Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1478 1479 [1480] 1481 1482 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708692 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Like... just sitting there, reloading? Just settle for 90+ and go read a book or something in the hours you'll save. It'll benefit your life more.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Oh honey...

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile

RNG, why you no 100?

Playing an old goodie, Anvil of Dawn, the inner munchkin in me is causing me severe fingerstrain. In the game there are two specific potions that bring out this problem, one that increases your maximum health by 1d10 and one that increases your maximum mana by 10d10... And I must reload until I get the maximum values... so many reloads...

The odds of getting 100 with 10d10 are 1 in 10 million... You might want to lower your standards for that one.

But... but... powergaming!

I spent roughly half an hour reloading. I got it down to an art. I will be back game, odds be damned!
Let's put this in perspective...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

that is a beautiful bell curve I tell you what

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

Gaussian distribution is Go!
This is a blank sig.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

But... but... powergaming!

I spent roughly half an hour reloading. I got it down to an art. I will be back game, odds be damned!
Yeah... look. If you're going to do this to yourself, do it right. Bust out the goddamn memory editor and just increment your max health/MP by whatever's needed to hit the max amount after you consume the potion. Same effect, roughly the same degree of scuminess (ha!), much less time.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Quote from: my actual support ticked issued to battle.net
I quit diablo 3 for a while when you guys ruined the franchise and screwed up the launch. I heard the guys responsible were fired and that the game has finally been patched from some guys I know who are raving about how much better it is, so I decided to give your company one last chance. Now I am locked out of my account because you use what I call insecurity questions.

Answers to questions like what is your mothers maiden name, what high school did you attend or what was your childhood nickname are horrible security questions. If you use a truthful answer you make your account LESS secure because all these things are incredibly easy to find in the age of the internet. And if you use a random alpha numeric string? Its a password you never enter and therefore forget, locking legitimate users out of their accounts.

You seriously need to rethink your security paradigms. this is ridiculous.

My sin? My account usage pattern changed... AKA I tried to log in after a while of not logging in.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I got banned entirely because I was apparently hacked after months of not playing :P

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

When I get those questions I just put in a long rant about why this thing is stupid, with alphanumeric strings thrown in.  Just in case someone does hack it. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile

My mom is a bitch.  Happy Easter ._.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Forum is making me rage lately, because constant time-outs.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Forum is making me rage lately, because constant time-outs.
I got a 502 error. That's a new one :x

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Last time it propped up, I believe the common belief spread around that would prevent it is to stop replying to spambots or something...For whatever reason we thought that, it's obviously not working. Wish we'd get some kind of information from Toady why the forums seem to time out multiple times throughout the day.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

Last time it propped up, I believe the common belief spread around that would prevent it is to stop replying to spambots or something...For whatever reason we thought that, it's obviously not working. Wish we'd get some kind of information from Toady why the forums seem to time out multiple times throughout the day.
Obviously what we need to do is sacrifice some virgins to the god of 50X errors to appease it.

Fake Edit: I got a 504 error while posting. It seems I was wrong. Perhaps we need to keep notes about what they 50X to determine what they want.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

The fourm software is just kind of buggy, I think. I've always thought it was caused by our EXBAWXHUEG threads, but I'm not certain.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1478 1479 [1480] 1481 1482 ... 3345