Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1355 1356 [1357] 1358 1359 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699520 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Anti-Something Edition
« Reply #20340 on: January 30, 2013, 09:30:53 pm »

My professor told me to drop her class. Why? Because I missed a week due to the funeral of a friend, which was out of state. She said it was unexcused  absence... WTF I'm 30 and in college, am I supposed to get note from my mommy, excusing me from school still!!! >:(
Well, no, but if you just disappeared for a week without attempting to contact the teacher, that's... probably not going to reflect well on you, from their perspective. They can't acknowledge you had reason to miss their class unless they know about it, y'know?

From what I've seen, college profs tend towards pretty flexible about stuff like that, but generally if and only if you're proactive about it. Coming in after missing a week of classes without having told the teacher beforehand (or during the absence -- they've got contact information of some sort, presumably) what was going on and possibly (and highly preferably) making arrangements before you left about interim work, etc., yeah, that can get you a failed class or a hefty chunk out of your grade, especially if the school itself has a blanket attendance policy.

Talk to her, y'know? Especially if you can get together notes or whathaveyou and demonstrate you're still intent on investing your effort into learning (catch up quickly, do well on the next demonstration of whatever), you can probably get back in the good graces, so to speak. Also make sure the teacher's not constrained by a campus wide attendance policy of some sort, which may make a difference -- if she is, you might have to take the issue up with someone above her, because the weight coming down on you isn't coming from the teacher, yeah. Funeral related stuff is almost always excused, but you might have to talk to some folks nicely if you didn't give some forewarning.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

thburns

• Bay Watcher
  • I came, I saw..... It sucked!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20341 on: January 30, 2013, 11:33:35 pm »

Actually the class is 3 hours long... But due to me reflecting on the death and the other "fun..." stuff that goes with it I forgot to contact her, and it was so unexpected, and I left immediately. The others are cool about it though, but still. Plus she said 2 "unexcused" absences results in a lowered grade, and she doesn't have the time to explain the program to me.. Whatever though. Dropped it, just take it next semester, get an A, and go on.
If only life and parenting were as easy as "Dwarf Fortress"

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20342 on: January 31, 2013, 12:13:06 am »

Quick, no jokes allowed! Sigh.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20343 on: January 31, 2013, 01:28:32 am »

Fucking Settlers of Catan. Sooooooo frustrating. Especally the expansion, where most of the cards just fuck ppl over.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20344 on: January 31, 2013, 01:31:31 am »

I once had a game of that where at least 50% of the rolls where FUCKING. SEVEN.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20345 on: January 31, 2013, 01:59:20 am »

As a non-Catan player, I take it that's bad?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20346 on: January 31, 2013, 02:08:33 am »

Not really bad, just annoying.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #20347 on: January 31, 2013, 02:17:18 am »

It's also statistically not unlikely.  I had a game recently where it was almost nothing but 5s.

I have trouble playing that game for different reasons, though.  My wife is a master at it.  I think she's beaten one of the game's designers (I could be thinking of a different Mayfair game), and on a separate occasion almost won a trip to Germany in a tournament.  She was winning the final match, but had to leave because my little brother disappeared when my other brother was supposed to be watching him.

Anyway... there was a period where her and a couple other friends were making me play it with them constantly, and I suffered a losing streak of... I forget.  I think it was over 40 games in a row without breaking 8 points (10 points is victory condition).  I finally couldn't take it anymore, and refused to play for several years.

I don't know why, but I always get picked on when I play that game.  Doesn't matter who we're playing with.  People go out of their way to block my shit, refuse to trade with me, and such.  My wife, meanwhile, is a real snake-in-the-grass.  I warn people that they should be worrying about her, not me, but they don't listen... even when they've played with her many times before.  She lays low the entire game.  Builds modestly.  Looks like she's losing.  Then she nets herself 3-4 points in a single turn and wins.  Every time.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:22:54 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20348 on: January 31, 2013, 04:16:04 am »

The last week was awful, starting out with a psychosis(that drunkposting wich wasent even drunkposting), ending with another inane argument with my parents.
This week started awful with my friends getting mad at me because my mom prevented me from going to the concert i was supposed to play at.
Fucking assholes.

on a happy note, my school installed a filter. I bypassed the fuck out of it. Thanks god for Tor.
Tor just saved a random unlucky asshole who forgot to turn off their iPhones internet sharing service.
Our internet is going in a few months so i should better get good at the few tricks there are for unlucky assholes.

Sorry im an ass right now. I will get better, i hope. I dont like myself like this.. i feel criminal.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #20349 on: January 31, 2013, 04:18:25 am »

I tried to use Tor once. It made every page take like 30 seconds to load.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #20350 on: January 31, 2013, 04:23:35 am »

Sorry im an ass right now. I will get better, i hope. I dont like myself like this.. i feel criminal.
*hug* :(  Every time I see your posts, I wish we as Bay12 could do something to help...

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20351 on: January 31, 2013, 05:04:40 am »

As a non-Catan player, I take it that's bad?

It moves the bandit, wich is really fucking annoying.

Also fuck this assignment sucks.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20352 on: January 31, 2013, 10:42:13 am »

Thats kinda the point. Tor is a massive proxy system, you aren't going to get perfect speeds out of a proxy.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20353 on: January 31, 2013, 11:32:18 am »

Thats kinda the point. Tor is a massive proxy system, you aren't going to get perfect speeds out of a proxy.

For some reason it only took me 5 secs to load *redacted social service*

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20354 on: January 31, 2013, 02:44:29 pm »

Oh, those dies are weighted from my experience. Some of the numbers are never rolled.
Never. As in, "HOLY FUCK DID I JUST GET A MATERIAL OUT OF THAT SQUARE HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?" never.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 1355 1356 [1357] 1358 1359 ... 3345