Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2105 2106 [2107] 2108 2109 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695464 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FICO ME? I FICO YOU!!! Edition
« Reply #31590 on: January 14, 2014, 10:16:25 pm »

When you combine evangelicalism with business, I think it confuses your motivations because they go hand-in-hand to the point your motivations become indistinguishable. It's even further confused when the message becomes "God wants you to be wealthy. Wealth is an expression of God's favor." Thinking like that swiftly becomes self-serving and ultimately indefensible.
Ah yes, prosperity gospel. Truly fucked up thinking. I've seen a few like that who were also dominionists/christian reconstructionists, they're the really scary "these people would probably put everyone not like them in camps if they could get away with it" type.

Speaking of rage and prosperity gospel, Preachers of LA. (I don't advise clicking that Wilfor, the amount of camel needle-threading is maximized.)

I.......what? It's like The 700 Club meets MTV Cribs.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31591 on: January 14, 2014, 10:23:06 pm »

Okay, so I played through Super Metroid in an hour yesterday and now I'm watching the Game Grumps series.

Do you know how difficult it is to watch someone do something you know how to do very well... not well? Like, nearly skipping an item that triples your basic weapon's power, things like that?

Oy.

EDIT: I would not be so angry if I weren't sequence breaking the game at 8, beating it at 11 and breaking it at 12. If Egoraptor were playing... FTL, I wouldn't be as angry. And he was. And he sucked. But that game's hard.

Also he just said "found out where to go" after beating Draygon and immediately started heading towards Kraid ._.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 10:27:46 pm by Putnam »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31592 on: January 14, 2014, 10:47:57 pm »

You guys could go into the tundra instead of the desert for your religious experiences and conversion to prophet-hood. Don't think anyone has done THAT...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31593 on: January 14, 2014, 10:51:46 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We've all been there, Putnam.

"What are you doing?! SHOOT THE FLASHING PART!"

You want to pass on your knowledge (and show off a bit), but they get angry when you try to help. I guess, sometimes, they gotta learn the hard way.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #31594 on: January 14, 2014, 11:11:09 pm »

I would have assumed it's that long series of wall jumps in Brinstar. Used to loathe doing that room with my brother around, because he was better at the wall jumps than me.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31595 on: January 14, 2014, 11:15:53 pm »

Okay, so I played through Super Metroid in an hour yesterday and now I'm watching the Game Grumps series.

Do you know how difficult it is to watch someone do something you know how to do very well... not well? Like, nearly skipping an item that triples your basic weapon's power, things like that?

Oy.

EDIT: I would not be so angry if I weren't sequence breaking the game at 8, beating it at 11 and breaking it at 12. If Egoraptor were playing... FTL, I wouldn't be as angry. And he was. And he sucked. But that game's hard.

Also he just said "found out where to go" after beating Draygon and immediately started heading towards Kraid ._.

Yes. I know that feeling.

Not with super-metroid, (which is awesome btw)-- but with zelda: link to the past.

I can speedrun that shit on a real snes with 100% completion in 1 life, in a little over 2hrs.

For example, if you do the temples out of order, you can LITERALLY 1-hit kill one of the bosses.

(You are forced to start dark temple 1 to get the hammer, but you don't have to complete it. Just get the hammer, magic mirror out, then go do temples 5 and 6, stopping at temple 3 along the way to get the hookshot.  This allows you to skip most of the boss fights, and skip straight to getting the superbomb, and thus getting the fairy's yellow sword and the silver arrows basically right away. With those, you can pwn the shit out of the other bosses before taking on gannon's tower.)

I no longer own a hardware snes though... but maybe I could use an emulator, and frapps to make a speedrun video?

Seriousy, the boss of dark castle 1 dies in 3 bombs and 1 silver arrow. It is really pathetic. :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 11:29:58 pm by wierd »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #31596 on: January 14, 2014, 11:26:26 pm »

Well, another failed attempt to fix my USB ports without reinstalling Windows has resulted in, once again, breaking Windows so hard I need to reinstall it. This should not be this difficult.
So that didn't work. Fortunately, I figured out a solution that solved all my problems 10 minutes after irrevocably overwriting my previous installation and thereby forcing me to reinstall absolutely everything again. Could've fixed this weeks ago without all the bullshit but it didn't occur to me to unplug the ports I knew were causing problems so that I could use the others, nope. And now my case has this weird rattlebuzz sound from the fan making something vibrate against the exterior. I need to go find my screwdriver.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31597 on: January 15, 2014, 01:41:38 am »

This probably sums up my rage:

Quote from: The rage
01:30   Iceblaster   Hey guys, realize I'm late, got caught up in stuffs
01:31   Convalescence   Hey, Iceblaster
01:31   Iceblaster   ....
01:31   Iceblaster   GODFUCKINGDAMNIT
01:31   Convalescence   ?
01:31   Iceblaster   GREAT
01:31   Iceblaster   GLASSES DECIDED TODAY WOLD BE A GOOD FUCKING DAY TO GET A LEG SNAPPED BECAUSE GAH
01:32   Iceblaster   HAD THESE FOR THREE YEARS AND NOW THEY'RE BROKEN
01:32   Iceblaster   FUCKING HELL
01:32   Telgin    Hey Ice... woah, what?
01:33   Iceblaster   Took my glasses off to get some of the standard smudges that appear over time off and then a leg snapped off because why the fuck not
01:33   Iceblaster   Fuck
01:33   Iceblaster   Sorry about that
01:34   Iceblaster   Kinda uh Raaaage and al
01:34   Iceblaster   And of course it snaps completely off
01:34   Iceblaster   Not just close to the top
01:35   Iceblaster   Or all the way

Apologies for all the swearing, but godfuckingdamnit. I'm fucking nearly blind without them and even though I can still wear them, now I have to explain to my mom and she's probably going to freak out and then I'm left for a week with a taped up pair of glasses while she sorts out getting a new one.

Only good thing? I can still wear them to the point of where I'm not fucking blind.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31598 on: January 15, 2014, 03:43:56 am »

It is too damn hot!
Heatwave projected to keep going until friday, until then it is mid 40's. You know that point when it is too hot to eat icecream because it is actually too hot? We are actually at that point.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31600 on: January 15, 2014, 03:50:49 am »

We have an Aus politics thread... Although it is mostly me ranting about how we mistreat refugees, but sometimes Jimmy-sama shows up to complain about the Queensland government.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31601 on: January 15, 2014, 03:55:14 am »

Oh, yeah. I tend to forget about that. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #31602 on: January 15, 2014, 08:18:16 am »

We have an Aus politics thread... Although it is mostly me ranting about how we mistreat refugees, but sometimes Jimmy-sama shows up to complain about the Queensland government.
Then I come around and say "WTF is wrong with this country and how it dose it shit, ect"

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31603 on: January 15, 2014, 11:09:47 am »

It is too damn hot!
Heatwave projected to keep going until friday, until then it is mid 40's. You know that point when it is too hot to eat icecream because it is actually too hot? We are actually at that point.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31604 on: January 15, 2014, 11:38:14 am »

Continuing showing how much a worthless bastard my stepdad is. Apparently, the fuel tank for our boiler broke, dumping the entire tank into the ground. This the second fuel tank that has done this, although the first time my stepdad dropped the tank when he was moving it. It might also have been someone siphoning the fuel off when nobody was home, but I didn't stick around this morning long enough to find out, and that would be unlikely*.

Anyway, while rageworthy enough as that is, one of the first things he says about is how much he wished he knew Elvis(presumably Presley, as he is a major Elvis fan), because Elvis had contacts to aquire large amounts of valium and cocaine in liquid form, and even praised Elvis for having had a giant Q-tip to dip into a bucket of cocaine to snort up his nose. He then took two valium pills and went to bed. That was one of the most absolutely fucking disgusting things I've ever seen. Seriously, something goes wrong and the first thing you do is turn to drugs and praise a famous drug addict(who died from that as well) right in front of your family?

Oh, and it gets even better. Less than an hour before that, he was talking crap about a woman who's son(and probably herself as well) is a heroin addict.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 2105 2106 [2107] 2108 2109 ... 3345