Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695503 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread.
« Reply #2325 on: April 12, 2011, 03:00:05 pm »

I just tried Google Maps, and looking for directions starts off by sending me in the completely opposite direction, AND assumes I have my own transportation, despite selecint "Public Transportation" as my mode of transport.

And my mother just came in and told me to get on with trying to sort this shit out, in such a condescending tone that both tells me I'm not getting any help out of them, and implies it's my fault she doesn't feeling like driving me around. Seriously, I'd kill her if I had an opportunity to get away with it.

EDIT: Poking around on the bus company's website reveals that they do a shitty job of posting their schedules. The route I need shows a different one that follows the same route, but doesn't go anywhere near as far as I need. The paper version of the route shows it MIGHT go to the general area, but doesn't give an address or specific location of the stop.
This means I'm going to have to quit anyway if I can't even find a way to get there.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 03:19:44 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: April 12, 2011, 03:18:11 pm »

Now, now, premeditatied murder never solves anything. Except when it does.

I am joking. Do not kill anyone.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: April 12, 2011, 03:25:08 pm »

I just looked at the (more accurate) paper version of the route, and I noticed two things: it's not available on Sundays(which I work on), and the last bus out of there is at 6:00PM(the earliest my work schedule shows that I get off is at 6PM, and that's only one day, and doesn't count the hour or so I might have to walk to get to the stop).

So I'm pretty much fucked either way.

EDIT: I think I know why she's doing it. It's because I won't search for jobs for my stepdad anymore, and am keeping him from stealing my information to use as his own. The bitch is trying to get back at me by keeping me out of a job. I should have realized this when she said the reason she wouldn't drive me was because it would "kill the engine", total bullshit mostly because it's farther to her job than it is to mine.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:14:51 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: April 12, 2011, 09:07:36 pm »

I don't know dude, you can use this job before you bailout from the  state.

apparently my schedule to leave this house is moved to 2 weeks.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: April 13, 2011, 06:53:56 am »

I'm going today to try and salvage the situation, but unfortunately it relies on two things: First, it requires the bus driver to know his thumb from his ass, and be able to tell me which bus I'd need to transfer to in order to get to work, and if he doesn't, I'd have to give up then and there. Then, my boss has to be willing to push my hours back so I leave at around 5PM, but even if that happens, it would require me to get up an hour earlier than I already do.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: April 13, 2011, 06:58:40 am »

Look up your bus company on the web, if you have not already. I know that if you need to get around in Sydney, there is a website that will tell what what buses you need to catch and where to get anywhere on time. With any luck a similar system is in place for your service.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: April 13, 2011, 07:08:43 am »

One of the first things I tried. Only thier website is crap, and doesn't do a good job of telling where the stops are.

NOTEDIT: Okay, rechecking it, I just found the route I needed. Too fricking bad I have to wait an hour in the rain... then possibly walk another hour in the rain. My problems would greatly be solved if the bus ran past 6:00, though.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #2332 on: April 13, 2011, 07:10:16 am »

Look up your bus company on the web, if you have not already. I know that if you need to get around in Sydney, there is a website that will tell what what buses you need to catch and where to get anywhere on time. With any luck a similar system is in place for your service.

We have a Website called Rejseplanen here which means The Travelling Plan, I go in and type from where to where and it tells me. It's quite nice, I used it alot where I lived before, good acces to train and bus, less so now.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: April 13, 2011, 07:49:29 am »

My mum refuses to admit she's becoming deaf. The worst part of this is that she wont get a hearing aid which makes conversation with her annoying and frustrating.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: April 13, 2011, 07:56:14 am »

Move your mouth like you're talking bt don't make a sound

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: April 13, 2011, 07:56:57 am »

My mum refuses to admit she's becoming deaf. The worst part of this is that she wont get a hearing aid which makes conversation with her annoying and frustrating.
Now, now. No jumping to conclusions.
Have her get checked out by an ORL medic. Loss of auditory acuity can be caused by all sorts of things, many easily treatable.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: April 13, 2011, 08:27:39 am »

Argh. Just fucking argh.

It's one of those nights when suddenly every game ever goes 'LOL SUDDENLY YOU SUCK HAVE FUN DYING OVER AND OVER NUBFUCK'

Fucking TF2. Just... ugh.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: April 13, 2011, 08:33:31 am »

Now, now. No jumping to conclusions.
Have her get checked out by an ORL medic. Loss of auditory acuity can be caused by all sorts of things, many easily treatable.
I think the conclusions don't need to be jumped to.

Me: Nice day, isnt it?
Mum: What?
Me: NICE. DAY. ISN'T. IT.
Mum: How dare you speak to me like that!
Me: Jesus... *facepalm*
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: April 13, 2011, 08:35:19 am »

TBH I get  that all the time here. Less because of actual loss of hearing and more because everybod refuses to tun the fucking TV off or someting.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: April 13, 2011, 08:36:08 am »

Well, that means her hearing's going weaker. Doesn't mean she's going deaf.
Like I said, have her see a doctor about it. Might be easy to remedy without any kind of hearing aid.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 3345