Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1830 1831 [1832] 1833 1834 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692072 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: "And now say I RAEG" Edition
« Reply #27465 on: September 16, 2013, 09:13:32 am »

More like last-gen, really

There was at least one whole PC generation and a good 5 phone generations between the 360 and now

mother of god did you actually count the phone generations.
... iPhone 1 came out after the 360.

We're at iPhone 5. Or something.

MATHS! EXCEPT MORE LIKE... NOTICING NUMBERS.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: "And now say I RAEG" Edition
« Reply #27466 on: September 16, 2013, 09:29:38 am »

Aye, the adamantium generation, still have a number of those aroudn the house, most of them work just fine, it's the damn batteries that are dated and don't las for long though :C
Actually, adamantium isn't that strong. I think they use a more rare and strong mineral, named Nokianite.
Which itself is a shoddy imitation of Nintendium. Sadly, the world's supply of that wonderful material is all but used up.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27467 on: September 16, 2013, 09:33:20 am »

Sadly, we have no way to recycle Nintendium and will have to sit there uselessly till the heat death of the universe.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27468 on: September 16, 2013, 10:35:34 am »

THEY CANCELLED MY FUCKING APPOINTMENT. ARGH.

Not even the fucking place that HANDLES the appointment, the place I have an appointment WITH - no, they are super awesome, they could get me in tomorrow, no problems. But instead, my fucking doctors office SCHEDULES a FUCKING APPOINTMENT 5 goddamn months out, leaving me to fucking suffer when there were open slots CONSTANTLY available in the meantime I could be going to and REFUSES to allow me to go earlier, but my appointment finally arrives after so many months of waiting...

AND I FIND OUT THEY CALLED THE HOSPITAL AND FUCKING CANCELLED IT?

Oh yeah, they made a new one almost two months further out, but WHY THE FUCK. WHY. THE. FUCK.

These fucking people. I have never, in my life, met a worse group of medical professionals, and I've met a lot of fuck ups. Their stupidity, incompetence, and sheer assholery knows no fucking bounds. I know exactly why they did it too - because they fucked up the goddamn referral the first three times they did it, and after spending ten hours on the phone walking them through a process a doctors office should have a basic fucking handle on they screwed it up again and just lied to me about it. And when they realized it, they quietly cancelled and rescheduled. HOLY FUCKING HELL. They screwed up, cancelled, and rescheduled and managed to screw it up AGAIN.

I am literally fucking quivering with rage right now. If I hadn't mostly gotten better on my own I would be fucking DEAD right now. There were two weeks in there where I wished I was dead because it would have been an improvement. And instead I'm still getting jerked around by these fuckwads.

God damn it.

I just want to fucking break something.

This is why I fucking hate doctors!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27469 on: September 16, 2013, 10:59:37 am »

you are going to the wrong doctor

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27470 on: September 16, 2013, 11:02:08 am »

Ohh but he likes his doctor... he hates the non-doctors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27471 on: September 16, 2013, 11:07:12 am »

Ohh but he likes his doctor... he hates the non-doctors.

...no? I hate my doctor.

If I could switch doctors I would, but it's easier said than done. I made a huge bloody mistake going with the Blue Cross HMO instead of the PPO, I know that much at this point.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27472 on: September 16, 2013, 11:07:59 am »

Nevermind, opps. I mistaken that because of the "I like" part.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27473 on: September 16, 2013, 11:12:53 am »

I like the hospital I'm trying to get the referral to.

They are not the problem. It's my PCP I hate.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27474 on: September 16, 2013, 11:22:51 am »

Yeah I've been rather silly. I thought you were referring to a referral within the same hospital.

Could be worse, you could have been to the Scrubs hospital... or House's Hospital... Or honestly just about any hospital show's hospital.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27475 on: September 16, 2013, 12:49:52 pm »

Yea im under the PPO plan, its so fucking much better. Worth more dollars to throw at.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27476 on: September 16, 2013, 12:53:02 pm »

Another mass shooting in the states...  :'(
This is a blank sig.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27477 on: September 16, 2013, 02:36:48 pm »

Another mass shooting in the states...  :'(

Quote from: Washington Post - http://wapo.st/181m1Tp
Our love affair with violent entertainment remains unshakable. Bloody movies still top the charts every weekend. Violent video games generate billions in sales annually. And gun sales have soared. Background checks for gun sales numbered almost 20 million last year, about 20 percent more than the year before.

But people have always had guns in America, and kids have always played violent games — if not “Call of Duty,” then cops and robbers.

That’s not what the problem is. What is changing in this country is our acceptance of the way America is changing. Our middle class is disappearing, our income gap is back to robber-baron days and none of the people responsible for the global economic crisis went to prison or jail. How is it possible that we’ve all become so used to mass shootings? It’s the same thing that lets us drive past the panhandlers at intersections and the same emotional armor that gets us past the wounded veterans with prosthetics on the Metro.

Mass shootings are becoming as American as apple pie and baseball. And that’s almost as appalling as the mounting casualties.

I am pissed off at human indifference... but I'm afraid it might also be a consequence of new communications technology making us citizens of a larger world which we have a better view of than ever, but we humans retaining as small and local a level of concern as ever. Unless the shootings are in your home town, or affected someone you care about, you're liable to find them tragic but ignorable. They're someone else's problem; we've got enough to worry about as it is. But are we worrying about the right things if we can just ignore these events?

Maybe Fermi was right.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 02:38:30 pm by Solifuge »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27478 on: September 16, 2013, 02:41:59 pm »

I don't know...

Could it be that people feel almost completely disenfranchised from their own communities, government, and society in general... BECAUSE they ARE and it is actually built to instill this?

So let me jump ahead... To Bob who wants to do something about gun violence.

He goes to the police and they tell him to go home. He goes to the government and they tell him to go home. He goes to the community and they tell him to go home.

Well that is it for Bob.

I'd feel indifferent if I were Bob and knew terrible things were going on around me and knew that no matter what I did I wouldn't affect anything because I am not some sort of superman they write of in the History books.

But certainly the school system must have filled him with civic pride right? Well the school crushed the sense of community with its fund raising and crushed his sense of charity by is FORCED ENFORCED charity.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 02:45:46 pm by Neonivek »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27479 on: September 16, 2013, 02:42:39 pm »

eh, fuck that noise

how expensive do you think it would be to get an orbit-faring rocket made by north korea or someone else who gives no shits but just wants cold hard cash

i'm sure i'm not the only one done with this planet, we could crowdfund this shit
Pages: 1 ... 1830 1831 [1832] 1833 1834 ... 3345