Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1532 1533 [1534] 1535 1536 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705606 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

It's uncommon in the sense that you won't be at lethal risk unless you have an immune system drop. Varicella zoster stays dormant in the nervous system, but any dip in the immune system and it can come out at full force. And with your immune system already weakened, there can be a whole host of complications.

If it arises without an immune system drop then it's usually just painful as fuck (or so they say).
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Well, there is a slight risk of death if you're allergic to the vaccines. But that's what herd immunity is for; those who can get vaccinated do so in order for those who can't get get vaccinated to be safe.
Yea that's what I was talking the no unnecessary vaccines for.  If we're getting vaccines for stuff that isn't going to kill anybody, I would think people being allergic to the vaccine would potentially kill MORE people.  Even if my chickenpox example was way off.

Surprises me that drug companies aren't already making and selling vaccines for stupid little inconvenience diseases for the workaholics that feel that the world will end if they miss a day of work.

"Oh no I have pink eye and can't go to work!  What will I do, I should have bought that bullshit vaccine that they inject into my eye!"
(...Pink eye isn't lethal too is it?)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Yea that's what I was talking the no unnecessary vaccines for.  If we're getting vaccines for stuff that isn't going to kill anybody, I would think people being allergic to the vaccine would potentially kill MORE people.  Even if my chickenpox example was way off.
Vaccine allergies are really rare, and fatal ones even moreso.
Surprises me that drug companies aren't already making and selling vaccines for stupid little inconvenience diseases for the workaholics that feel that the world will end if they miss a day of work.
The common cold mutates rapidly and thus is difficult to develop a meaningful vaccine for. And vaccines aren't drugs.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Health is a difficult subject.  I'm glad I work with sick computers instead of sick people.

I'm going to curl up in this corner here and wallow in my ignorance now.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I personally need to be on my guard because I have weak lungs, which means that with any upper-respiratory ailment I need to be on the look-out for pneumonia.  That's why I take flu shots even though I'm very unlikely to die from the flu itself--it's the attendant pneumonia I'm worried about.  With the last bout, I've had a lingering cough for something like eight months.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Want some robo-lungs?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I guess that makes me the polar opposite of Vector. I contracted pneumonia shortly after I was born. Got it again around 14 or so. Now, I'm a smoker. :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

If we're all sharing stories about problems with our respiratory systems, I got bronchitis when I was less than a year old. I also had a notch (or something) in my voice box that apparently made it nearly impossible to understand me, to the point where I was legally classified as handicapped. Though apparently speech therapy from age 3 to age 13 helped take care of that.

I suppose that makes me rage a little bit, knowing now that a lot of my issues with socializing were probably due to the fact that none of my peers had any clue what I was saying. That ship has long since sailed, though.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doing a full uninstall of Oblivion, since something might have been broken, and now going back and tracking down downloads for the mods I had.

Except it's only downloading part of the file before saying it's done. And the Nexus website was 404ing for a while.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

About vaccines and the baby dying from lack of them:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

If we're all sharing stories about problems with our respiratory systems, I got bronchitis when I was less than a year old. I also had a notch (or something) in my voice box that apparently made it nearly impossible to understand me, to the point where I was legally classified as handicapped. Though apparently speech therapy from age 3 to age 13 helped take care of that.

I suppose that makes me rage a little bit, knowing now that a lot of my issues with socializing were probably due to the fact that none of my peers had any clue what I was saying. That ship has long since sailed, though.

I had bronchiolitis when I was less than a year old. Curiously, I had it past the crisis period without entering bronchiolar crisis. The only side effects after that were mild asthma that cleared up by the time I was six or so.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

This is one of my ultimate rage buttons: 

Someone joins a multiplayer game only to sabotage it.  They do this blatantly or even admit to it in chat.  They laugh in the face of and barrage with verbal abuse anybody who expresses the slightest notion of giving a shit that they're doing this.

That's not what makes me rage.  I expect it.  Whatever.  Take it in stride.

What makes me rage is when other people defend the troll with the excuse that "it's just a game."  You urge other players to report the troll and they go "nah it's just a game whatever not like this is a tournament match or something".

WTF... it's just a game... and that just automatically makes anything excusable... does your time mean nothing to you?  If you're watching a movie at a theater and somebody starts jumping all over the place and shouting obscenities do you just shrug and say "it's just a movie"?  I don't fucking understand.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

This is one of my ultimate rage buttons: 

Someone joins a multiplayer game only to sabotage it.  They do this blatantly or even admit to it in chat.  They laugh in the face of and barrage with verbal abuse anybody who expresses the slightest notion of giving a shit that they're doing this.

That's not what makes me rage.  I expect it.  Whatever.  Take it in stride.

What makes me rage is when other people defend the troll with the excuse that "it's just a game."  You urge other players to report the troll and they go "nah it's just a game whatever not like this is a tournament match or something".

WTF... it's just a game... and that just automatically makes anything excusable... does your time mean nothing to you?  If you're watching a movie at a theater and somebody starts jumping all over the place and shouting obscenities do you just shrug and say "it's just a movie"?  I don't fucking understand.
Unless the movie happens to have Nicolas Cage/Jack Nicholson/Jim Carrey/etc, no.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Riiight there with you. Unless the game in question is deliberately being silly (I once joined a TF2 game where everyone was having a dance party), I have little patience for griefers.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

AMC edits a line Brooks Hadlin says in Shawshank Redepemtion. It pisses me off every time I hear it, because I watch it every time it comes on.

"Son, six wardens have been through here in my tenure, and I’ve learned one immutable, universal truth: Not one of them born whose asshole wouldn’t pucker up tighter than a snare drum when you ask them for funds."

Becomes:

"Son, six wardens have been through here in my tenure, and I’ve learned one immutable, universal truth: Not one of them born--" SMASH CUT

It's a wonderful line, and they're probably using a copy of the film from the mid 90s when people still gave a shit about language like that. Whoever edited that was so lazy they didn't even try to dub over the word.

#firstworldraeg
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 11:11:23 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 1532 1533 [1534] 1535 1536 ... 3345