Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1724 1725 [1726] 1727 1728 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690154 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Rose-tinted Edition
« Reply #25875 on: July 25, 2013, 01:29:22 am »

Huh.
Hot weather is hot, anyhow.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #25876 on: July 25, 2013, 01:42:06 am »

Jealous, Mon-Keigh?

That's not the word humans use to describe the desire to crush your skull with our bare hands.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25877 on: July 25, 2013, 01:43:14 am »

Jealous, Mon-Keigh?

That's not the word humans use to describe the desire to crush your skull with our bare hands.
Do they even have skulls? I honestly forget.
Sig! Onol

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #25878 on: July 25, 2013, 01:54:10 am »

I'm so glad I'm almost done with this place.  It's so deeply infused with incompetence.  The search functions we rely on to find customer profiles in our database don't even work properly.

Trying to find "The Classical Guitar Store" in Philadelphia.

I try "Classical Guitar / Philadelphia"... no results.
"The Classical / Philadelphia"... no results.
"Classical / Philadelphia"... comes right up.  And there's nothing mispelled in the profile that would excuse the other search terms not being able to retrieve it.  WTF.  I've also seen ones that you can only find by typing in the first letter of the company name and the zip code, and then scrolling through hundreds of results.

And if, let's say, there were two profiles built for that company at that location (it's not uncommon to see half a dozen or more).  Your first search brings up results and you have no reason to believe that anything is wrong, so you choose a profile from your first search.  Unfortunately, your search didn't return all the profiles for that company at that location, and one of those had a database.  That's one strike out of four per year before you're fired for things that are completely not your fault.

One more day.  The timing couldn't be better.  I don't think I would have lasted much longer.  Supposedly, employees are going to start dropping like flies because of this policy within a month.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25879 on: July 25, 2013, 02:37:02 am »

Jealous, Mon-Keigh?

Pretty sure Eldar are just space-elves, so yes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25880 on: July 25, 2013, 02:38:50 am »

Jealous, Mon-Keigh?

Pretty sure Eldar are just space-elves, so yes.
Still funny to provoke.
Sig! Onol

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #25881 on: July 25, 2013, 03:57:56 am »

Anyone have any recommendations for a good splitter for coax?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25882 on: July 25, 2013, 04:28:45 am »

ARGHHHH

I bought Civ 5 yesterday. Here's the saga of trying to get it working.

• Installed Civilisation 5 via Steam. Worked fine.
  • Started it up, played through the tutorial. Still worked fine.
  • Started a new game up the next day after rebooting my shiny new laptop. Gets to the end of loading the new game, then BSoDs.
  • BSoD with this error. " IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" Related to software problem.
  • Restart after bluescreen. Microsoft's solution is to do nothing.
  • Read up on Google what causes this. After trawling through miles of unhelpful threads, apparently a BSoD during a loading of Civ 5 relates to old drivers.
  • I run an AMD 7640M + 7610G together. This has caused me nothing but strife - it's a pretty decently powerful card, but it's supported so badly.
  • Go to AMD's support. Use their driver detect program to determine what I need to download. "You can't download from us because you're using Toshiba's proprietary drivers that are terrible."
  • Go to Toshiba's support. Search from a long, long dropdown list to find my computer. It's not listed. Tiny weeny little button allows me to search via product number.
  • Finally find my laptop. Have to trawl through a big list of possible updates, find the right one, a driver update. It's 221MB. This shouldn't be an issue.
  • Download starts and stays at 5-25kb/s instead of downloading at 180kb/s like my internet normally does. Gets halfway through the download, almost exactly 50% finished, and fails.
  • It fails twice more.
  • I'm bloody furious now. I want my money's worth. I bought a $1000 laptop that could play modern games. It can play /some/ modern games. Civ 5 BSoDs, Borderlands stutters like heck, Planetside 2 is lucky to get 5fps in UNINHABITED AREAS. I also bought a game that was well within the recommended specs. Doesn't really work.

FRIGGIN COMPUTERS MAKE ME MAD SOMETIMES.
[/list]

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #25883 on: July 25, 2013, 05:39:44 am »

It's sort of your fault for buying a "gaming" laptop and expecting to get good system specifications, especially if it's from a company that doesn't really make gaming laptops like Toshiba. I mean, I hate Alienware with all of my very being, but at least what they make can run most games at 30 FPS despite being ridiculously overpriced.

Consider it a lesson learned, since you should ALWAYS research any kind of prebuilt PC/computer part online to make sure nothing's wrong with it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25884 on: July 25, 2013, 05:54:13 am »

It's sort of your fault for buying a "gaming" laptop and expecting to get good system specifications, especially if it's from a company that doesn't really make gaming laptops like Toshiba. I mean, I hate Alienware with all of my very being, but at least what they make can run most games at 30 FPS despite being ridiculously overpriced.

Consider it a lesson learned, since you should ALWAYS research any kind of prebuilt PC/computer part online to make sure nothing's wrong with it.

Well, if I can run Skyrim easily, and it wasn't so much a gaming laptop as a laptop that didn't have an Intel card. This was the best one in my price range.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #25885 on: July 25, 2013, 06:21:41 am »

Try using Free Download Manager? It makes sure that even if your host server drops the connection, it's going to chase that file down with ten tentacles to suck the file bit by bit from the server. B

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #25886 on: July 25, 2013, 06:24:42 am »

Youtube has that terrible code-brokening problem for 3rd day.

Goddamit YT, I want to watch my subtitled anime >:C
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25887 on: July 25, 2013, 06:28:54 am »

Moreover, I thoroughly researched this particular laptop with reviews and everything beforehand. It's a simple issue with the fact that ATI/AMD is not supported as well as Nvidia.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #25888 on: July 25, 2013, 12:23:32 pm »

This doesn't seem the thread for telling people their problems are their fault.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #25889 on: July 25, 2013, 12:53:34 pm »

Moreover, I thoroughly researched this particular laptop with reviews and everything beforehand. It's a simple issue with the fact that ATI/AMD is not supported as well as Nvidia.
For future reference there's a nifty little website that uses a java plugin to check if your computer is capable of running a game and then shows you the results in a quick and easy to understand manner.

It helps to give an idea of how well a game might run or what you'd need to upgrade to get the game to run. It's pretty handy.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 1724 1725 [1726] 1727 1728 ... 3345