Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705317 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #3225 on: April 29, 2011, 03:35:17 pm »

Bible Study went well enough, until the guy talking started saying shit about evolution and Nirvana. And now I have a newer, younger group of irritating coworkers who think that we're assigned stuff to do simply so that we're not doing nothing.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: April 29, 2011, 07:11:07 pm »

So I'm working this fossil shell I have into a pendant. Very carefully, everything's going fine, I've got it held down and in one piece. Just gotta flatten out the back now that I've got this attached, and... crack. The whole thing falls apart, so now I've got empty space in the pendant where a shiny object ought to be, AND I've destroyed the prettiest thing I've ever owned. Also, I have only myself to blame.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: April 29, 2011, 07:29:52 pm »

So I'm working this fossil shell I have into a pendant. Very carefully, everything's going fine, I've got it held down and in one piece. Just gotta flatten out the back now that I've got this attached, and... crack. The whole thing falls apart, so now I've got empty space in the pendant where a shiny object ought to be, AND I've destroyed the prettiest thing I've ever owned. Also, I have only myself to blame.
Ouch.  :-[

Today my wife was told by her department chair to bring a hat, wasn't told why. She's a high school teacher. Discovered that the school staff was going to celebrate the Royal Wedding ... something we find rather ridiculous. Our friends in England are not happy with it, citing the taxpayer money and austerity measures, but we should celebrate?

Caused some strife. So it goes. *growls*

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: April 29, 2011, 08:21:53 pm »

Huh, and I remember the royal couple asking for people not to bring extravagant wedding gifts on account of the poor economy.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: April 29, 2011, 08:54:26 pm »

Huh, and I remember the royal couple asking for people not to bring extravagant wedding gifts on account of the poor economy.

Are you sure it isn't because the biggest welfare case on the planet, the royal family of Britain, has no more room in their fancy palace for new swag?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: April 29, 2011, 09:44:23 pm »

Your cynicism was so strong I almost felt it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: May 01, 2011, 10:15:49 am »

Trying to find MP3 versions of various Vocaloid songs. So many obvious virus traps.
Trying to rip directly from Youtube, and it keeps randomly restarting for some reason.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: May 01, 2011, 10:25:53 am »

Trying to find MP3 versions of various Vocaloid songs. So many obvious virus traps.
Trying to rip directly from Youtube, and it keeps randomly restarting for some reason.
BYTubeD Firefox addon has worked fairly well for me. Or the Ant Toolbar thing, but I can never remeber where that saves things to.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: May 01, 2011, 11:02:04 am »

I use Ant. The toolbar has a Browse button which opens the folder it saves to(C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\ant.com on Vista).
And goddamnit, it just restarted for the nth time, and the file is only 8MB.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: May 01, 2011, 12:13:41 pm »

Almost, ALMOST have my WoW account back, that is until someone changed the password on it again.  I really have no idea how they're doing this.  I've virus scanned my computer to death and they've caught nothing.  I'd order an authenticator when and if I actually get access to my account and keep it that way.  This is frustrating beyond all belief ._.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: May 01, 2011, 12:20:13 pm »

I suppose contacting Blizzard Customer Support, and telling them someone still has your password, and asking them to change it to something arbritrary and send that to you would work.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: May 01, 2011, 01:03:38 pm »

If it's just account info, you might also try a public computer to work on this, on the offchance it is malicious software on yours. Wanna be sure you can then delete that information from the public one, though.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: May 01, 2011, 06:31:23 pm »

Dangit, tried to burn a music CD at my aunt's house. Turns out Windows Media Player can't using MP3s or something.
I tried burning the MP3 files directly, but I'm pretty sure I just wasted a perfectly good blank CD.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: May 01, 2011, 06:33:35 pm »

Dangit, tried to burn a music CD at my aunt's house. Turns out Windows Media Player can't using MP3s or something.
I tried burning the MP3 files directly, but I'm pretty sure I just wasted a perfectly good blank CD.
That's odd, they do work in WMP...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: May 01, 2011, 06:40:30 pm »

what version is it?
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 3345