Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1784 1785 [1786] 1787 1788 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689571 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Porcelain Ethics Edition
« Reply #26775 on: August 17, 2013, 05:39:34 pm »

The toilet-cleaners of the world will kindly thank you to sit down when you have explosive diarrhea, however. Cleaning a shotgun blast of crap off of a wall is not pleasant, and it happens with disturbing frequency, speaking from personal experience. We all have things that we could be working on other than someone's inability to control their basic bodily functions.
What makes me rage is when people don't flush. I hate wiping down the seat as much as the next guy (sitsters unite), but what truly fucking grosses me out is having to see what the last person left. And I mean, seriously, how big of a fuck up do you have to be not to flush the toilet? That's the evolutionary equivalent of shitting in front of a lion den and walking away from it.
It's stuff like this that is why I don't like public restrooms. I've seen some shit, man. I don't want to see that.
I've cleaned all that shit to there and back. Fuck those people.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26776 on: August 17, 2013, 05:56:03 pm »

The toilet-cleaners of the world will kindly thank you to sit down when you have explosive diarrhea, however. Cleaning a shotgun blast of crap off of a wall is not pleasant, and it happens with disturbing frequency, speaking from personal experience. We all have things that we could be working on other than someone's inability to control their basic bodily functions.
What makes me rage is when people don't flush. I hate wiping down the seat as much as the next guy (sitsters unite), but what truly fucking grosses me out is having to see what the last person left. And I mean, seriously, how big of a fuck up do you have to be not to flush the toilet? That's the evolutionary equivalent of shitting in front of a lion den and walking away from it.
It's stuff like this that is why I don't like public restrooms. I've seen some shit, man. I don't want to see that.
You must hate going on road trips, then. Public restrooms are basically all you've got  :-\
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26777 on: August 17, 2013, 06:18:10 pm »

You must hate going on road trips, then. Public restrooms are basically all you've got  :-\
France is just across a short stretch of water from me. I have learned a few things from them.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #26778 on: August 17, 2013, 06:46:32 pm »

All I remember from my trip through France was that there were shit all over the walkways.

So... You learnt to shit on the walkways?
Love, scriver~

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Geostupidity Edition
« Reply #26779 on: August 17, 2013, 07:21:13 pm »

My ISP is implementing data caps, which means I get to spend a few hours today researching my alternatives and likely am going to wind up paying more to transfer to a different service, even if it also has data caps, solely as my only way of saying, "This is not okay, Mediacom."

EDIT: Yep, the only competition has a lower data cap.

Data caps are kind of why I was resistant to getting AT&T uVerse but then I realized I'm never going to use 250GB of bandwidth in a month, even with occasional bouts of piracy and online gaming. If you live in the United States and are willing to look past their faults in poor customer service then I recommend giving AT&T a shot. Otherwise I'm really sorry for what's going on. I kind of know what it's like to have severe data caps on my own internet service as when I first got online via NetZero dial-up I was limited to ten hours a month. My brother and I, the ingenious little bastards we were, found ways around it but we got in trouble with both the ISP and our mother because of said scam that we pulled. Still, I hope things get better for you internet-wise.

I don't even like using public restrooms because of that and because I've had urine-soaked paper towels thrown at me on some occasions while using public restrooms. I'll hold it when it's like that because I'm no one's maid and I'm pretty certain I'm a NEET, not a janitor. I spent enough time cleaning up the messes of incontinent individuals when I lived in a couple adult group homes for a good four of five years, and I'm not doing that again any time soon.

Also my general moment of annoyance and frustration is that Morrowind seems to have some kind of general flaw with how it handles factions and situations which require you kill a member of your own faction. The Fighters Guild of course has this problem and I've come to find out that the Imperial Legion has this problem as well, albeit much sooner.

The patches I have installed which are supposed to fix the problem with the Fighter's Guild do nothing to fix it and do absolutely nothing to fix the problem with the Imperial Legion quest which requires you to do the same thing. I'm going to restart my game so that I can perhaps go through House Redoran again and this time not bother with the Imperial Legion quests as they are about as broken as the Fighter's Guild quests and as lackluster as the Morag Tong quests.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26780 on: August 17, 2013, 10:39:45 pm »

Damnit, internet commercials. When you tell me "Bleu is passion", you get my hopes up for a Breath of Fire spinoff of epic ham.

But no. You're just some bullshit food commercial. Damn you to snake person hell. I wasn't a prospective customer anyway, but for this chain yank I never will be. *vile mutterings*
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26781 on: August 18, 2013, 12:45:27 am »

I don't know why I bother with forums anymore when I seem to get less frustrated with anonymous imageboards these days. Maybe I'm a masochist? My left arm seems to think so. Disregard this, I'm cutting back on my caffeine intake and it's gotten me to be a little moodier than usual.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 06:35:47 pm by MadMalkavian »
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26782 on: August 18, 2013, 12:54:57 am »

Dammit all. Truck is broken down and we currently have no idea as to the problem. Gonna.have to hope it works well enough tomorrow to at least get to a repair shop, but if not we're stuck immobile in this parking lot until someone can come help.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26783 on: August 18, 2013, 09:06:24 am »

Dammit all. Truck is broken down and we currently have no idea as to the problem. Gonna.have to hope it works well enough tomorrow to at least get to a repair shop, but if not we're stuck immobile in this parking lot until someone can come help.
Are these repairs coming out of your pocket?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26784 on: August 18, 2013, 09:33:53 am »

Are these repairs coming out of your pocket?
They are in the sense that we're not earning any money by sitting around, but otherwise no. The company pays for repairs.

ETA: Yep, we're stuck. And the repair shop (which we will need towing to) doesn't open until tomorrow >_<
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:47:14 am by Sirus »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Geostupidity Edition
« Reply #26785 on: August 18, 2013, 11:44:08 am »

My ISP is implementing data caps, which means I get to spend a few hours today researching my alternatives and likely am going to wind up paying more to transfer to a different service, even if it also has data caps, solely as my only way of saying, "This is not okay, Mediacom."

EDIT: Yep, the only competition has a lower data cap.

Data caps are kind of why I was resistant to getting AT&T uVerse but then I realized I'm never going to use 250GB of bandwidth in a month, even with occasional bouts of piracy and online gaming. If you live in the United States and are willing to look past their faults in poor customer service then I recommend giving AT&T a shot.

I've had pretty bad experiences with AT&T. In addition to crappy customer service and tacking on $400 in non-refundable "installation fees" because of a lackluster credit check, the proprietary AT&T router they force on you is pretty bad, and always gave me issues with Port Forwarding to host servers, etc. That, combined with fairly regular internet outages and slowdowns (despite being the only U-Verse customers in our complex, which left us with a dedicated fiber optic line all to ourselves), and the ways they kept trying to screw me over with phone service has lead me to not do business with them since.

They seem to really love hidden fees, and unless you have a pretty solid credit history, they're very unwilling to work with you. So for folks who don't do Credit Cards (like me), they're not liable to treat you very well fiscally either.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 11:46:33 am by Solifuge »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26786 on: August 18, 2013, 01:25:20 pm »

I'm going to fucking maul the next person who makes a character based on Alan Turing and pleasantly "forgets" that he was gay.  He died for it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #26787 on: August 18, 2013, 01:28:22 pm »

Microsoft's stupid system that resets every change the user makes to program files, without telling them, or providing an explanation.  Just... WHY?  Microsoft seems to have a severe aversion to explaining themselves to the user.  Like its bad enough you automatically restart my computer at regular intervals, you could at least explain why that's necessary, or what at what times my computer might randomly decide its bedtime.  And yes, I did disable that little... feature.  But still, would it kill you to communicate a little instead of just saying "we're restarting you computer, deal with it."

I guess you could say Microsoft in general makes me rage >:(
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #26788 on: August 18, 2013, 02:16:45 pm »

I'm going to fucking maul the next person who makes a character based on Alan Turing and pleasantly "forgets" that he was gay.  He died for it.

Where did this happen?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26789 on: August 18, 2013, 02:19:56 pm »

Where did this happen?

If TVTropes is right, Pacific Rim.  I sent a rather lengthy note to the scriptwriter.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 1784 1785 [1786] 1787 1788 ... 3345