Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1348 1349 [1350] 1351 1352 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699420 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Anti-Something Edition
« Reply #20235 on: January 27, 2013, 10:20:57 pm »

I recommend smashing, boiling, and thickening tomatos for your ketchup, and wasabi for the mustard.
Wasabi is made from mustard seeds!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20236 on: January 27, 2013, 10:38:19 pm »

I recommend smashing, boiling, and thickening tomatos for your ketchup, and wasabi for the mustard.
And sometimes horseradish.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20237 on: January 27, 2013, 10:57:24 pm »

But I need Heinz! Heinz is the only true ketchup! And wasabi... eh.  It took me a long enough time to get used to mustard.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20238 on: January 27, 2013, 10:59:25 pm »

But I need Heinz! Heinz is the only true ketchup! And wasabi... eh.  It took me a long enough time to get used to mustard.
Crush tomato in (wo)man fist. Add sugar to paste. Done.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20239 on: January 27, 2013, 11:05:00 pm »

Was having hot dogs and french fries for dinner today.  Open up fridge to get ketchup and mustard, ketchup and mustard not there.  HOW DO YOU EAT FRENCH FRIES AND HOT DOG WITHOUT KETCHUP AND MUSTARD?!
Hahaha, with ease!

Actually, I've never had french fries or hot dogs with ketchup and mustard. Mustard is vile, to me. Don't like the taste. Or the look. Or the smell.

Ketchup, though, yes. Prefer BBQ sauce, but ketchup is alright, too. So's plain, though. About the only way I don't eat potatoes (in terms of cooking, if not garnish) is raw. I think. I've never attempted to eat a potato raw, but undercooked ones aren't very tasty so I assume the quality extends accordingly as preparation reduces.

Hotdogs must be cooked, but... similarly, the method of cooking is largely irrelevant. Grilled, baked, boiled, broiled, fried, stir-fried microwaved, cold. Probably more. I have consumed many hotdogs in many ways. But sauce is something that's a variable.

Cast off your monocondiment oppression! Free your taste buds to sow their oats among the fields of freedom! Eat the damn food and stop complaining.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20240 on: January 27, 2013, 11:07:44 pm »

Was having hot dogs and french fries for dinner today.  Open up fridge to get ketchup and mustard, ketchup and mustard not there.  HOW DO YOU EAT FRENCH FRIES AND HOT DOG WITHOUT KETCHUP AND MUSTARD?!
Hahaha, with ease!

Actually, I've never had french fries or hot dogs with ketchup and mustard. Mustard is vile, to me. Don't like the taste. Or the look. Or the smell.

Ketchup, though, yes. Prefer BBQ sauce, but ketchup is alright, too. So's plain, though. About the only way I don't eat potatoes (in terms of cooking, if not garnish) is raw. I think. I've never attempted to eat a potato raw, but undercooked ones aren't very tasty so I assume the quality extends accordingly as preparation reduces.

Hotdogs must be cooked, but... similarly, the method of cooking is largely irrelevant. Grilled, baked, boiled, broiled, fried, stir-fried, microwaved, cold. Probably more. I have consumed many hotdogs in many ways. But sauce is something that's a variable.

Cast off your monocondiment oppression! Free your taste buds to sow their oats among the fields of freedom! Eat the damn food and stop complaining.
Ask not!
Ask!

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20241 on: January 27, 2013, 11:13:46 pm »

I've always had good results using my face to eat things.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20242 on: January 27, 2013, 11:20:09 pm »

Both fries and hot dog are better without chemical sauces.
A bit of salf for the fries.
If the hot dog is good, he's self sufficient, if he's bad, why are you eating it ?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20243 on: January 27, 2013, 11:58:54 pm »

And sometimes horseradish.

Now that's just unfortunate.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20244 on: January 28, 2013, 12:09:18 am »

Cheese for the fries and hot dogs. Barbeque sauce can be good too. Or chili.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20245 on: January 28, 2013, 12:12:16 am »

Cheese is for everything, so... yeah, I guess it's for fries and hotdogs, too.

I think I need to get more aggressive in putting cheese in things, so I can get around to finding out what doesn't go with cheese. It's a task compounded in difficulty by the variety of cheese out there, though :-\

But, so far, cheese is 100% compatible. Everything I've put cheese in or on has been improved by the addition. Even ice cream. (You doubt? Cream cheese is cheese. Try putting ice cream on cheese cake one of these days. It's like sin and debauchery decided to have a sit down luncheon in your mouth.)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 12:14:04 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20246 on: January 28, 2013, 12:13:47 am »

I think I need to get more aggressive in putting cheese in things, so I can get around to finding out what doesn't go with cheese. It's a task compounded in difficulty by the variety of cheese out there, though :-\

But, so far, cheese is 100% compatible. Everything I've put cheese in or on has been improved by the addition. Even ice cream.
Have you tried having cheese with cheese?  It might not be self-compatible. 
One thing that doesn't go well with cheese is Diet Code Red Mountain Dew.  Don't ask why I know that. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20247 on: January 28, 2013, 12:15:48 am »

But, so far, cheese is 100% compatible. Everything I've put cheese in or on has been improved by the addition. Even ice cream.
One thing that doesn't go well with cheese is Diet Code Red Mountain Dew.  Don't ask why I know that.
Ok, I'll just stare awkwardly in your direction until you awkwardly leave or tell us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20248 on: January 28, 2013, 12:18:50 am »

It depends on the cheese. Often, adding different types of cheese together does, indeed, improve the experience.

As for the latter... you might need a different cheese. I know for a fact that mountain dew occasionally does alright with bread (actually, you can make bread with the stuff as a primary ingredient -- I've seen it done, it tastes alright. Sprite, too.) and I also know you can make cheese-infused bread that is excellent. Combine the two processes, tweak a bit, and... there might be something functional in there.

Though you might not manage it with diet. I don't entirely count diet drinks as something consumable. Kind of in the same category as, like, battery acid. Can't stand most artificial sweeteners, stuff just tastes horrific.
Ask not!
Ask!

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20249 on: January 28, 2013, 12:50:33 am »

I'm amazed by your capacity to add cheese to everything.
Pages: 1 ... 1348 1349 [1350] 1351 1352 ... 3345