Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691325 times)

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #300 on: October 16, 2010, 02:13:49 pm »

My mother.  She makes me rage.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 16, 2010, 04:13:37 pm »

No one around me seems capable of solving their own problems, and I seem to be just the regular old fucking drama landfill. I'm tired of the shit, and so I started telling people I wouldn't listen to or help with their issues, to their face. No one fucking listened, and so now I'm having to actively be a jackass to dissuade them from speaking.

My mother is an idiot. She is constantly bitching at me to get out and do things. At the same time, I am not allowed to do anything in the real world. Movie theaters are too dangerous, bowling alleys are too trashy, etc. etc. When I find an activity that will work for her, it never meets scheduling issues. Movie at 9:30 with friends? Fuck no, my mom wants me to do chores for her then. Never mind that I have three fucking older brothers that can do some of her pointless shit. I can't even just walk out on my own because hey guess who lives some thirty fucking miles from anything? 
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 16, 2010, 04:50:45 pm »

I was playing Hitman, used up ten minutes to Finish the level, hid all the corpses and gave the fat Russian bastard the suitcase full of money and tracking devices. He leaves, and I go outside to see him off when OH SHIT A GUARD DOG THAT I DID NOT ALREADY MURDER so I take off away from it and blam mission failure. IVAN WAS ALREADY HALFWAY GONE YOU STUPID DOG :(:(:(

We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 16, 2010, 05:37:46 pm »

Took the PSAT today.
So fucking easy I could've done it years ago.
Once again, I am disappointed.
I was hoping for a nice challenge.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 16, 2010, 06:54:26 pm »

My XP system32 files have become corrupt, making my computer unbootable. To make matters worse, I can't find my XP disc. RAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGEEEEEEE.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 16, 2010, 07:32:02 pm »

Alternatively titled: When God shits in your Cheerios.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 17, 2010, 02:29:39 pm »

Took the PSAT today.
So fucking easy I could've done it years ago.
Once again, I am disappointed.
I was hoping for a nice challenge.
Took it yesterday too.  Man, such a joke.
Ah well, I'll qualify for National Merit Scholar hopefully.  I took it last year, and got a qualifying score, but they only give it to juniors.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 18, 2010, 08:22:11 am »

There is a television in the social area.
It is always showing the fucking music channels, blaring on full fucking volume.

I give myself until the end of the week until I begin decapitating and eating people.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 18, 2010, 09:08:48 am »

Windows Updates auto-reboot. I was happily playing X-Com (original) on my laptop in my Discrete Math class, when all of a sudden, the game stops, the other stuff I had up closes, and the computer shuts itself off. I was right in the middle of what looked to be a very successful terror mission in which I hadn't taken a single casualty. >:(

There is absolutely no reason why it has to auto-reboot my computer unless I see an MSNBC headline stating "MYSTERIOUS VIRUS RAVAGES COMPUTER NETWORKS WORLDWIDE!"
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 09:14:00 am by alway »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 18, 2010, 12:51:35 pm »

Really? It's supposed to show you a warning that it needs to reboot, which I usually tell it what to do with itself for 4 hours. And then use Task Manager to kill its process.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 18, 2010, 01:40:45 pm »

I set it to download, but not install (and want to reboot) until I say so.
More pop-ups in the lower-right corner, but no random restarts. :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 18, 2010, 02:57:26 pm »

I just called two ads in the newspaper, both were filled(not what is raeging me, they were a week old). I forgot two get the names of addresses of them(they weren't specified. So I call the first one back, and here's a rough transcript of the call:
Code: [Select]
Me: Uh, hi, I just called about the job. Could get the name of your company and adress?
Receptionist: Why?
Me: Because I need to write them down.
Receptionist: And why do you need to do that?
Me: For something for the Dept. of Labor.
Receptionist: Hold on, let me see if it's okay for me to do that...
*puts me on hold for about a minute*
Receptionist: No, I can't do that. *click*
Bitch.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 18, 2010, 03:10:02 pm »

The day started off nicely enough, got up around 10, had some cereal been on the PC for a while, then had something to eat around 12, shaved and went to school.First two classes were boring enough, i get kicked out of the third because i forgot a book, and for some reason each book is limited to one pair of eyes only so i can't borrow anyone else's to read one fucking sentence, and the worst part of it is that half the class didn't have one and after the bitch midget kicked me and my friend out she tells the rest of the class that if someone doesn't bring a book they should apologise at the start of the lesson and it will be ok.Then we get our math tests we had done last Thursday and most of the class got 1's (F's for you westerners), this ofcourse means that it will have to be repeated, and you know since we did it so badly why not have it tommorrow so we have tons of time to study.I get in an argument with my parents after i get home (about me getting kicked out) and my dad really goes on to support me with a rant about his work and how it's my job to go to school, also my obligatory failure to get into a university which will in turn ruin my entire life gets thrown into the mix putting the sweet cherry on the shit that is this day.

God i hate mondays
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Ephemeriis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 19, 2010, 11:34:04 am »

An update:

We were supposed to upgrade to v17 on Monday (yesterday).  This is in preparation for the big ol' point-of-care thing on November 1st.

On Saturday we find out that the backup has not been operating correctly since we put in the new tape library.  An entire partition has been skipped.  Repeatedly.  There is no solid backup.  That has just become priority #1.

The upgrade to v17 is delayed until we can get solid backups.

My supervisor calls in sick for two days straight - yesterday and today - which leaves me with even more work to do.

Our director of nursing also calls in sick this week, which means my other IT worker is now conducting the training that our director of nursing was supposed to be doing.  Which leaves me with even more work to do.

And then the head of our healtchenters informs me that the logging they need for the state-mandated reporting hasn't been working right for the last six months or so.  Which, technically, is also priority #1.
Work is the curse of the drinking class.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 19, 2010, 01:47:13 pm »

Conflicting main priorites and sick people.
that is definatly a problem.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 3345