Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1255 1256 [1257] 1258 1259 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3703575 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: RAEG Like It's 1994! Edition
« Reply #18840 on: December 09, 2012, 06:45:19 pm »

Interesting movie on TV, teletext doesn't work on this channel. Go online to the channel's website to find out the name there. It's 20 past midnight of the new week, they don't have last weeks schedule and since the movie technically started yesterday that also means it isn't there.

FUCK!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: RAEG Like It's 1994! Edition
« Reply #18841 on: December 09, 2012, 07:05:33 pm »

Still on the quest to finding out how to unfuck youtube's layout. So far low tech alternatives and general button mashing has failed and yet partially succeeded. The search is still on.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #18842 on: December 09, 2012, 07:07:00 pm »

Interesting movie on TV, teletext doesn't work on this channel. Go online to the channel's website to find out the name there. It's 20 past midnight of the new week, they don't have last weeks schedule and since the movie technically started yesterday that also means it isn't there.

FUCK!
Wait for a semimemorable quote and google it?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18843 on: December 09, 2012, 07:12:43 pm »

It was in russian :C

And it lasted for like another 15 minutes :S

Meh, I was mainly interested because of some music that was very familiar to stuff Hala Strana does.
AS - IG

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #18844 on: December 09, 2012, 07:18:21 pm »

What channel was it on?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18845 on: December 09, 2012, 07:21:37 pm »

Local equivalent of the HBO I guess, CineStar TV.
AS - IG

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18846 on: December 09, 2012, 08:04:03 pm »

I've had my door pounded on no less than five times today. Two included loud questions where I was. I've received zero phone calls or texts.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18847 on: December 09, 2012, 08:28:53 pm »

Find me an unflawed, perfect creature for comparison.

Robots. Xenomorphs. Go. :P
The Thing.
That humanoid thing in Prometheus

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18848 on: December 09, 2012, 08:29:45 pm »

Find me an unflawed, perfect creature for comparison.

Robots. Xenomorphs. Go. :P
The Thing.
That humanoid thing in Prometheus
Maybe that tentacle thing in Prometheus.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18849 on: December 09, 2012, 09:47:50 pm »

News websites should just disable comments. Seriously. It has gotten so bad that the comment sections of NPR are often indistinguishable from the ones on CNN.

People who talk about "honor" on political and military stories then go on to say things like "paki-indonesian fool in chief": FUCK YOU.
People who start their comments with a note about "todays' kids" on technology stories: FUCK YOU.
People who carry on pages-long useless, meaningless dick-waving fests (since no one is going to change their opinion) in articles about religion or the lack of it: FUCK YOU.
And finally, my ultimate hatred is reserved for a specific group. To the group of people that do not read past the title of an article, instead immediately jumping down to the comments section to spout their knee-jerk vitriol:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What the hell is going on here, anyway? It's not even limited to the Internet. What has made us - as a collection of online and offline communities - so hateful and divided? I can't say I was alive for a time when people had some default iota of respect for one another, but I have heard many stories of it. This isn't a rhetorical question, I am legitimately stumped. If there's anyone older here who remembers these more "peaceful times," what changed?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18850 on: December 09, 2012, 09:50:18 pm »

I know that's serious and very bad and all, but that GIF is just hilarious.
Sig! Onol

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #18851 on: December 09, 2012, 09:57:43 pm »

Culture shift happened. :(

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18852 on: December 09, 2012, 10:01:03 pm »

Culture shift happened. :(

But why. What would cause culture to start to shift toward hatred of anyone outside of one's little worldview? Was it the Internet? The sudden rise in instant gratification? The greater ease of long distance communication? Or was this old "respect" I hear about from my elders just manufactured, and all came tumbling down when men didn't work in the factory and women weren't stay at home moms by default?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18853 on: December 09, 2012, 10:06:27 pm »

Bias, irrational hatred, but overall fear.
Sig! Onol

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18854 on: December 09, 2012, 10:07:24 pm »

GIFT has at least part of the reason why, after what Xant has mentioned.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 1255 1256 [1257] 1258 1259 ... 3345