Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705157 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #2580 on: April 16, 2011, 01:56:33 pm »

If you pick suicidal as an emotion on one of the thingies it says "UR AN ATTENSHUN WHORE!11! NOONE LIKES YOU!!11" pretty much.

I think when I was playing that, I never got past the college years because all of the "transgressive" and "interesting" options involved doing drugs, having sex, and making out.  It was too distant from my experience and from any experience I'd ever been interested in.

Heck, I hardly got past elementary school... apparently I'm some sort of bizarre freak who basically didn't have a childhood sexuality or any desire to demean her teachers.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: April 16, 2011, 02:13:19 pm »

Heck, I hardly got past elementary school... apparently I'm some sort of bizarre freak who basically didn't have a childhood sexuality or any desire to demean her teachers.
Now I remember that game. At one point I was killed as a child because apparently adults in this world don't take any extra precautions when a child in their neighborhood goes missing.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: April 16, 2011, 02:14:04 pm »

Now I remember that game. At one point I was killed as a child because apparently adults in this world don't take any extra precautions when a child in their neighborhood goes missing.
why didn't you run and tell the nice police man?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: April 16, 2011, 02:16:07 pm »

why didn't you run and tell the nice police man?
She/he was caught by the serial killer.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: April 16, 2011, 02:45:16 pm »

Damn you internet!
Why must you constantly stop working!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: April 16, 2011, 02:46:10 pm »

Damn you internet!
Why must you constantly stop working!
Check where your internet plugs into your phone line. My internet kept on crashing until I plugged the thingy in a bit more.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: April 16, 2011, 03:15:53 pm »

Connections are secure.
It's the router that's at fault, maybe even some of the cables. :b

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: April 16, 2011, 09:18:28 pm »

This headset isn't even a month old and one ear is shorting out. 

Dear Plantronics... we have a Two year warranty on this, that means that if your headsets keep screwing up like this by the time the warranty is through we will have gone through 20+ headsets for the price of One Headset (Plus the extended warranty).
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: April 16, 2011, 09:28:01 pm »

I seem to be the only one with working headphones here, I got these Last year and they've worked fine.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: April 16, 2011, 11:14:02 pm »

Threw my back out somehow (probably trying to juggle a full size tower in one hand while using the other to open doors.) I can barely walk now, I move at like 1 mile an hour like an old man. I'd rage but I'm afraid the effort would throw my back into a spasm.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: April 16, 2011, 11:38:59 pm »

I love my Etymotics.  If you can stand that type of earphone, I recommend them.  I've browsed some audiophile hangouts that rate them the same in sound quality to $600-$800 range circumaural headsets.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: April 16, 2011, 11:42:14 pm »

I have the Creative Fatal1ty headset; the 'omgprogamer' branding makes me feel a bit iffy, but they're quality, and only fifty bucks, so woo.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #2592 on: April 16, 2011, 11:45:03 pm »

Honestly, I can never really hear the difference in headphones once they start to cost more than $60 or $70 and I listen to a lot of FLAC. Some of the ones that are more expensive than that are more comfortable though, but honestly I don't have the money to be buying the quality of headphones that I do already.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: April 16, 2011, 11:48:30 pm »

Ironically, a Plantronics headset is the one that's lasted me the longest. It was a simple little thing, only had one earpiece and was intended for use on an original Xbox. It lasted long enough to fail a couple of years ago, and by that time I had already long switched to the 360. I never did find another one, and while Microsoft's headsets are more comfortable to wear they tend to last only about a year.

I am at the moment raging because of my Skullcandy earbuds. The last ones lasted for a good while, but this one is already having problems on one side. Making the circuit finish is getting more and more difficult to do.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: April 17, 2011, 12:53:49 am »

I tend to stick to headsets because I keep thinking I'm gonna get thrown into a clan/guild that needs me to talk, back when I played eve I used to voice chat all the time so I dunno.  I think I'll need to switch to something more comfortable after the Warranty runs out on these however since they play havoc on my hear lobes. (As in if I wear them in a heavy soundbased thing after a bit my ear lobes get really sharp pains)
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 3345