Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1642 1643 [1644] 1645 1646 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693090 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the problem with Big Bang is the way it sort of dictates how people act.

In otherwords it is kind of... racist but not racist because that applies to race. Think of it as anti-intellectual.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

It just seems as if you're actively looking for something to be offended by, just so you can claim that you're offended. I'm not offended by shitty nerd jokes (I believe they're absolutely fucking stupid, but that's completely different from being offended by them), and even if I was it wouldn't mean jack shit. Besides, it's not like being offended entitles you to anything. People care as much as my apparent offense and dislike of a certain joke as much as they care about someone being offended by gay jokes, which is not at all.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It just seems as if you're actively looking for something to be offended by, just so you can claim that you're offended

Yeah! Stop being offended by things you find offensive! you are just trying to be offended!

I'm not offended by shitty nerd jokes

See, he isn't offended and thus you shouldn't either!

Besides, it's not like being offended entitles you to anything.

And you are also imposing entitlement for being offended.

People care as much as my apparent offense and dislike of a certain joke as much as they care about someone being offended by gay jokes, which is not at all.

And there you go, beautifully finished too. You have as much right to be offended by bad nerd jokes as you do for being called homosexual as shock humor.

---

Ok no offense, I believe that Big Bang Theory wasn't TRYING to actually make a statement on nerds and that the characters within it are just supposed to be "crazy".

But even I can see where people would justifiably be angry at the show. In the same way that I understand and support that someone would be offended by gay jokes...

Because most gay jokes aren't funny "Ha ha ha you are exhibiting behavior that can be called Homosexual, because homosexuals are apparently funny clowns!"

I also have several friends who refuse to watch the show specifically because it offends them. While I watched the show at first and sort of realized over time that it really wasn't funny and in many ways REALLY excessively depraved.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 04:59:47 am by Neonivek »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I'm sorry.  I'm not offended.  I'm infuriated.

I don't give a crap if you live in a world where a difference in detail that is, at its root, pretty much cosmetic ends up being a persistent punchline, but I expect more.

No one asked you to weigh in.  No one demanded your attention.  No one said my feelings had to mean jack shit to you, and no one said that you had to pay anything up.  If you don't like my posts clogging the thread, then ignore me.  Don't pretend, however, that I'm posting with any desire that you say or do anything.  Including empathize.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

nwob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It just seems as if you're actively looking for something to be offended by, just so you can claim that you're offended. I'm not offended by shitty nerd jokes (I believe they're absolutely fucking stupid, but that's completely different from being offended by them), and even if I was it wouldn't mean jack shit. Besides, it's not like being offended entitles you to anything. People care as much as my apparent offense and dislike of a certain joke as much as they care about someone being offended by gay jokes, which is not at all.

Many people care about when someone is offended by gay jokes.  We can't just use the label 'people' to throw around whatever qualities we want to impose on society in general.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As well most gay jokes are backhanded insults at gay people.

It is sort of why I stopped calling guys "girls" once I found out that in essence, I am insulting girls.

While Big Bang Theory is interesting in the sense that had it come out 10 maybe 20 years earlier it would have probably been considered far to offensive (especially given Raj's description of India... That was pretty bad)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 05:03:33 am by Neonivek »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

I watch pretty much any TV show that purports to have autism spectrum characters religiously.
That sounds painful.
Autism is horrifically misrepresented. I'm not sure why you would drag yourself through that.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I watch pretty much any TV show that purports to have autism spectrum characters religiously.
That sounds painful.
Autism is horrifically misrepresented. I'm not sure why you would drag yourself through that.

Because Autistic people are pretty much the "Acceptable targets" for comedies right now.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Eh, even when it is being taken seriously it just doesn't work. LOOKING AT YOU MARK HADDON! THERE IS NO REDEMPTION FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE! *Ahem* Anyway maybe a realistic portrayal isn't really that interesting? You have to exaggerate things to the point of absurdity a la Sherlock for things to be entertaining.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, even when it is being taken seriously it just doesn't work. LOOKING AT YOU MARK HADDON! THERE IS NO REDEMPTION FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE! *Ahem* Anyway maybe a realistic portrayal isn't really that interesting? You have to exaggerate things to the point of absurdity a la Sherlock for things to be entertaining.

Yeah but I don't think Sherlock did it as a joke. Though I guess it changed book to book as sometimes it described Sherlock as just someone who outright degenerates without Watson by his side.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Here's one more who thinks Big Bang Theory is pretty awful, though I've said as much on this forum before.  What bothers me most about it is the only other people I know who don't like the show are on this forum.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I think Japa might have the right sort of diagnosis.
Tell me Skyrunner, do you have a single array of objects, or multiple arrays containing information such as the cell color and impassibility?
I fixed it!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Was it a case of your visual data not matching what was being collided with, or something to do with the algorithm?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

The pathfinder had a separate map of data that stored things like movement cost, position, and accessibility. For some reason I didn't initialize the world in the constructor, instead delegating it to a regen() function. But because the pathfinding map wasn't updated in said function it had faulty info. O_o
Next up is letting item data be read from json files and spawning items in shops.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

[snip]
Why, thank you for dodging around nothing in particular. No, it's okay, you don't need to—oh, there's kraken there? Thanks for telling me.

Ugh, NO THERE IS NOTHING THERE DX STOP DOING THAT

Also, please stop sailing right through solid land like you were born there. You are not a flying ship, unlike what you may or may not think.
... I think you should implement flying ships. >_>

Here's one more who thinks Big Bang Theory is pretty awful, though I've said as much on this forum before.  What bothers me most about it is the only other people I know who don't like the show are on this forum.
My mother watches it religiously.

... >_____>

Kind of like every time Descan and I are in the same thread.
* Descan wiggles all of his eyebrows.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 09:18:22 am by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 1642 1643 [1644] 1645 1646 ... 3345