Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1444 1445 [1446] 1447 1448 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709971 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Implement This Edition
« Reply #21675 on: March 15, 2013, 12:01:19 am »

My schools uses a web application that scans documents of any existence on the internet, its pretty damn precise word to word.

I wonder if there is an XKCD regarding the odds of coincidence.

anyway, I wanted to mention the meme, "If you cheat in Engineering classes, you WILL kill people."
If you kill in engineering class, you WILL cheat people.
The first rule of engineering class is that you don't killsteal from your classmates. Wait, what?
But if you kill people with Old Spice, I get a horse.
Now look back to me. The horse is now diamonds.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21676 on: March 15, 2013, 12:02:07 am »

My schools uses a web application that scans documents of any existence on the internet, its pretty damn precise word to word.

anyway, I wanted to mention the meme, "If you cheat in Engineering classes, you WILL kill people."
The first rule of engineering class is that you don't killsteal from your classmates. Wait, what?
I now have a diamond horse. All right!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21677 on: March 15, 2013, 02:10:56 am »

I now have a diamond horse. All right!

Wouldn't that be hard to ride?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21678 on: March 15, 2013, 02:12:44 am »

Wouldn't that be hard to ride?
Diamond isn't the most malleable of materials, that'd take a lot of energy to even move a limb. Your arse would vaporize.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #21679 on: March 15, 2013, 09:49:08 am »

Goddamn League of Legends. I just watched one of our players, who spent like a minute standing still and raging at our team while we died, and one of the enemy's players, whose first comment after the game was "don't play ranked if you're going to feed, idiots" talk about how much their teams were trolls and how nice they each were.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21680 on: March 15, 2013, 10:14:28 am »

Goddamn League of Legends. I just watched one of our players, who spent like a minute standing still and raging at our team while we died, and one of the enemy's players, whose first comment after the game was "don't play ranked if you're going to feed, idiots" talk about how much their teams were trolls and how nice they each were.
There's a reason I stopped playing that game.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21681 on: March 15, 2013, 10:18:56 am »

I just played two ARAM matches where my teammates would randomly run in and die one by one for no apparent reason.  I always seem to get stuck with those people.  It's also quite special when they run right past health while low and fleeing, even when I'm pinging to remind them to step two pixels to the side and pick it up.  Happened at least 20 times in those two matches.  Too dumb to live at its finest.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21682 on: March 15, 2013, 10:33:08 am »

So, I have a minor cold, so I sniff a lot. My dad expects me to go to the fucking kitchen every five minutes to stop whatever I'm doing so I can stop sniffing. Fuck you dad.

Also, exams next week, wich means that I have to study this weekend, but my grandmother has a birthday party. Basically, I'll study, use my free time to do something I honestly find boring (altough yeah, there is no way to say that to anyone) and then study some fucking more. Yay.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21683 on: March 15, 2013, 11:23:15 am »

I just played two ARAM matches where my teammates would randomly run in and die one by one for no apparent reason.  I always seem to get stuck with those people.  It's also quite special when they run right past health while low and fleeing, even when I'm pinging to remind them to step two pixels to the side and pick it up.  Happened at least 20 times in those two matches.  Too dumb to live at its finest.
Man, my first thought when reading those three comments was "I miss playing LoL."
My next thought about 15 seconds later was, "No, I don't."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21684 on: March 15, 2013, 11:52:29 am »

Man, my first thought when reading those three comments was "I miss playing LoL."
My next thought about 15 seconds later was, "No, I don't."

I play rarely anymore.  I still enjoy ARAM now and then.  It's much less stressful than the normal game.  There are a few characters that ruin it (I dodge immediately when I see Yi or Kat), but without those it's just a straightforward fight that tends to sway back and forth in a way that's very fun and satisfying.  None of this standing around for minutes doing nothing because the game is dominated by fear of someone popping out of the bushes and squishing you like a bug.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #21685 on: March 15, 2013, 12:02:12 pm »

LoL and MOBAs just aren't the games for me. I find the dancing around each other until you can arrange a gank to be some of the dumbest gameplay I've ever participated in. The entire game revolves around getting that competitive advantage in the first few minutes of the game, then steam rolling the competition. The hiding in the bushes, the attacking someone then running away to lure them into a turret, the jungling, maximizing your XP killing creeps so you don't fall behind...

Fuck those games. As someone who primarily plays FPS when I feel like being competitive, I feel like LoL is a game built around everything besides direct competition. And once someone opens a gap or you get tag teamed...you might as well just stand there and let them kill you.

Most of all though, I think it's how rote and specific strategies are. MOBA players understand their game and there is a language and a process that is utterly foreign to new players. Top, Mid, Bot, Jungling, which lanes to push, when, how, why.....I often feel like there's zero room to play outside of what players and the games have rigidly stuck to. I know people who like MOBAs will totally disagree with me that these things aren't fun.....but most of the people I know that like MOBAs play them entirely so they can cackle when the gank some poor schmuck. It's the FPS equivalent of being a sniper shooting a guy with a pistol from 2000m away and then laughing and furiously masturbating after you get your kill.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21686 on: March 15, 2013, 12:13:41 pm »

Some asshole stole the catalytic converter off my car.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #21687 on: March 15, 2013, 12:15:26 pm »

My rage post isn't representative of a common experience for me. I've met a lot of really nice and appreciative people playing ranked lately. Some ragers too, but they're rarely as bad as those guys were.

The entire game revolves around getting that competitive advantage in the first few minutes of the game, then steam rolling the competition.

I disagree. I've played some of the most ridiculously back-and-forth games recently. In my opinion, things are very rarely set in stone before 15-20 minutes. I mean, yeah, it really sucks when you're losing at five minutes and you know you're going to be sitting around for fifteen more watching your allies die, but that happens like 5% of the time, at most.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21688 on: March 15, 2013, 12:47:57 pm »

I'm somewhere between you two in how I feel about the game.  I agree with everything nenjin says, but think all those points were exaggerated a bit.

The thing that gets me the most is how the whole game is built around "gotcha" moments.  You're caught one pixel out of position, die instantly, and there's absolutely zero you can do about it.  It keeps getting worse and worse in that regard, too.  They keep nerfing defensive abilities/items and buffing offensive ones.  New characters built around gotcha mechanics (cc/dash/burst) keep increasing in frequency.  Every fight is about who catches who and is usually over in literally less than two seconds.  If you're on the receiving end, there is zero fun involved.  In my opinion, that's trash game design.  I actually really like the core concept of the game format, but would like to see it executed from a completely different approach.

ARAMs could use some work, but they have more of that FPS-style competitive feel.  Fights are drawn out and dirty.  If you die, it's because of your timing, teamwork, or build.  There's no lurking around to catch somebody when they're helpless like a total dick.  You have to get creative in how you use things, and weird stuff happens.  It's common for 10-person scuffles to result in everyone escaping with no deaths and licking their wounds for a while in preparation for the next bout.  There's a suspense in having multiple people all hanging around by a thread and covering each other with their abilities to barely scrape out survival for extended periods until someone screws up that "Oh, so there was a guy in the bushes..." just can't compete with.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 12:49:36 pm by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21689 on: March 15, 2013, 01:10:12 pm »

Some asshole stole the catalytic converter off my car.
Fingerprints! DNA! Anything! Hunt them and facepunch them!

Alternately, next time you get a catalytic converter, encase it in concrete. We did that with our water pipe after some campers sawed through it to get some water.

Thats a remarkable theft. They are a bugger to remove quickly without fucking up the mountings, and quite big/heavy to run off with. Most probably stolen by someone with the same model car as you in your local area. Go have a looksy to see what you can see...
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 1444 1445 [1446] 1447 1448 ... 3345