending copy of every crash report to them will help a lot.

*puts on tinfoil hat*
...now Google can't find me.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32902 on: February 23, 2014, 11:20:36 pm »

WTH is "the average tablet user"? A Starbucks-frequenting, selfie-taking, vapid peroxide blonde teenage girl?
As a Best Buy worker, I wish this was the case. The average tablet user around here is a middle aged technophobe who wants to play candy crush saga on facebook, and doesn't understand the paradox of choosing a tablet over the "magic devil box". Yes, those words were used, verbatim, by one of my customers. Yes, that customer bought a tablet. No, I don't understand how the tablet is also not a "magic devil box."

Are you in America? I heard bad things happen there.
Yes, although to be fair, I don't live in a very nice city. Neighborhoodscout.com ranks my city's safety level at 6/100, with 100 being perfect safety. Across the state, Detroit is 2/100, Flint is 1/100. In comparison, New York City is a 22/100 (although certain boroughs are much safer. Queens is a 53/100. Bronx is also 22/100.) Chicago is an 8/100 (although the suburbs are considerably safer. Homer Glen is an 85/100!)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #32903 on: February 23, 2014, 11:59:06 pm »

WTH is "the average tablet user"? A Starbucks-frequenting, selfie-taking, vapid peroxide blonde teenage girl?
As a Best Buy worker, I wish this was the case. The average tablet user around here is a middle aged technophobe who wants to play candy crush saga on facebook, and doesn't understand the paradox of choosing a tablet over the "magic devil box". Yes, those words were used, verbatim, by one of my customers. Yes, that customer bought a tablet. No, I don't understand how the tablet is also not a "magic devil box."

Yes, although to be fair, I don't live in a very nice city. Neighborhoodscout.com ranks my city's safety level at 6/100, with 100 being perfect safety. Across the state, Detroit is 2/100, Flint is 1/100. In comparison, New York City is a 22/100 (although certain boroughs are much safer. Queens is a 53/100. Bronx is also 22/100.) Chicago is an 8/100 (although the suburbs are considerably safer. Homer Glen is an 85/100!)
*A wild New Yorker appears*

First off, saying the whole city is 22 is inaccurate: Manhattan's official name is New York County (Thus making it New York, New York, NY), so you are only reading Manhattan. Secondly, both Manhattan and the Bronx suffer from some fairly significant statistical diversion; both have rich and poor parts. Thirdly, Queens is nice, but the rich white republican borough is Staten Island, with 63/100. Fourthly, the city average is 39.4. Fifthly, the violent crime rate is both the lowest it's ever been, and dropping. Less than a murder a day is impressive for city with the population of a small nation.

Info/New York dump over.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32904 on: February 24, 2014, 12:20:45 am »

The point is, though, I live in a shithole of a city.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32905 on: February 24, 2014, 12:25:34 am »

Just checked my city. 13/100, which is weird. It doesn't seem that bad at all :L
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #32906 on: February 24, 2014, 01:31:23 am »

Only thing that ever happened in my city was a truck spreading a woman's bodyparts all over various streets :v

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32907 on: February 24, 2014, 01:59:08 am »

My city is 7/100. They want me to subscribe for the rating for my neighborhood. fuckthat.jpg.png.gif

Though apparently the town I go to university in is a 13/100, despite having a grand total of 34 violent crimes per year (which still seems rather high). I call inaccurate statistics.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #32908 on: February 24, 2014, 02:09:51 am »

22/100, apparently. Given the rising number of sexual assaults that were what prompted me to open the thread for posting in the first place, I guess I'm not surprised. This goddamn city.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32909 on: February 24, 2014, 03:44:47 am »

Augusta, Georgia is a 4/100

That's surprising...

Either way, I live here soooo... Yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 2192 2193 [2194] 2195 2196 ... 3345