Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690829 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #270 on: September 17, 2010, 01:38:14 am »

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 05, 2010, 09:10:28 pm »

Raging about a five game loss streak in LoL.  Say what you want, this game was my first real refuge after I saw Ragnarok Online for the stupid it had become and I'm so sick of trying to find an enjoyable online game I can play with my friends :/

Euld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 10, 2010, 02:39:09 pm »

Big brother set the shower to full blast, turned on all the lights in the bathroom, and preceeded to go eat chips in the kitchen.  When I asked him 'uh, is someone in the shower?' he simply went to the bathroom and turned it all off.  No explanation, no nothing.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 10, 2010, 04:45:47 pm »

My brother loves to lie like a beached whale, or a dying alcoholic, one of those, under the shower as hot as he can get it, for up to an hour.

Used to drive me ****ing insane in the mornings when we were both going to school. You basically had to get up an hour earlier just to beat "the sponge" to the hot water.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 11, 2010, 05:05:21 pm »

According to the arcane rules of the US Department of Labor(or at least, the State of New York), I must spend 40 hours a week looking for work, and documenting it, with each contact(I've just been filling out applications online and writing down address and phone #) counting for 2 hours, and do this for three weeks, in order maintain temporary benefits which amount to about $350 a month and almost all of which I never see(mother and stepdad so far don't know that I know I've got the benefits, and I've let them keep thinking that for now) that'll expire in a couple months anyway.

Now, I don't neccessarily object, especially if I actually find something. So far, many of the jobs I've looked at have either difficult requirements(including one place that wanted a four-year degree for a cashier/stock job. Didn't say what they wanted a degree in, though...), or make jump through so many hoops just to see an application, if you even get that far. And even if you get that damn application in, nobody is going to look twice at it. Heck, one place where I know someone who works there, I put in the application, and less than 24 hours later(and I put it in on a weekend) I get an email with a copy/pasta message saying they're "considering someone else". Despite how many listings I see, it's amazing how much these people put others through to not hire them.

America's job market, I r raeg.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 11, 2010, 05:15:03 pm »

According to the arcane rules of the US Department of Labor(or at least, the State of New York), I must spend 40 hours a week looking for work, and documenting it, with each contact(I've just been filling out applications online and writing down address and phone #) counting for 2 hours, and do this for three weeks, in order maintain temporary benefits which amount to about $350 a month and almost all of which I never see(mother and stepdad so far don't know that I know I've got the benefits, and I've let them keep thinking that for now) that'll expire in a couple months anyway.

Now, I don't neccessarily object, especially if I actually find something. So far, many of the jobs I've looked at have either difficult requirements(including one place that wanted a four-year degree for a cashier/stock job. Didn't say what they wanted a degree in, though...), or make jump through so many hoops just to see an application, if you even get that far. And even if you get that damn application in, nobody is going to look twice at it. Heck, one place where I know someone who works there, I put in the application, and less than 24 hours later(and I put it in on a weekend) I get an email with a copy/pasta message saying they're "considering someone else". Despite how many listings I see, it's amazing how much these people put others through to not hire them.

America's job market, I r raeg.

Get a job in finance. Win big money no matter how you do!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 12, 2010, 01:02:10 am »

Get a job in finance. Win big money no matter how you do!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 13, 2010, 11:21:16 am »

To continue my previous raeg: SnagAJob.com. Seriously, I think they're a fucking datamining scam. You have to give them your information, fill out an application which they decide immediately based on apparently arbritrary specifications whether or not to even give the application to whomever you were applying for in the first place. Specifications, I might add, seem to have nothing to do with the application in question, since what I put down looked pretty good overall, including my ENTHUSIASTIC willingness to work weekends, nights, overtime, and holidays.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Ephemeriis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 13, 2010, 11:46:24 am »

My current, on-going bit of rage...

I work at a small hospital.  We're basically chronically understaffed and overworked.  That's OK though, it keeps things interesting and it really is an awesome job.  Normally.

We're in the process of rolling out a big new hospital information system.  Electronic health records for everyone!  Means we need to set up a pile of Toughbooks for the providers...  And those machines need wireless access...  And those access points need to be wired...  And that all needs to happen before we bring the servers up and get the software up and running.

So we've got a good pile of work to do.  A bunch of laptops to roll out, a bunch of access points to install, a bunch of cable to run, switches to install, tons of wiring to patch down...  Lots of stuff to do.  And we should have had plenty of time to do it, too.

But then we got struck by lightning.  Literally.  Our phone system, a server, and a telemedicine unit all died.  So now we've got to scramble to get those fixed.

And then another server just up and dies for no good reason.

And then upper management announces that we're absorbing one of the health centers in the area, and we have to take over all their IT support.

And then stuff that we've ordered stops showing up.  Critical bits of hardware are back-ordered for weeks.

And the folks in maintenance who were supposed to be doing most of the grunt work involved in getting these cables run are just not helping out.

And, of course, we've still got random bits and pieces breaking here and there that need to be fixed.  A VPN falls over here...  Some doctor needs a lab test set up over there...  A virus pops up on a workstation...  An update comes out for something...

So I've been working 9+ hour days, 6+ days a week, for the last month and a half or so.

We were supposed to go to an Octoberfest thing a couple weeks ago...  Couldn't.

Couldn't take Columbus Day off either.

I'm getting seriously worn down...  I wake up exhausted, and come home barely conscious.  I've got hardly any time with my family these days.  It absolutely sucks.

And how do I get to spend the little bit of time I get with my family?  Listening to my wife bitch and moan about how much I'm working.
Work is the curse of the drinking class.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 13, 2010, 12:07:03 pm »

What's scary is all that RAEG seems fairly well controlled in your post. You're a time bomb, man. Seriously though, the wife thing is just the straw that breaks the camels back after all that shiz.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 13, 2010, 07:04:12 pm »

Continuing on: I had an interview today with a company called Vector. Not our Vector, of course, but the sole distributor for Cutco's products, Vector Marketing. Got accepted into their sales rep training program, and if I made it through that, I'd have earned roughly $132 a week minimum, likely more, for selling knives and such. Had to bail at the last minute because my mother decided the training schedule conflicted with her work schedule, and there was no way for her to lend me the ~$151 security deposit(or just the discounted cost, even) for a demonstration set. More than that, was her attitude throughout, first her trying to get me to leave before finding out whether or not I was in, after that, trying to get me to leave before telling the manager I couldn't do it(I do have some measure of decency and professionalism, you know), and then her condesending attitude of "don't get upset because you were turned down". And then goes on to talk about how a roadkilled possum got stuck to one of her tires. Seriously, how many people in this world lack that part of the brain that tells you when now is a good time to shut the fuck up?

Now, I'm also half a day behind with all that documented job searching I have to do, too. And the stress of doing it might actually be causing problems in my brain. Either yesterday or the day before(or both, even, but I can't remember) I actually felt like it was difficult to put thoughts together at times.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 13, 2010, 07:19:59 pm »

It may be a good thing that you didn't get involved with Vector.  I have heard nothing but complaints about Vector from people who have worked for them, things like people never getting paid or getting sent boxes of knives instead of actual money.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 13, 2010, 07:47:39 pm »

Cutco has been around forever. I had friends doing it back in highschool. It's largely a racket. Any company that makes you buy the stuff you're selling is using you as a revenue stream. I'd just stay away from it.

Although they do make some nice knives.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 14, 2010, 04:54:19 pm »

I made a thread today. A few hours ago, on somthing I thought was pretty cool. Nearly fifty views, and not a single reply.
My anger is infinite.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 15, 2010, 01:57:16 pm »

The entirety of the Other games sub-board in this place.

Every time. Every single time. That whole board would be a lot more pleasant if all the indie elitists were kicked out.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 3345