Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1317 1318 [1319] 1320 1321 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694119 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Delayed Calamities Edition
« Reply #19770 on: January 11, 2013, 06:15:40 pm »

So.

Yesterday (or maybe the day before), I mentioned in either the Sad or RAGE thread that we can't seem to go a week without something expensive breaking.

Well, I guess the universe heard me and went "Challenge accepted!"

Now the ENTIRE HOUSE is powerless. Main circuit breaker just so happened to ...well, break the day after an electrician showed up and charged $100 for ten minutes of work. Now there's no water, power, or heat.  Right now I'm hoping to Armok that the company decides not to charge for this, because otherwise this is gonna be a huge expenditure.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Delayed Calamities Edition
« Reply #19771 on: January 11, 2013, 06:36:34 pm »

That's a bit extreme. How do you expect us to kill all these lawyers without a weapon?

Then we ban the weapons.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #19772 on: January 11, 2013, 06:45:35 pm »

A better translation of the original Klingon is "Let's kill all the MBAs", but when it was translated to english, we didn't have a words for MBA's yet.

When I was in high school, I dealt with detention by just skipping it, do that enough, and you get suspended. Which means free time away from school. I call that a win.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19773 on: January 11, 2013, 06:54:05 pm »

A better translation of the original Klingon is "Let's kill all the MBAs", but when it was translated to english, we didn't have a words for MBA's yet.

When I was in high school, I dealt with detention by just skipping it, do that enough, and you get suspended. Which means free time away from school. I call that a win.
I'm one of those people whose world ends upon the mention of "Detention/Suspension/anythingthatgoesonyourrecord/looksbadforcollege."
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #19774 on: January 11, 2013, 07:51:33 pm »

That's a bit extreme. How do you expect us to kill all these lawyers without a weapon? You know that if a lawyer bites you, you become a lawyer seven days later, right? We need some sort of ranged weapon to deal with that.
Which brings me to the Slingshot proposal.
Which brings me to the Slingshot proposal.
Slingshot proposal.

I now have a mental image of a large slingshot that shoots rabid lawyers at other lawyers to bite them.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #19776 on: January 11, 2013, 09:45:50 pm »

My computer decided it would be a good time to shut down for updates approximately thirty seconds before finishing a dungeon in Skyrim. -_-
くコ:彡

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19777 on: January 11, 2013, 09:55:02 pm »

At my high school, there was some kind of administrative breakdown where the conformation of having served detention never got delivered. This ended up meaning that people could freely skip it without consequence, and it didn't take the student body long to figure this out.

Then, one day they told us they fixed the problem and nobody could skip anymore. But they hadn't fixed it, and it didn't take the student body long to figure this out.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19778 on: January 11, 2013, 09:55:56 pm »

My computer decided it would be a good time to shut down for updates approximately thirty seconds before finishing a dungeon in Skyrim. -_-
You can disable that, you know. First thing I do on any new computer.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19779 on: January 11, 2013, 10:02:06 pm »

That and UAC.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19780 on: January 11, 2013, 10:03:54 pm »

That and UAC.
...Crap, I'm terrible with acronyms. What's that?

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #19781 on: January 11, 2013, 10:07:36 pm »

That and UAC.
...Crap, I'm terrible with acronyms. What's that?
User Account Control. The thing here, though, is that I was given no prior warning of this update because I'm not used to playing fullscreen games for hours on end so I'm partially raging at myself.
くコ:彡

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19782 on: January 11, 2013, 10:08:07 pm »

The thing that will pop up and ask if you want to actually run what you just asked it to run. Its less obtuse in Win7 but still isn't much use, unless the computer owner doesn't know much of anything about said computer.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19783 on: January 11, 2013, 10:09:36 pm »

's not even an acronym, really.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19784 on: January 11, 2013, 10:14:02 pm »

Oh, that thing.
Huh. I've never been bothered by it overmuch. It's actually saved my computer on at least one occasion.

Pages: 1 ... 1317 1318 [1319] 1320 1321 ... 3345