Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1408 1409 [1410] 1411 1412 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3710990 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Put Yer Pants Back On Edition
« Reply #21135 on: February 23, 2013, 05:02:42 pm »

Family's can be weird. I remember before I moved out my dad would always complain that I never did much around the house despite pretty much taking care of all the work moving furniture and crap since he'd never get his broke ass up to do it. Then one day we were supposed to BBQ and I took the initiative to take over for him since he was late.

And that apparently was breaking some cardinal rule of some sort since while everyone was happy otherwise and they said I did a better job even he's refused to talk to me since. Whatever. Not my real dad anyway.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Put Yer Pants Back On Edition
« Reply #21136 on: February 23, 2013, 05:30:07 pm »

Grrr. I have said it before and need to say it again. Never buy a Toshiba laptop. This heap of shit is going in the bin as soon as I get my ass to a computer shop to get a new one. The power connector has come away by cracking the motherboard apparently due to "overuse of the power plug". Common fault and a design flaw with this range of machine aparently. A new power jack costs pennies, and its an easyish if time consuming job, save for the cost of a new board. A similar price gets me a newer and better machine. No suprises what option I will take. Now I gotta get all the stuff off the dying machine I want, which will be frustrating as it drops into and out of sleep mode seemingly at random.
This is a blank sig.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #21137 on: February 23, 2013, 05:37:48 pm »

You can probably go to your power saving settings and uncheck everything that has to do with it being on AC power. If your power jack is unreliable its going to be constantly getting the signal it's off AC power. That should speed things up a bit.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21138 on: February 23, 2013, 05:39:06 pm »

Good plan Batman. Might also allow the very shit battery more than 5 mins of life before crapping out.
This is a blank sig.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #21139 on: February 25, 2013, 02:14:54 am »

Hey, a new RTD. It has X replies! That's not that many, I hope there can be more players. Oh, the OP says it has X players. Well, maybe only X-1 of the replies are people reserving spots, and 1 of them is the OP going "gee this sure is filling up fast, hope we get that last guy in so i can start the first turn soon" and no wait they're all signups.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21140 on: February 25, 2013, 02:44:26 am »

Grrr. I have said it before and need to say it again. Never buy a Toshiba laptop.
YES! Join us on the blue-circle-two-letters side!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21141 on: February 25, 2013, 03:04:26 am »

I have Smooth Criminal stuck in my head. It's not letting me think!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21142 on: February 25, 2013, 03:06:50 am »

Which version? Alien Ant Farm did a really good cover.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21143 on: February 25, 2013, 03:07:47 am »

Micheal Jackson. Don't know if there's any other versions.
GODDAMMIT I CAN'T HEAR MYSELF
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21144 on: February 25, 2013, 03:09:48 am »

Micheal Jackson. Don't know if there's any other versions.
GODDAMMIT I CAN'T HEAR MYSELF
Here ya go.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21145 on: February 25, 2013, 03:43:34 am »

Building computer.
Buy parts.
Put parts together.
Realise the motherboard I bought is far too small. Small enough that my graphics card obscures pretty much the entire thing and only fits with the CPU fan off, so that's not happening.
Closest equivalent motherboard of correct size is >£100. This one cost £98.

SIGH. Read before you buy, people.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21146 on: February 25, 2013, 05:36:21 am »

It's probably going to be a while before I do this, but when I custom-build a computer, it'll be a fishtank oil-cooled one. Those are bloody awesome.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #21147 on: February 25, 2013, 07:24:17 am »

This is a Wesley Crusher episode. Why am I watching a Wesley Crusher episode?

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #21148 on: February 25, 2013, 09:46:54 am »

Immersion cooled computers are indeed awesome :D
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21149 on: February 25, 2013, 09:53:05 am »

This is a Wesley Crusher episode. Why am I watching a Wesley Crusher episode?
Because Wil Wheaton is a hoopy frood, even if his character is a Scrappy.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 1408 1409 [1410] 1411 1412 ... 3345