Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1354 1355 [1356] 1357 1358 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699765 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Anti-Something Edition
« Reply #20325 on: January 30, 2013, 06:03:04 pm »

He looked it up. He is also under the impression that my asthma is something that I should "Tough out" so I don't need my medicine anymore.
Tell him to hold his breath, stop breathing and tough it out.
Oxygen is overated anyways.

Now for my rage- I got three zeroes in biology.  Because I missed a SINGLE assignment.
The first zeroe was for not having it.  The second was for the classroom participation grade (I couldn't answer because I didn't have the sheet), and the third zero was for not being able to do another assignment (Because I didn't have the original assignment). 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20326 on: January 30, 2013, 06:38:30 pm »

I got told by my dad to talk to my Math teacher about getting help. I do just that, stay after, do all the available homework, and review my midterms(I got an F, sadly.) So when I come home, what does he do? Get mad at me for not staying after, and saying I'm not allowed to play any videogames, watch tv, etc.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #20327 on: January 30, 2013, 07:06:50 pm »

My roommate, instead of telling me I need to help around the house more, decides to draw out the request in the longest and most annoying way possible.

"Have you paid this month's rent yet? No, why not? Well why don't you have any money? Well why don't you have a job? Well if you're late on rent and around the house more than us, shouldn't you do more around the house?"

Stop phrasing things as goddamn questions. Not one bit of that was actually intended as a question. Now half of me wants to look for jobs and the other half is just pissed off and wants to sit around to be spiteful.

Also my computer keeps overheating.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20328 on: January 30, 2013, 07:14:22 pm »

I have the exact same problem.  "Nag nag nag, you're not doing you're homework and don't have perfect A's, no video games for you." Yep, I have never once stayed up till one because my English teacher thought that we could write an essay overnight WHILE our math teacher assigns us two hours of homework WHILE our French teacher expects us to memorize an entire vocab list in two days.  The problem isn't that I don't do homework because I would play video games instead, it's because none of my teachers know that we have to do other homework, and think that since we are in honors classes, we should be doing college work.  Even thou that's what the AP level is for.
Apparent level of progression in my school district-
Elementary school- You do middle school level work
Middle School- You do high school level work
High School- College level work. 
NEVER have I had a teacher who thought it appropriate for us to do 'Whatever grade we are in' work. 

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20329 on: January 30, 2013, 07:26:22 pm »

I was assigned a Spanish presentation last week, and I decide to take advantage of my video class to make mine snazzy. Then, my video teacher was sick and didn't leave the cabinet keys for the substitute, so I haven't been able to get a camera to film. I figure I'll be able to get the camera and get the job done when he gets back.

Once he gets back, my video teacher decides he's going to make us sit and watch videos from the newbies (I'm in the advanced class) and write reviews instead of letting us work on stuff. I figure I'll be cutting it close, but I can get the project done during lunch. I got the camera just yesterday and barely managed to get done filming the bare essentials in one take.

Today in third period, I finally found out when the project was due: today. Keeping calm, I explained to my Spanish teacher that there was literally no way for me to have finished my project by today, and that I had literally only been able to work on it yesterday.

She gave me one extra day. All the other groups were given about a week to prepare, and they just barely got it done. I've had two days to work on this stupid project. I don't know what she expects of me, but if she doesn't like the video then that's her bloody problem.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20330 on: January 30, 2013, 07:33:57 pm »

I hate how my literacy teacher does her job. She's a nice person, but she assigns homework consisting of something like, "Read chapter 3 of Lord of the Flies by tomorrow, while working on reading one quarter of your own independent reading book (I haven't even seen the actual book I'm supposed to have, Brave New World), and also working on a paper that I grouped you on for Study Lab classes so that you can't get anything else done in there." Everything will be due this week and I  hate Comp. Lit. Honors or not this is TOO MUCH WORK! MULTIPLE OF US HAVE EVEN TOLD YOU THAT WE ONLY READ LIKE AN EIGHTH OF ODYSSEUS! I don't enjoy having to go through three chapters of a book a week.

I already have to make flashcards for German class for all the Unregelmäßige Verben that she's taught us about, and then I have Human Geography, which takes up so much time in any part of the day it's unbelievable... I'm only in 9th grade...

Sorry for the clutteredness.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20331 on: January 30, 2013, 07:38:59 pm »

I'm sure your Human Geo teacher isn't as bad as our AP HG teacher (Thankfully I don't have her for Human geo this year, but last year I had her for Modern World History) "Oh? That several hour writing assigment that I told you you could do for extra credit?  It counts as two quiz grades and is due right now." The only good thing about her is that every history class you'll ever have from then on is easy as hell. 

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20332 on: January 30, 2013, 07:42:14 pm »

I'm not saying my Human Geo teacher is bad, just... he expects almost as much as my Literacy teacher.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20333 on: January 30, 2013, 07:54:25 pm »

The thread appears to have evolved into TEACHER RAEG.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20334 on: January 30, 2013, 07:58:22 pm »

Roommate brought around two of his jackass obtrusive friends.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #20335 on: January 30, 2013, 08:09:25 pm »

I don't enjoy having to go through three chapters of a book a week.

Still better than most of my classmates.

What crippled me in my English classes was the writing parts. I don't do length for the sake of length, I prefer to be concise. Which is, it seems, the exact opposite of what is expected. The reading and comprehending parts, though, I swept through. I usually ended up having read the entire book before a week passed since it was given.

Got put in the basic English courses because I don't do too great when it comes to length, for the sake of length.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 08:11:32 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20336 on: January 30, 2013, 08:12:17 pm »

It is kinda where I hate essays. They are always artificially padded for length because you are forced to make it long.

To the extent where I do not even know HOW to make a long essay because we never learned how. Only how to make a short essay very long.

thburns

• Bay Watcher
  • I came, I saw..... It sucked!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20337 on: January 30, 2013, 08:15:21 pm »

My professor told me to drop her class. Why? Because I missed a week due to the funeral of a friend, which was out of state. She said it was unexcused  absence... WTF I'm 30 and in college, am I supposed to get note from my mommy, excusing me from school still!!! >:(
If only life and parenting were as easy as "Dwarf Fortress"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20338 on: January 30, 2013, 08:32:12 pm »

My professor told me to drop her class. Why? Because I missed a week due to the funeral of a friend, which was out of state. She said it was unexcused  absence... WTF I'm 30 and in college, am I supposed to get note from my mommy, excusing me from school still!!! >:(

Frankly I think you are in the right on this one. Just get the notes and catch up.

She is probably just jaded and figured you were just skipping out of lazyness.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20339 on: January 30, 2013, 08:50:31 pm »

Have you actually spoken to her about it outside of class, or regarding why you were gone?

That aside, you missed at most, what, three 50 minute sessions or two ~1h 15 minute sessions? That's hardly enough to kill your grade unless she does something absurd like dropping a letter grade for every missed seminar.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1354 1355 [1356] 1357 1358 ... 3345