Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1254 1255 [1256] 1257 1258 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3703549 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: RAEG Like It's 1994! Edition
« Reply #18825 on: December 09, 2012, 02:28:12 am »

Find me an unflawed, perfect creature for comparison.

Robots. Xenomorphs. Go. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: RAEG Like It's 1994! Edition
« Reply #18826 on: December 09, 2012, 02:30:28 am »

No such thing exists, and I dearly hope that it never will. Our flaws are what make us human. A race of perfect, flawless beings would be anathema to our understanding of personhood; there would be no variation between individuals, and thus no individuality. Depending on the standards of perfection being used, they could very well be horrifying for other reasons as well.

Ninja proves my point.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #18827 on: December 09, 2012, 02:32:26 am »

Well hey, even though humans are incredibly flawed one day we could obtain the knowledge and technology necessary to create a less flawed creation. But you know, that won't happen for at least fifty years or so.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18828 on: December 09, 2012, 02:32:48 am »

Robots can barely walk up stairs, and it's debatable whether they count as creatures (being completely artificial and incapable of reproduction). Xenomorphs are fictional and rely on other species to reproduce, if the other species aren't smart enough to simply destroy the eggs.

Ninja'd by a more practical answer.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #18829 on: December 09, 2012, 02:33:10 am »

No such thing exists, and I dearly hope that it never will. Our flaws are what make us human. A race of perfect, flawless beings would be anathema to our understanding of personhood; there would be no variation between individuals, and thus no individuality. Depending on the standards of perfection being used, they could very well be horrifying for other reasons as well.

Ninja proves my point.

I consider your perspective flawed.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #18830 on: December 09, 2012, 02:33:52 am »

Ninja proves my point.

Well, then maybe one day he could create a less flawed perspective?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18831 on: December 09, 2012, 02:37:50 am »

The funny part is that thematically, Xenomorphs are an anti-perfect shadow of Humans. Even the violence they commit is a perversion of the violence we commit.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18832 on: December 09, 2012, 02:38:22 am »

Ninja proves my point.

All a product of my human mind, neh? Because in all seriousness a race of perfect beings, if nothing else, would be perfectly boring. Flaws don't need to be construed as problems or, well, flaws. Perhaps a better way to phrase it would be as "deviations from the hypothetical norm", but that's a bit of a mouthful. In other words, differences. If we were perfect, we would be identical, as each of us would by necessity perfectly align with whatever concept of perfection was being used. Even if we each still had our own minds, we would (being perfect) naturally come to identical conclusions, have identical ideas, and so forth, given that we were all using the same perfect thought processes to attain the same perfect goals.

In other words, we'd be Cybermen, except less silly.

I'll keep my flaws.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #18833 on: December 09, 2012, 02:45:41 am »

Ninja proves my point.

All a product of my human mind, neh? Because in all seriousness a race of perfect beings, if nothing else, would be perfectly boring. Flaws don't need to be construed as problems or, well, flaws. Perhaps a better way to phrase it would be as "deviations from the hypothetical norm", but that's a bit of a mouthful. In other words, differences. If we were perfect, we would be identical, as each of us would by necessity perfectly align with whatever concept of perfection was being used. Even if we each still had our own minds, we would (being perfect) naturally come to identical conclusions, have identical ideas, and so forth, given that we were all using the same perfect thought processes to attain the same perfect goals.

Sure, it'd be boring to a being who isn't perfect.
Welcome to Reality.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18834 on: December 09, 2012, 03:21:49 am »

Ninja proves my point.

Sure, it'd be boring to a being who isn't perfect.

Perfection is stagnation, a complete lack of the capacity for progress and development, at least for the definition of perfection under which a being is perfect. To boot, if a perfect being does change state, there is only one way for it to go.

3. Run Resize Enable

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18835 on: December 09, 2012, 03:38:19 am »

Youtube updated for me.  Now 50% of videos don't work.  Either they play a few seconds and then show an error, give the error exclamation from the start, or tell me to download the newest flash player which I did already install, THANK YOU VERY MUCH GOOGLE FOR BREAKING EVERYTHING.
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #18836 on: December 09, 2012, 03:39:47 am »

Youtube updated for me.  Now 50% of videos don't work.  Either they play a few seconds and then show an error, give the error exclamation from the start, or tell me to download the newest flash player which I did already install, THANK YOU VERY MUCH GOOGLE FOR BREAKING EVERYTHING.
It absolutely baffles me how google thinks it's a good idea to change the layout. Just as everyone gets used to the new crappy layout, they change it. Hell, this time it's even removing features and shoving recommendations down your throat. No Youtube, just because I watch video game related videos does not mean I want to watch fucking PewDiePie.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 05:49:51 am by Bdthemag »
Welcome to Reality.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18837 on: December 09, 2012, 04:12:24 am »

I accidently added the same video twice to the wrong playlist, now I can't find a way to remove it ._.  ugh.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #18838 on: December 09, 2012, 05:02:02 am »

I accidently added the same video twice to the wrong playlist, now I can't find a way to remove it ._.  ugh.
If you go to the playlist, there should be a button that says "Edit playlist" somewhere at the top left (unless you're one of the secret test market subjects, then who knows what's where). Click it, and you should be able to select the ones you want removed. Then click the drop-down menu that says "actions" and select "remove videos from playlist". Then you just need to save your changes, and you're done.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18839 on: December 09, 2012, 06:37:48 pm »

The Thing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1254 1255 [1256] 1257 1258 ... 3345