Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1654 1655 [1656] 1657 1658 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690070 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Go To Bed Edition
« Reply #24825 on: June 20, 2013, 11:22:23 pm »

Ah, that probably explains a lot of my confusion.  That one, in particular, drives me up the nuts.
Well, that particular line implies that what I'm thinking is actually much more outrageous than what I stated, even though what I stated was outrageous.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24826 on: June 20, 2013, 11:24:02 pm »

Because my hair's short and she wanted to warn me that women might try to hit on me.  And also that my students might decide I'm gay and try to bully me again (... this has happened before).

Um.  No.  I have not had anyone hit on me whatsoever since I cut my hair.  And it's also amazingly stupid because I really need to not have a relationship right now.

Ah, that probably explains a lot of my confusion.  That one, in particular, drives me up the nuts.
Well, that particular line implies that what I'm thinking is actually much more outrageous than what I stated, even though what I stated wasn't outrageous.

This one?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #24827 on: June 20, 2013, 11:24:03 pm »

Mom says I look like a lesbian and she's been holding her tongue for months.

Gee Mom.  Sorry.

My dad once told me I had a "distrustful face."

Parents can be really fucking thoughtless sometimes, even though I know what he was trying to say. I do look a bit sinister sometimes.

Because my hair's short and she wanted to warn me that women might try to hit on me.

For the record, I think short hair on a girl is dynamite sexy. I loves me a Pixie Cut.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 11:25:59 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24828 on: June 20, 2013, 11:26:46 pm »

Because my hair's short and she wanted to warn me that women might try to hit on me.  And also that my students might decide I'm gay and try to bully me again (... this has happened before).

Um.  No.  I have not had anyone hit on me whatsoever since I cut my hair.  And it's also amazingly stupid because I really need to not have a relationship right now.

Well, that particular line implies that what I'm thinking is actually much more outrageous than what I stated, even though what I stated wasn't outrageous.

This one?
Actually, I thought it was pretty outrageous that I implied that your mom was amazingly stupid for making that statement, but maybe that was too subtle and was not terribly intentional. I, for one, don't think you look like a lesbian, if that counts for anything.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #24829 on: June 20, 2013, 11:34:19 pm »

What's hard for me to comprehend is that there's apparently a certain way that lesbians are supposed to look.  I'm aware of the butch stereotype, but other than that, it's really strange to think that short hair = lesbian.  If that's the case, then most of the women I know are lesbians who just happen to be in straight committed relationships.  Maybe it's a local thing, but short hair on women seems incredibly common these days.  And of the two confirmed lesbians I've ever known (no, not as a couple), one of them had long hair and was very traditionally feminine...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24830 on: June 20, 2013, 11:36:27 pm »

It doesn't help that many gays and lesbians play up their own stereotype.

In fact I have no idea why that is a thing... I need a professor's help on this one (not a joke, I am honestly curious why the "gay stereotype" is a thing and not just something made up)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24831 on: June 20, 2013, 11:37:23 pm »

Yeah, I probably should have stated that I don't think that the short hair has as much of an impact on her looks as it seems that it's being made out.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24832 on: June 20, 2013, 11:41:04 pm »

Yeah, I probably should have stated that I don't think that the short hair has as much of an impact on her looks as it seems that it's being made out.

Let me guess... You like Jeans and Tshirts... and on nice days you wear a baseball cap.

You probably have a wrist band, maybe made out of leather... and your hair may be dyed or relatively unstyled.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24833 on: June 20, 2013, 11:44:12 pm »

Let me guess... You like Jeans and Tshirts... and on nice days you wear a baseball cap.

You probably have a wrist band, maybe made out of leather... and your hair may be dyed or relatively unstyled.
Close. I actually don't own any pairs of jeans or a wristband. Also, I look like hell in a baseball cap, and therefore don't wear them.

Admittedly, I do like to dress in button-downs over an undershirt, slacks, and ridiculous sunglasses, but it's too much work.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24834 on: June 20, 2013, 11:48:20 pm »

No, it was an amazingly stupid thing she said, which doesn't mean she's amazingly stupid.

It's stupid because she was "biting her tongue," like I'm going to be crushed because I look like a lesbian, and sounds like she was really afflicted by not being able to let me know.  Poor Mom!  Poor dear!  Not being able to say "look, a lesbo!"

As for how I dress, cargo pants and T-shirts with sandals OR long skirts, frilly blouses, vest, jacket and boots or strappy sandals.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24835 on: June 20, 2013, 11:48:34 pm »

I swear if I later have to defend my response I am going to be so mad  :P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24836 on: June 20, 2013, 11:50:47 pm »

I swear if I later have to defend my response I am going to be so mad  :P
It's okay. We're all uncultured heathens here. :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #24837 on: June 20, 2013, 11:51:31 pm »

Must be the differences in her time as opposed to now time :/ Because you can't judge anyone by just looking at them >_>

Just disregard that point Vector, don't think much about it :)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24838 on: June 20, 2013, 11:53:55 pm »

It doesn't help that many gays and lesbians play up their own stereotype.
In fact I have no idea why that is a thing... I need a professor's help on this one (not a joke, I am honestly curious why the "gay stereotype" is a thing and not just something made up)
Signaling. Same reason Goths wear black and punks wear mohawks.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24839 on: June 21, 2013, 12:03:00 am »

As for how I dress, cargo pants and T-shirts with sandals OR long skirts, frilly blouses, vest, jacket and boots or strappy sandals.

You sound just like a friend of mine from college. I might have mistaken you for her, if it weren't for the whole "not in a relationship" bit - she's married.
Pages: 1 ... 1654 1655 [1656] 1657 1658 ... 3345