Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1772 1773 [1774] 1775 1776 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691122 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: R.I.P Bambi Edition
« Reply #26595 on: August 10, 2013, 01:57:30 am »

Only one each, but two per game load, but 144 total, I only see two, but there are so many more, and the two are different every time, I try to balance it out, but it doesn't work, but it must work, because it's a different two every time, but is it a different two every script run or every world gen, or are trolls just that invariable in their personality, but they can't be because it's a different two every time, I go into adventure mode, I look at it, heir of breath, 1 of 1, knight of hope, 3 of 6, nothing else, correlation??? None I can see, why is that? 3 and 6, minor 3rd, minor 6th, in my brain, F and B, dissonance resonating in my head, global variables where they shouldn't be? local, local, all that local, not a global to be seen, yet previous results seem to affect later ones, that shouldn't happen! Yet it is, and I'm watching it, constant, just two, every time, a different two, every time, values? HEIR OF BREATH! Maybe? Too many values, too much plus, localize it a bit, keep it clean, don't overlap! Messy weights, messy messy, but they're different every time! The heir of breath isn't guaranteed! I've had different! Why only two? What could I do? Programming thread?

No, same four, but four in pairs of two? How? What?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 02:00:15 am by Putnam »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #26596 on: August 10, 2013, 01:59:57 am »

I'm not saying they didn't use those giant drill arms to clear off the Granin Design Bureau's driveway or anything, it's just not a literal snow blower. The Shagohod is life made simple in more than just a nuclear holocaust sort of way you know.

EDIT: Mechwarrior will always be the greatest mech universe for me. The books are fantastic, and even more political than some WH40K novels.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 02:01:49 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26597 on: August 10, 2013, 02:03:47 am »

Now if only I could find a pen and paper RPG setting that would work within the constraints of the system it creates.

MechWarrior mind you clearly doesn't... They break all the rules all the time in the actual story.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #26598 on: August 10, 2013, 02:08:20 am »

They break all the rules all the time in the actual story.
What do you mean?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26599 on: August 10, 2013, 03:18:19 am »

Oh for fucks sake I can't take it anymore.

So I get up early because my cousin will come over later today to get some studying done, I get in about an hour before getting hungry and bored and decide to do some interneting before breakfast.

Mom wakes up half an hour later and suddenly I did no studying at all because I'm a worthless idiot who doesn't know when he's in trouble and prefers playing games to actual work (note that no games were played).

Because surely she saw me not study while she fucking slept the entire morning.

And just because she's home all day does not fucking mean she sees what I'm doing all the time like she thinks she does, so naturally she fills in the blanks with the most bullshit possible.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26600 on: August 10, 2013, 03:28:58 am »

Why are you still paying attention to this drivel?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26601 on: August 10, 2013, 07:48:20 am »

-gibberish-
I believe you just found out about Sburb's copy protection.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26602 on: August 10, 2013, 11:26:38 am »

Dropped a dime on the floor, and couldn't find it, like it disappeared. Then I accidentally dropped a quarter, and that one disappeared. I hate losing change like that, especially quarters.

I did a thorough check of the floor, too, and there's no sign of them. Should my floor have SCP classification?

Please... ANYONE can make a Metal Gear. Every single person. It has actually become nothing special as the series went on.

STOP CRAPPING ON MY JOY MACHINE
Blame Ocelot, he's the one who posted the stuff on the Internet. So now every state, group, and dot-com has their own version of Metal Gear.
...So where's Bay12games.com's Metal Gear, anyway?

*Was Venat evil? I still don't know! I can't actually tell if it was trying to manipulate Vayne into conquering the world and then possessing him, or if it legitimately wanted to free humanity from the Occuria and did what it believed was necessary to make that happen.
I think he genuinely wanted to free humanity, giving how pissed the other Occuria got when Ashe just mentions his name, and felt that Vayne was the only one ruthless and manipulative enough to actually pull it off.
Spoiler: There's also (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26603 on: August 10, 2013, 11:47:10 am »

I did a thorough check of the floor, too, and there's no sign of them. Should my floor have SCP classification?
Meh, Anomalous object at most.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26604 on: August 10, 2013, 11:51:50 am »

Trying to sign in the check the balance on a prepaid debit card I've forgotten about.

Keeps saying my password is incorrect. Luckily I remember the (in)security question to change it. Then it tells me the password I changed it to is incorrect. Thinking I might have made a mistake when changing it, I change it again. "The new password may not be the same as the old one".
>:(
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #26605 on: August 10, 2013, 12:29:04 pm »

@Akura
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26606 on: August 10, 2013, 12:30:20 pm »

Hey, at least you didn't drop the debit card :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26607 on: August 10, 2013, 12:32:00 pm »

For FFXII...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #26608 on: August 10, 2013, 01:03:47 pm »

I simply couldn't relate to anything in game. The hero? He was designed to with 13 year old boys in mind. The world? Seeing many of the races from FFT:A that I didn't like suddenly rendered in 3d didn't do me any favors. The places they asked you to go? For a game that delivered  so many magical locations during the series, FF12 gave you boring-ass deserts, swamps and savannahs. It took half the bloody game before you even saw something approaching a forest.

Really there's only one thing I liked about FF12, and that was the monster hunts. I gave up on the storyline midway to do those, and once I became outleveled by them, I just quit and never went back. FF12 was pretty much the last nail in the coffin as far as Final Fantasy goes, for me. I didn't see the franchise ever coming back to a place I enjoyed. Now it's firmly in the realm of jiggly girls, pop music and stupid mechanics.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26609 on: August 10, 2013, 01:07:05 pm »

Blegh. I tried to install a disk mounting program but I got a load of bullshit, two potential browser hijackers and some other shit out of the installer >.>
MBAM and SUPERAntiSpyware kicked their ass, but blegh. I lost 45 minutes of my life to shitty malware that doesn't even do anything intresting or is a challenge to remove.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 1772 1773 [1774] 1775 1776 ... 3345