Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1451 1452 [1453] 1454 1455 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709736 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Implement This Edition
« Reply #21780 on: March 18, 2013, 01:43:09 pm »

wat
Who goes to tumblr (or anywhere besides twitter, really) to read long masses of twitpics with tiny introductions? I couldn't be bothered to do more than skim that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #21781 on: March 18, 2013, 01:46:18 pm »

wat

Depending on what mood I'm in, I can see myself having a wide range of reactions to these.

At the moment, the mood is "joyous smugness" as I am satisfied that I am more intelligent than many other people. :P

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21782 on: March 18, 2013, 01:47:41 pm »

The child in me is mortified at that too. Sometimes it feels like the worst thing there is, is simply being unloved.

:'(

Redking, since I am a bit weird I did some reading on your conditions. The floppy heart valve sucks (depending on severity). My friend had Cavernus Excavitum and it never bothered him at all, but I suppose it all depends on the severity.

The marfanoid habitus at least on the surface doesn't really seem like a defect, just an 'alternative' evolution of a human, with the longer limbs and all until you look at the complications, whoops. :(
Yeah, the first two basically stem from the marfanoid habitus. Floppy valve (properly called mitral valve prolapse) isn't that bad, just means I'll never be a marathon runner. Also means I shouldn't do anaerobic exercise like weightlifting because it increases blood pressure in spurts, which puts more pressure on the aortal root, which is often the fatal point of failure for Marfan-type folks.

The pectus has some issues with lung capacity and endurance, more of a cosmetic problem really. And finding someone who's okay with laying their head in my chest rather than on it. :-/

Also higher risk of retinal detachment, joint dislocation, and a host of other problems stemming from everything being just a little too stretchy.

OTOH, I've only ever had one broken bone (and that was due to repeated trauma that would have been multiple compound fractures on most people). And I can slip out of handcuffs unless they're super-tight by dislocating my thumbs at will.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21783 on: March 18, 2013, 01:50:08 pm »

OTOH, I've only ever had one broken bone (and that was due to repeated trauma that would have been multiple compound fractures on most people). And I can slip out of handcuffs unless they're super-tight by dislocating my thumbs at will.
So what you're telling us is that you're a secret agent.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21784 on: March 18, 2013, 01:55:06 pm »

My first boyfriend had the pectus thing.  I loved it--my elbow and chin fit in it exactly.  Haha.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21785 on: March 18, 2013, 02:00:40 pm »

So what you're telling us is that you're a secret agent.
I can neither confirm nor deny that statement.

@Vector: Honestly, I think everyone that has gotten far enough with me to see me shirtless has been *meh* about the whole thing. But I'm still self-conscious enough about it that I just don't go shirtless in public. Even at the beach, swimming pool, etc. Too many stares and kids asking awkward questions.  :-\

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21786 on: March 18, 2013, 02:01:59 pm »

I have it (though it's admittedly minor), and the fiance doesn't mind.

I did have to tell her at one point to not rest her chin in it though, since it was a bit uncomfortable :X

I only once remember being teased for it too, and by my brother.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21787 on: March 18, 2013, 02:05:57 pm »

Mine's fairly significant. Plus the bottom of the ribcage flares outward and one side sticks out more than the other. When I was a skinny teen, I could actually reach up inside my ribcage an inch or so. With that and the deformable claw-hands, I'd have made a hell of a good lich.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #21788 on: March 18, 2013, 02:10:08 pm »

Mine's fairly significant. Plus the bottom of the ribcage flares outward and one side sticks out more than the other. When I was a skinny teen, I could actually reach up inside my ribcage an inch or so. With that and the deformable claw-hands, I'd have made a hell of a good lich.

I used to be able to do that given the fact that up until I was about 14 I had almost zero muscle. Just a quick breathe in and then a poke. I was incredibly bendy up unto the point of being able to fold myself in half and do all crazy stuff with my joints.

Unfortunately at my elderly age my joints don't like me any more and refuse to work.  >:(

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21789 on: March 18, 2013, 02:24:55 pm »

I used to be able to do that given the fact that up until I was about 14 I had almost zero muscle. Just a quick breathe in and then a poke. I was incredibly bendy up unto the point of being able to fold myself in half and do all crazy stuff with my joints.

Unfortunately at my elderly age my joints don't like me any more and refuse to work.  >:(
Complicated hyperflexible ^5

Same here...skin and oddly-shaped bones up until I got married.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #21790 on: March 18, 2013, 02:31:32 pm »

What did marriage do to your bones? Did your ex-wife take them to make valuable jewelry?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21791 on: March 18, 2013, 02:53:51 pm »

What did marriage do to your bones? Did your ex-wife take them to make valuable jewelry?
It put meat on them. Having someone around to remind you to eat (and having a father-in-law who's a trained chef, and specialized in gravies) will pack on some pounds.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21792 on: March 18, 2013, 02:54:17 pm »

There seems to be a lot of pectus on bay12. What the hell ?

I got one too, not that bad (even if my sister wanted to do surgery on it  ::) ) but I had to do a bit of physiotherapy.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21793 on: March 18, 2013, 03:23:09 pm »

Holey chestbump!

...I occasionally made the joke that I had more cleavage than my ex did. She was not amused (because it was mostly true).

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21794 on: March 18, 2013, 03:27:24 pm »

So, the average Bay 12 member is now a pansexual liberal nerd with pectus excavatum. named Pathos
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1451 1452 [1453] 1454 1455 ... 3345