Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1908 1909 [1910] 1911 1912 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689858 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Song of Sigs Edition
« Reply #28635 on: October 20, 2013, 02:59:06 pm »

... I've actually done that in the past. The broom, that is.

Brooms get the point across. Especially if you jab with 'em. Those bristles are prickly and painful.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28637 on: October 20, 2013, 07:51:46 pm »

Copyright laws, y u so abusable?
Youtube cares more about companies than people?

Youtube cares more about being sued then pissing people off is more accurate.

Youtube knows it is pretty much in a precarious position given that SEVERAL laws have almost been passed that could have killed it at anytime and is trying to "play nice" so to speak.

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #28638 on: October 20, 2013, 07:56:12 pm »

It's not being abused. At least, according to a very biased webpage, copyright was designed as a form of censorship.
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28639 on: October 20, 2013, 08:21:20 pm »

It's not being abused. At least, according to a very biased webpage, copyright was designed as a form of censorship.

But that is just mincing words. There is such a thing as "Abusing censorship"

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28640 on: October 20, 2013, 09:25:30 pm »

I just finished the paper due tomorrow I've been working on for the entire day.

Then, instead of copying it over to my flash drive, I hit the wrong button and permanently deleted the only copy.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #28641 on: October 20, 2013, 09:28:12 pm »

Ouch.

Don't suppose you've got a deletion restorer whatsit available?

... also, uh. How? Is... is the button for permo-delete and copy on your keyboard close together for some ungodly reason?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28642 on: October 20, 2013, 09:51:21 pm »

I was switching between formats, and I sort of deleted the original copy before making the new one :P.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #28643 on: October 20, 2013, 10:08:08 pm »

So I finally got this bit of code working. I've spent several hours trying to get it to work and finally do.
Then I decided to compress it a bit by removing a variable that was now going unused.
Now it doesn't work again. I'm going to hit something if it works when I re-add this variable.
EDIT: I just realized while going to re-add that variable that I didn't actually change something which caused it to stop working. Now I'm angry at my inattentiveness.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 10:10:00 pm by Jack_Bread »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28644 on: October 21, 2013, 12:32:54 pm »

So today is  the 21st, classes have been going on for some three weeks now. Now we all as students get these food cards that you swipe at the local caffeteria and the goverment pays for most of your meals, it's the one thing that makes living here not incredibly expensive (since by far, food is the most expensive thing after rent).

The rage part?

Well if you don't sign up for another year or are otherwise finished with uni you get fifteen days of grace time before your food card expires, that isn't a problem for people who are continuing their education since they are usually within the system by that time and their card is refreshed by then to give them more food money.
And I'm not in the system yet, I turned in my papers and paid the fee about a month ago, but the people working the data into the system are lazy fucks and haven't done their job by now.

So I'm raging because of someone who's getting paid to sit on their ass and drink coffe for half the day, and because of that person I now have to pay out the kazooie for my food for the forseeable future.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #28645 on: October 21, 2013, 12:34:59 pm »

Ugh. Some fucker was too impatient to wait the few seconds it would take for the car in front to turn, so cut up onto the curve, right through a puddle, scaring me shitless and soaking me simultaneously.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #28646 on: October 21, 2013, 01:27:03 pm »

Any chance of saving your food receipts and demanding retroactive payment once you actually are in the system?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28647 on: October 21, 2013, 01:38:39 pm »

Any chance of saving your food receipts and demanding retroactive payment once you actually are in the system?

Heh.

Minor exposition: I am a semi-recent grad who relied heavily on financial aidindentured servitude. Miss Sallie sat on my financial aid money for several months (Approved aid, mind you. It was mine, they just didn't let me use it), during which I had to somehow buy books and food by myself.

If a college and/or aid provider wants to screw you, it will.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28648 on: October 21, 2013, 02:19:27 pm »

fuckmuffins my joints are aching in the most peculiar way

as in i'm slapping my fully extended fingers against the keys via clever use of the wrist and i'm probably going to have to pop some painkillers to last the night regarding my knees if it gets worse

i'm sure webmd would call it cancer, or at least lupus, i'll see a doc if it doesn't stop overnight but this wouldn't the first time it would go away on its own were it so

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28649 on: October 21, 2013, 02:38:07 pm »

I was switching between formats, and I sort of deleted the original copy before making the new one :P.

First, did you try to undo the delete? A copy of the file was probably stored in your buffer.
Second, are you sure you straight up removed it? If this was windows, deleting a file just moves it to the "deleted file" directory. Hopefully you've checked there already?
Third, more than once I've use a file restoration program to restore deleted files. Probably quicker than rewriting the paper. It requires you to remember an identifying string from the document though, and to get lucky that nothing else has overwritten it yet - avoid excess browsing the web, don't download programs, do it through a flash drive to avoid creating anything that might overwrite the now freed up segment of memory.

It's actually incredibly hard to truly delete things on a computer without doing so intentionally and knowing what you're doing - the truth is, you just deleted an icon, a link, and the easiest way to access it. Most likely it's still sitting where it was before, undamaged and whole, and retrievable.
Pages: 1 ... 1908 1909 [1910] 1911 1912 ... 3345