Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1249 1250 [1251] 1252 1253 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704276 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: RAEG Like It's 1994! Edition
« Reply #18750 on: December 07, 2012, 03:25:43 pm »

Chinese swears from Firefly are pretty great, too.

Quote from: River
"Liou coe shway duh biao-tze huh hoe-tze duh ur-tze." - "Stupid son of a drooling whore and a monkey."
Yeah, unfortunately Firefly zhonghua isn't quite accurate. But entertaining nonetheless. One source I found said this is probably based on a real insult, biaozi de erzi, lit. "whore's child" (similar to "son of a bitch")
Firefly is also set five hundred years in the future. Accuracy is optional.
Verily, thou art a strange notion, my lord! The speech of men doth not change like the season, but lies immortal in stone -- unmoved by the passing fancy of the common folk.  :P

One of my favorite things about Chinese swears is that the logical consequence of the swear is not an issue.
That isn't the case in English either. Or most languages, actually...
I have a hard time imagining somebody (in English) yelling "Fuck your uncle!" at an animal or inanimate object without getting some odd looks.

Granted, I do have one friend who would frequently invent novel swear phrases when agitated. Which was hilarious enough that we would go out of our way to agitate him. I distinctly remember "flying fucking mother of a shitter" being one of his crowning moments of WTF. xD

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: RAEG Like It's 1994! Edition
« Reply #18751 on: December 07, 2012, 03:30:47 pm »

I have a hard time imagining somebody (in English) yelling "Fuck your uncle!" at an animal or inanimate object without getting some odd looks.
I'm pretty sure I've heard that. I think I actually might have done that.

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18752 on: December 07, 2012, 03:30:58 pm »

I've... actually seen that line a few times, in real life. No real odd looks about. Cursing is cursing, for most people consistency and logic are irrelevant.

Which is why their cursing isn't very interesting and kinda' mundane. Insult should be an art, and if you're going to spew vulgarities you should at least be doing something interesting with it. Iambic pentameter, swapping between multiple languages, whatever really. Make some work out of it. Seussian swearing is a neat way to pass the afternoon.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18755 on: December 07, 2012, 03:49:07 pm »

I'm pretty sure I've heard that. I think I actually might have done that.
??? (that's my odd look)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bill the dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18756 on: December 07, 2012, 03:51:53 pm »

Damn it Harper.     >:(
He gon fuck yo lakes, ya'll nor'ners.
Today is not my day for creative swaering about things not relevant to me and my non-canadianism, it seems. Best I could think of.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18757 on: December 07, 2012, 04:13:34 pm »

Oh god.
I can't tell whether to swear at them for being even more terrible at this than I thought or laugh at them for not even being able to secrecy correctly.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #18758 on: December 07, 2012, 05:43:43 pm »

Today, some lady went into the bathroom, gave birth to and then drowned her newborn child at the Walmart I work at.

It made me very angry.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18759 on: December 07, 2012, 05:44:53 pm »

Blargh, horrible and stupid. That lady's on her way to prison now.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18760 on: December 07, 2012, 05:46:30 pm »

Today, some lady went into the bathroom, gave birth to and then drowned her newborn child at the Walmart I work at.

It made me very angry.
Thats...something. Not sure I want to know how that is done in a walmart of all places.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18761 on: December 07, 2012, 05:47:11 pm »

It made me very angry.
I'm going to go try to not destroy something now.
Sig! Onol

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18762 on: December 07, 2012, 05:55:53 pm »

It made me very angry.
* kaijyuu is completely at a loss for words.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18763 on: December 07, 2012, 06:33:58 pm »

Oh god.
I can't tell whether to swear at them for being even more terrible at this than I thought or laugh at them for not even being able to secrecy correctly.
OH FUCK OFF YOU ITU BASTARDS! YOU WERE MADE FOR TELEGRAPHS YOU DIPSHITS!
Telegraphs that apparently can't even do secrecy right at that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18764 on: December 07, 2012, 06:43:18 pm »

Well they do that too, but I thought you were concerned about corruption.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 1249 1250 [1251] 1252 1253 ... 3345