Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1440 1441 [1442] 1443 1444 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3710085 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

The ribbon in outlook 2010 is absolute fail.

They nearly TRIPLED the average click cost of send/receive mail... That is a horrifically poor design decision. Everyone involved in the design process of the ribbon interface should be fired... from a cannon... into the sun.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

You mean outlook does something other than make you regret clicking hyperlinked emails, try to install itself, and then whine when you cancel it?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

??? I been fine with the Hometab for me in outlook 2010

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

People use outlook? Fuck that nonsense. I have to use MS Online 365, and that's bad enough.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

People use outlook? Fuck that nonsense. I have to use MS Online 365, and that's bad enough.
We're about to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars to migrate to Office 365. I'm actually kind of glad we're getting laid off. I won't have to be here for the glorious trainwreck that is coming.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

We're about to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars to migrate to Office 365. I'm actually kind of glad we're getting laid off. I won't have to be here for the glorious trainwreck that is coming.

I work on the Office 365 team at Microsoft.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile

I work at HR in Microsoft and shouldn't you be doing work right now?

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site

it's 5:45.

I have flexible hours anyway, as long as I attend the 9am and 6pm meetings.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Oh man, have my dreams of someone inadvertently outing themselves in the RAEG thread come true....;P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile

(I don't really work for Microsoft)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am aggravated by the spotty connection issues I've been experiencing. It's reallllyy annoying.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Now I know where to direct the hate mail.  :P

It's not so much the product as the shitterific implementation that I know will be in place. Our admins' idea of testing is "Meh, put that shit on the server and see what happens. Let the Help Desk clean up the mess."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Implement This Edition
« Reply #21627 on: March 12, 2013, 08:51:42 pm »

Implementation, software deployment...these phrases were academic to me a year ago. Now, I live them. And I dread them. I have to talk to like 30 different businesses and run a ton of server side stuff to shift around where and how data is stored, verify a bunch of data replication is happening, more scripts on their databases to keep their industry data up to date...basically I have to spend about 3 hours  with 90% of all of our client's yards.....and this is before all the other customer requests come in for new stuff, daily maintenance or questions. And that mostly gets handled by me and one other person. And that's one product.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 08:56:24 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #21628 on: March 13, 2013, 07:21:14 am »

My maths class tutorial sheets don't have questions written on them - just references to the pages of the textbook that the questions are on. I don't own the textbook, nor any university textbook, because for all of the other seven classes I have taken at university, even textbooks listed as 'required' were barely mentioned, let alone used.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21629 on: March 13, 2013, 07:27:14 am »

I have found universities use text books slightly differently to in high school. If they say 'Today we will be going over X' then you can be sure that there is a chapter titled 'X' in your textbook that has the same content but with a bit more detail.
I never really had to even take many notes, I just sort of filled my textbooks with yellow sticky notes and let the chapters be my lesson notes...

Anyway point is they don't directly reference to the textbook, they just use it.
Pages: 1 ... 1440 1441 [1442] 1443 1444 ... 3345