Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1447 1448 [1449] 1450 1451 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709922 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Implement This Edition
« Reply #21720 on: March 16, 2013, 10:35:09 am »

The real better option is to find another job and get hired there before you are fired or quit.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21721 on: March 16, 2013, 10:38:21 am »

Unemployment ripped me off in my state, they required that i search for work full time in order to be eligible. Like how that is to fucking work Im a full time student and that job was part-time, the fuck am i suppose to do with no money.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21722 on: March 16, 2013, 11:06:30 am »

Sometimes, you can aslo make an agreement with your company if they want to fire you. They can offer you a bonus if you quit (though, it depends where you are, it's probably not interesting everywhere, depending on taxes).

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21723 on: March 16, 2013, 11:48:53 am »

Caught a damn cold. My gum hurts now, also, and there's none of that stuff around that numbs gum-pains.

Also, that ban on sodas for New York City. In a newspaper article, one person exclaimed his outrage at the government banning something that is his choice to drink(good for him), to which his niece replied "Soda is crap. We should ban everything that's bad for you". Yes, lets ban everything that can be bad for you, such as salt, caffeine, contact sports, meat, bad language, all interpersonal bodily fluid-transfer activities for the purpose of reproduction up to and including kissing, and let's replace all toilet paper with three seashells.
 ::)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #21724 on: March 16, 2013, 11:58:55 am »

Eh, IIRC he only wanted a ban on soda's of a certain size, and to be honest I think it would be a decent move towards better health... (this is from someone who loves Coke / Pepsi but resists the urge to drink it very often. Except now because you've got me thinking about it. GODDAMN)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21725 on: March 16, 2013, 11:59:38 am »

Caught a damn cold. My gum hurts now, also, and there's none of that stuff around that numbs gum-pains.

Also, that ban on sodas for New York City. In a newspaper article, one person exclaimed his outrage at the government banning something that is his choice to drink(good for him), to which his niece replied "Soda is crap. We should ban everything that's bad for you". Yes, lets ban everything that can be bad for you, such as salt, caffeine, contact sports, meat, bad language, all interpersonal bodily fluid-transfer activities for the purpose of reproduction up to and including kissing, and let's replace all toilet paper with three seashells.
 ::)
New York courts ruled the ban unconstitutional.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #21726 on: March 16, 2013, 12:13:41 pm »

I thought they only instituted a preliminary injunction against the law.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21727 on: March 16, 2013, 12:43:56 pm »

Eh, IIRC he only wanted a ban on soda's of a certain size, and to be honest I think it would be a decent move towards better health... (this is from someone who loves Coke / Pepsi but resists the urge to drink it very often. Except now because you've got me thinking about it. GODDAMN)
Y'know... thinking on it, that almost sounds more like a corporate kickback of some sort instead of anything health related. Larger sodas tend to cost less per ounce pretty much everywhere, so banning them would actually be a pretty good way to increase profit for the soda companies on the sly. "Health" makes a pretty good smokescreen for "buy the more expensive (but functionally identical) product", really.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21728 on: March 16, 2013, 01:05:00 pm »

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21729 on: March 16, 2013, 01:09:12 pm »

Y'know... thinking on it, that almost sounds more like a corporate kickback of some sort instead of anything health related. Larger sodas tend to cost less per ounce pretty much everywhere, so banning them would actually be a pretty good way to increase profit for the soda companies on the sly. "Health" makes a pretty good smokescreen for "buy the more expensive (but functionally identical) product", really.

I think it was mainly pertaining to restraunts, and I don't know about you but I'd be pretty embarassed about asking for "two cokes, please."

You make a very good point though, Frumple, although I think the reason bigger sodas cost less per ounce is because of less packaging / shipping per gram of product or some bulk economix like that.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #21730 on: March 16, 2013, 01:20:21 pm »

Man, this headache will not go away. It's been on and off for like 16 hours now. If it didn't come back weaker every time, I'd be worried.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #21731 on: March 16, 2013, 03:05:52 pm »

So to recap

I had a night shift on tuesday

During night shifts we have a short nap of variable time, in two turns. It was my turn to go first. When I went down back into the fire, turns out another of the guys had forgotten his keys. I loaned him, but I expected him to return them before leaving home at the shift's end. He didn't.

Now I have to go find him this monday, lest I end up without keys in the next shift. Which would suck rat ass.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21732 on: March 16, 2013, 05:02:44 pm »

I think it was mainly pertaining to restraunts, and I don't know about you but I'd be pretty embarassed about asking for "two cokes, please."

You make a very good point though, Frumple, although I think the reason bigger sodas cost less per ounce is because of less packaging / shipping per gram of product or some bulk economix like that.
Well it's a number of factors, buying in bulk does mean it's costs less to get it to you, but there's also the idea that you can make more money buy getting someone to pay for more for cheaper, because while your profit per ounce might go down, the amount of money made total in soda goes up.

Pretty standard consumerist economy stuff.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21733 on: March 16, 2013, 05:20:04 pm »

Man, this headache will not go away. It's been on and off for like 16 hours now. If it didn't come back weaker every time, I'd be worried.

How've you been feeling, dude? Is it just a headache or is it accompanied by nausea, flashing lights etc.? I assume you've tried paracetamol

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21734 on: March 16, 2013, 05:39:52 pm »

Yeah, the price of soda per ounce is pretty tiny (a few pennies for a couple of bucks worth of soda). Doubling the amount of soda costs them only a few more pennies, so outlawing it actually hurts restaurants/coke/pepsi far more then it helps (especially since people won't order two sodas at once for themselves, so it won't actually increase amount of drinks sold).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 1447 1448 [1449] 1450 1451 ... 3345