Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1446 1447 [1448] 1449 1450 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709921 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Implement This Edition
« Reply #21705 on: March 15, 2013, 06:21:06 pm »

Yeah, I'm definitely not always fond of the intensity of MOBAs like LoL, or most Shooters for that matter. I think a slightly more relaxed pace, and/or a greater focus on the metastrategic elements would benefit the game. I'd like to see a MOBA where you were not as powerful a character, and the main goal was to guide your minion waves in a push or defense, building items to support them or hinder your opponents minions, predicting and countering your opponents strategies, and generally acting as sculptor of the flow of the battle, rather than leader of the Vanguard, always on the lookout for attempts on your life, or opportunities to assassinate other players.

My ideal MOBA would be the Bonsai of RTS Games.
Have you played Demigod? I really liked the fact that you could support a battle by just staying in the rear area accumulating gold and using it to upgrade the minion waves, the towers, etc. So even if you suck at the PvP aspect of things, you could contribute meaningfully.
Played it. It was pretty goddamn awesome, but for me it was mainly the lore that got me. Why, Stardock? Why do you have no single player campaign besides a tournament? I WANTED MORE LOOOORE
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21706 on: March 15, 2013, 08:20:27 pm »

Yeah, I'm definitely not always fond of the intensity of MOBAs like LoL, or most Shooters for that matter. I think a slightly more relaxed pace, and/or a greater focus on the metastrategic elements would benefit the game. I'd like to see a MOBA where you were not as powerful a character, and the main goal was to guide your minion waves in a push or defense, building items to support them or hinder your opponents minions, predicting and countering your opponents strategies, and generally acting as sculptor of the flow of the battle, rather than leader of the Vanguard, always on the lookout for attempts on your life, or opportunities to assassinate other players.

My ideal MOBA would be the Bonsai of RTS Games.
Have you played Demigod? I really liked the fact that you could support a battle by just staying in the rear area accumulating gold and using it to upgrade the minion waves, the towers, etc. So even if you suck at the PvP aspect of things, you could contribute meaningfully.
Played it. It was pretty goddamn awesome, but for me it was mainly the lore that got me. Why, Stardock? Why do you have no single player campaign besides a tournament? I WANTED MORE LOOOORE
I thought the Lore was a bit forced for some characters, but overall they had a lot more personality to them than the average MOBA.

Plus, Rook. ALL MY ROOK. :D :D There's just something about being a goddamn walking castle that is made of win.
Spoiler: It's Hammer Time! (click to show/hide)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21707 on: March 15, 2013, 08:25:22 pm »

I personally went for the Torchbearer or Lord Erebus, Torchbearer because being an undead fire lich that spews waves of fire all over the goddamn place is awesome, and Erebus because Swarm of Bats and Mist. And Bite too.
'Hah. Just another vamp-' *batswarmed* *bited* *ded*
Sig! Onol

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21708 on: March 15, 2013, 08:31:00 pm »

But Rook has a hammer the size of most of the other characters. And he doesn't even have to target anything to kill shit, just run (okay, lumber) around in a circle and let your arrow towers and trebuchet do the work.

Tower got killed?
NO PROBLEM, BROUGHT MY OWN :D

He's like a mega-support tank.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21709 on: March 15, 2013, 08:32:39 pm »

But Rook has a hammer the size of most of the other characters. And he doesn't even have to target anything to kill shit, just run (okay, lumber) around in a circle and let your arrow towers and trebuchet do the work.

Tower got killed?
NO PROBLEM, BROUGHT MY OWN :D

He's like a mega-support tank.
Yep, though realistically he should be the size of the map, because those must be some tiny-ass archers.
Also, I love how Erebus can drain blood to heal. From the Rook. Who is made of stone.
Sig! Onol

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21710 on: March 15, 2013, 08:36:05 pm »

I have been interested in Demigod for a while.  I thought it was supposed to be kind of dead now, though?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21711 on: March 15, 2013, 08:46:33 pm »

I have been interested in Demigod for a while.  I thought it was supposed to be kind of dead now, though?
Something to do with it being impossible to connect to online.
Sig! Onol

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21712 on: March 16, 2013, 12:43:04 am »

Received my first counts-towards-getting-fired QIP error tonight.  On the third, I quit.  I've been as meticulous as I am capable of.  These things are impossible to avoid.  Our productivity demands also increased by about 1/3 this week.  In a couple more weeks, they're going up by another 1/3.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21713 on: March 16, 2013, 12:47:48 am »

Jumping down the pit instead of facing the pendulum, I see.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21714 on: March 16, 2013, 12:59:20 am »

I've always been led to believe that if you know you're going to be fired, it's better to quit.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21715 on: March 16, 2013, 01:00:19 am »

I've always been led to believe that if you know you're going to be fired, it's better to quit.
I've always been told the opposite. You can't claim unemployment benefits if you quit.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21716 on: March 16, 2013, 01:13:43 am »

I've always been told the opposite. You can't claim unemployment benefits if you quit.

For some reason I thought it was the other way around.  Ugh...
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #21717 on: March 16, 2013, 07:50:18 am »

But you get to keep your dignity!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21718 on: March 16, 2013, 09:06:28 am »

For some reason I thought it was the other way around.  Ugh...

Depending on the local laws, sometimes a company will try and goad you to quit when they actually wish to fire you, due to not having to pay out severance pay or what not.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21719 on: March 16, 2013, 09:16:54 am »

I'll have to do some digging to figure it out.  It only says that you are eligible if you are not at fault for losing your job.  Yet it would seem to me that you're technically at fault either way.  You chose to quit or it was your fault you got fired.  The reason I thought it was better to quit is because it doesn't look as bad to potential future employers.  You get fired and they wonder what made you a bad employee.  Quitting is more likely to raise questions rather than negative assumptions at a glance.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 1446 1447 [1448] 1449 1450 ... 3345