Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2117 2118 [2119] 2120 2121 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692629 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Too Sexy For This Thread Edition
« Reply #31770 on: January 17, 2014, 11:50:57 pm »

*sigh

You are probably right.  But I am also the only person that DOES script development in here for some reason. It isn't like scripting is a terribly rare skill.. why am I the only one here that can do it?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Too Sexy For This Thread Edition
« Reply #31771 on: January 18, 2014, 12:14:24 am »

*sigh

You are probably right.  But I am also the only person that DOES script development in here for some reason. It isn't like scripting is a terribly rare skill.. why am I the only one here that can do it?
Move to LA. I guarantee you will never have that problem again.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31772 on: January 18, 2014, 12:22:13 am »

But then I would have to live in LA!

Seriously, making VBA applications is the "mcdonalds work" of software development. I am NOT a software developer, and don't want to be either. Yet, here I am.. explaining on deaf ears what FOR loops and CASE statements are... watching in dismay as eyeballs glaze over.

Mention that you need to leave G43.4 mode to do a tapping operation, and they are all smiles and attention.

*sigh.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #31773 on: January 18, 2014, 12:47:01 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Argh days-old open browser tabs. Spoilered for previous conversation.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 12:53:22 am by Tiruin »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31774 on: January 18, 2014, 01:16:07 am »

It is about a billion degrees in the shade, the humidity is toying with the idea of actually being under water, there are storm clouds rumbling over head, and still the weather refuses to just break and rain and cool down! JUST FREAKING RAIN ALREADY!!!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31775 on: January 18, 2014, 01:28:56 am »

It is about a billion degrees in the shade, the humidity is toying with the idea of actually being under water, there are storm clouds rumbling over head, and still the weather refuses to just break and rain and cool down! JUST FREAKING RAIN ALREADY!!!

Here, have some of ours. Take it all. And the cold. And take some more rain too.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31776 on: January 18, 2014, 12:07:59 pm »

The last few days have been FUn. With a capital "FU".

Thursday, work. We had a large catering to do, the order saying 125 people, and it being in the library. The harpy supervisor was supposed to have most of it ready, but she didn't do crap and seemed to think it was mine and the other supervisor's fault. We didn't get it set up until at least 5-10 minutes after we were supposed to have it ready(damn near miracle that we got it done that quickly). I get back to the cafeteria only to find that it turns out it was in the next building over. My guess is that the harpy knew about it just "forgot" to tell everyone. Moving everything a second time left me exausted for the rest of the day.

Friday, work. First, the only other guys besides me working there(there's another but I haven't seen him in a while) comes and says he has stomach illness. He has to leave. Then the manager cuts the tip of her thumb off, leaving us shorthanded o to speak. At this point, I figured that if the harpy had a heart attack, I'd just leave because with my luck, a meteor would crash through the ceiling on top of me. As it turns out, she managed to give herself a very minor chemical burn while helping me(and she made sure to mention my name) fix the detergent dispenser in the dishwasher, which consists of three drums of different chemicals. One of them wasn't pumping, and although it was almost empty, there should have been enough left in the drum to pump. Even changing it it didn't pump, so she takes the input end of the line and blows into it. By the way, every one of those drums says "TOXIC. CORROSIVE. DO NOT TOUCH. SERIOUSLY, THIS SHIT BURNS." in big letters in multiple locations in at least two languages. So, entirely my fault that she got some on her face.

And today, I ask my mom to give me back my Food Stamp card so I could activate it. She doesn't. Worse, she doesn't say "no", she says okay, and then simply walks away. Then my stepdad starts giving me shit that they thought I was going to spend my own Food Stamps on stuff, because, you know, Food Stamps that are in my name do not belong to me, it belongs to them and only them. He kept going on even when I explained that I wasn't going to use it. He still didn't give it to me. If they make me go through so many hoops to get this stuff for them, and then prevent me from doing the last neccessary step, I guess that's their perogative.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31777 on: January 18, 2014, 12:20:50 pm »

Playing Starbound. Facing off against the third boss. Managed to get into a little hiding spot where I could snipe at the boss from my leisure. Other weapons were draining energy too fast. Switched over to a flamethrower. Now, up until this point, the boss had been content to sit on top of my hiding spot and rain down fire and explosions as a I shot at it through a hole in the roof. The moment I break out the flamethrower, it starts flying again. Then takes off. GRAAAAAAARGH. DX

Now I have to get more cloth and titanium and pixels and wood. ;~;

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #31778 on: January 18, 2014, 03:46:08 pm »

The closer I get to being 21, the more annoyed I get at being 20.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #31779 on: January 18, 2014, 04:05:53 pm »

I wish I had bar-friends... All my social friends live in a different town than where I live, and where the uni is :/

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31780 on: January 18, 2014, 04:06:46 pm »

The closer I get to twenty, the more annoyed I get about not being 21. Forget the alcohol itself- I'm not sure how much I'll like the social scene of bars and such, but there's not much else to do in my college town. Computer and hobbies are great, but dang if I don't want to be able to do actual things with other people.

On a unrelated note, I'm thinking about taking up lockpicking as a hobby, I just need to figure out how and if I want to start.

Well, if it's a padlock (particularly combination ones) you can open them with a strip of metal cut out a coke can.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #31781 on: January 18, 2014, 04:28:32 pm »

Batman: Arkham City. Great game, already beat it once.

But OMFG, Rocksteady, what clown was programming your control scheme? Who in their right fucking mind considers having to sign all the way out of game to set control inputs a rational way to do things? This game has to have one of the worst console --> PC control schemes in history. Tons of two button combinations, specifically hard coded to only accept some thing. Want to dive bomb whilst gliding? Don't use that Toggle Crouch key, it does nothing! No, go to the other side of the keyboard to hold the default crouch key. You have at least three hands right? Oh, hope you like multiple actions assigned to same key, that show as UNASSIGNED if you have the pluck and the nerve to rebind them.

I'd use my controller if this game didn't benefit immensely from using mouse look.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 04:57:53 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31782 on: January 18, 2014, 04:40:25 pm »

First alien base assault. Fucking rolling...

Until I hit the wasps nest and my Major Sniper and Assault dude have a badass last stand before being killed by cyber disks.

Goddamnit, fucking hate those things. I was gonna have enough alloys and cash to get my sniper and assault guy laser snipers/shotguns too :'(

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #31783 on: January 18, 2014, 06:40:10 pm »

Doing my taxes should not require a 20 minute hike to the workplace, and yet here we are, because some dumbfuck in HR decided that we can't be trusted with access to our own electronic tax records off-campus. Apparently, my union dues payments are information so sensitive that it can only be revealed within the bounds of a completely arbitrary geographical location with no walls or other impediments to entry whatsoever. MEIN GOTT IN HIMMEL, SOMEBODY COULD DEDUCE MY TOTAL SALARY. A PIECE OF INFORMATION WHICH IS, MIGHT I ADD, ACTUALLY STILL AVAILABLE OFF-CAMPUS.

I can kind of understand, almost, how restricting W2 access this way could accomplish something, given the rash of employees who don't understand what a phishing email is. Although I still think that policy is skull-fuckingly stupid. But the union dues information is on a dedicated page that displays only that information. There's no reason! Just think of all the people who don't live one block over who'll find themselves in this situation over the next couple of months.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31784 on: January 18, 2014, 07:46:54 pm »

-snip-
She wouldn't last two days in a lab. Especially around Hydrofluoric acid
Dimethyl mercury. You know you want to.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 2117 2118 [2119] 2120 2121 ... 3345