Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1460 1461 [1462] 1463 1464 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709566 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Black romance is a physical attraction towards someone

and you hate them

and that hate is a primal instinct to mate that everyone feels

i don't think that's quite what's going on here...
dafuq is this nonsense?

You'd... need to Homestuck to get it.
Yeahnothanks. Done here.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Black romance isn't really a thing. My obsessive hate and fantasies of violent action about my roommate are about as close as it gets.
*scratches head* Actually, uh.

I think I've seen it before. Or something functionally identical. In reality, not just webcomics. Or fanfiction and manga, because that kind of hatelust is somewhat endemic to certain genres of the latter two for some ungodly reason. Really strong personal dislike somehow twisting into some sort of (primarily physical, generally) relationship. Never ends well, and isn't exactly common. But it happens.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Apparently we are doing that thing where we let out homestuck fandom leek out of the thread and into the rage emporium.
Can't stand it when the bronies do it, so personally might as well try to avoid doing it for things I like. It is a nice philosophy.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

You know, it is strange, there are countless things people will do on the internet that just annoy me, but only two seems to exist in bay12.
The first is throwing your fandom all over the place. You don't make everything about the ponies and I won't make everything about the trolls, deal? The 'assimilate through the power of love!' attitude is just annoying...
Second is when people post a random screen shot of a game they are playing and say something about it, but don't mention the name of the game or give any content, because all the 'cool kids' already know the game and we don't want those dirty people with a real life who have no time to play every fucking thing to be part of the group.

So fuck you people who do any of these two things. I love you and enjoy talking to you, and there is no forum I would rather be at, but fuck you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Screw you, N64. Screw you and your lovable, nostalgic plastic and freaky controller that looks like it fell out of Cthulhu's posterior.

Emulating the analog stick is frigging impossible. Absolutely horrible to do, since there's input delay and no concept of sensitivity in the mouse and all I want to do is play Turok 2. Q_Q

Having never owned a gamepad, I weep.
Got a wired 360 controller? They work surprisingly well with emulators.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Second is when people post a random screen shot of a game they are playing and say something about it, but don't mention the name of the game or give any content, because all the 'cool kids' already know the game and we don't want those dirty people with a real life who have no time to play every fucking thing to be part of the group.

We can do this with DF, right? :P
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know, it is strange, there are countless things people will do on the internet that just annoy me, but only two seems to exist in bay12.
The first is throwing your fandom all over the place. You don't make everything about the ponies and I won't make everything about the trolls, deal? The 'assimilate through the power of love!' attitude is just annoying...

Yeah but there's kind of a lid on that now.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

So fuck you people who do any of these two things. I love you and enjoy talking to you, and there is no forum I would rather be at, but fuck you.

This. I love Star Wars. Like, you don't get how much I love Star Wars. I know technical details of Star Wars ships. I can give a psychological dissertation on some of the characters, ad hoc. But I don't go around shoving Star Wars down your throat. Be considerate, and keep the fandom where it belongs. Also, note to self, find a Star Wars thread or make one.

As for the second part, it doesn't bother me as much, unless the game looks FUCKING AWESOME.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Y'know, it's traditional to take me out on at least a few dates before offering that.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

Y'know, it's traditional to take me out on at least a few dates before offering that.

Kaijyuu... You're going to CHEAT on me?! D:

:P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

I thought this was an open relationship!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Screw you, N64. Screw you and your lovable, nostalgic plastic and freaky controller that looks like it fell out of Cthulhu's posterior.

Emulating the analog stick is frigging impossible. Absolutely horrible to do, since there's input delay and no concept of sensitivity in the mouse and all I want to do is play Turok 2. Q_Q

Having never owned a gamepad, I weep.
Got a wired 360 controller? They work surprisingly well with emulators.

My roommate does, and he'd probably let me, but I got no response when I tried plugging it into my computer. I dunno if I need drivers or to acknowledge somewhere that it's plugged in.
Are you using an emulator? If so, what kind? You can PM me if you'd rather not have the info public.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Odd. It works perfectly on my windows computer.

Also, emulators aren't illegal, AFAIK; pirating games is.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I assume you checked Options->Configure Controller Plugin?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1460 1461 [1462] 1463 1464 ... 3345