Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2040 2041 [2042] 2043 2044 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690693 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Road Rules Edition
« Reply #30615 on: December 19, 2013, 07:56:25 pm »

I suspect that I've been bilked out of a few hundred bucks, but whatever. Obviously, bills expand to fit the resources available, and I didn't have any options but this shady repair shop if I wanted to get my car fixed up in time for all the driving I have to do this weekend. I don't question the quality of the repairs, so much as their necessity. If shit starts falling apart, though, I will be well and truly pissed.

At least it's a relatively small amount, on the scale of surprise car repair.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #30616 on: December 19, 2013, 08:09:28 pm »

Telemarketers, especially those that prey on the elderly and the fearful, can go die in a goddamn fire.

Why is it is seems like only the scummiest of bullshit is regulated to cold and automated calls these days, anyway? Is it just that I didn't deal with it enough when I was younger, and don't remember how scuzzy it was then, as well?

Then this will really piss you off: http://kdvr.com/2013/12/19/data-miners-selling-lists-of-rape-victims-aids-patients-police-home-addresses/
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #30617 on: December 19, 2013, 08:27:27 pm »

Yeaahh... s'one of those things you look at and wonder: Why the blue hell is this not illegal*?

Also maybe when exactly the marketing side of things went straight to hell... or if it started there, I guess.

*Of course, some of it is and it's just not enforced worth a damn. It's a bloody wonderful feeling when you call the cops about harassing telemarketers and all they say is "Yeah, it's illegal, but we can't stop it."

Yet another tally mark in the "Why the hell are we paying these people" column :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30618 on: December 19, 2013, 08:38:40 pm »

Yeah, but rape victims want personalised ads! ::)
Indeed. That way Amazon can recommend to them "Avoiding Rape: Why Yours Was All Your Fault".
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30619 on: December 19, 2013, 08:41:24 pm »

Nooooooooo!

My two Elite Liberal Civilian Rock Stars, at 26 and 27 Heart, were gunned down by marauding Death Squads. Through their Spec-Ops Stealth Armor.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #30620 on: December 19, 2013, 09:22:36 pm »

Telemarketers, especially those that prey on the elderly and the fearful, can go die in a goddamn fire.

Why is it is seems like only the scummiest of bullshit is regulated to cold and automated calls these days, anyway? Is it just that I didn't deal with it enough when I was younger, and don't remember how scuzzy it was then, as well?

Then this will really piss you off: http://kdvr.com/2013/12/19/data-miners-selling-lists-of-rape-victims-aids-patients-police-home-addresses/
OH WHAT THE FUCK YOU FUCKING FUCKMONKEYS. I WILL RIP OUT YOUR SPINE AND SKULLFUCK YOU WITH IT.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30621 on: December 19, 2013, 11:17:24 pm »

OH WHAT THE FUCK YOU FUCKING FUCKMONKEYS. I WILL RIP OUT YOUR SPINE AND SKULLFUCK YOU WITH IT.
If it weren't for the context, this would sound excessive.
As is, though, it sounds lenient.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #30622 on: December 19, 2013, 11:49:12 pm »

Nooooooooo!

My two Elite Liberal Civilian Rock Stars, at 26 and 27 Heart, were gunned down by marauding Death Squads. Through their Spec-Ops Stealth Armor.
You require better dodging. Or possibly just more speed, dunno the particular circumstances you had.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #30623 on: December 19, 2013, 11:57:08 pm »

Kill la Kill, y u no update yet

yes i know there are technical difficulties, i just wish it weren't so
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30624 on: December 20, 2013, 05:12:44 am »

So I ordered a keyboard a couple weeks ago because the one I've been using was on the fritz, exposed wires, turning on and off randomly, that kind of thing. Not only does it get held up in delivery, but it gets delivered to the wrong city. So I contact the seller via Amazon and ask them what was up and they went "oh we must've gotten the zip code wrong we'll send you another one with expedited shipping free of charge."
At that point I wasn't too pissed off because they did something nice, but then after recieving it and having it for less than 24 hours, it stopped working entirely. I've tried every fix I could think of, and nothing helped, so it can't be a computer issue. Now I'm really pissed off because they gave me a defective product, knowingly or not, and aren't responding to my email. On top of that, when I started using my old keyboard again, I accidentally snapped one of the exposed wires, and now my old keyboard no longer works either. That means I have three keyboards that don't work, and my computer is pretty much useless without one.

t. fortsorter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Most Sophisticated Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #30625 on: December 20, 2013, 05:23:54 am »

Why, just take a soldering iron to the wires~
I've used the same keyboard for five years now and the wires have been through so much abuse I even had to replace bits of them, but I haven't had to buy a new one! Quality is a joke when it comes to them, really~
Even if you don't want to solder your old keyboard, soldering is a very valuable skill when dealing with home electronics! I've also got a great set of headphones from the mid-seventies that I fixed up in such a manner~

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30626 on: December 20, 2013, 05:40:21 am »

Why, just take a soldering iron to the wires~
I've used the same keyboard for five years now and the wires have been through so much abuse I even had to replace bits of them, but I haven't had to buy a new one! Quality is a joke when it comes to them, really~
Even if you don't want to solder your old keyboard, soldering is a very valuable skill when dealing with home electronics! I've also got a great set of headphones from the mid-seventies that I fixed up in such a manner~
That would be great except I don't own a soldering iron...

t. fortsorter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Most Sophisticated Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #30627 on: December 20, 2013, 06:16:51 am »

Oh, is that so...
I remember the pain of the times I lived without a soldering iron very well, I cannot say I enjoy you experiencing the same~
Please acquire a soldering iron within a reasonable timeframe!
That taken care of, you seem to be handling typing fairly well in spite of three broken keyboards. Which is great! So let's stick to the parts that are good instead of focusing on the worse ones~

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30628 on: December 20, 2013, 09:07:20 am »

Dammit, Fortsorter!

Every time there's a tilde at the end of the sentence, my brain reads it as if it was read by a creepy Hawaiian girl.
Ftfy.

Them damn dolls, man.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #30629 on: December 20, 2013, 09:31:55 am »

What's wrong with tildes as puncuation~? :D~

(I mean, it's perfectly fine for Korean~)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 2040 2041 [2042] 2043 2044 ... 3345