Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1230 1231 [1232] 1233 1234 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705266 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: HP Fuckery Edition
« Reply #18465 on: November 29, 2012, 09:44:54 pm »

We have our own resident victim of the war on drugs on these forums.

EDIT: This guy enrages and confuses me.

Basically, he says that black people are performing genocide on white people by... *drumroll* IMMIGRATING!
I'll use my favorite anti-Social Darwinist Maxim: If they are replacing/conquering/Conspiracying/out-breeding us, doesn't that make THEM better?
What the hell is wrong with this guy.
Dem Africans and Asians And south Americans and Antarcticans are stealing our... SOMETHING! We don't know what, but they are stealing it!

EDIT: turns out youtube never notified me of his reply. This part struck me as 'ok, this guy is insane':
MultiCULTuralism is a codeword for White genocide and anti-racist is a codeword for anti-White.

My brain turned off while trying to parse that. Ask him what his favorite NASCAR team is.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18466 on: November 30, 2012, 09:35:26 am »

Not really 'RAGE' so much as 'facepalm' but:
It's odd that there aren't any PC games on the list.
Quote from: The list, PC bolded
• Pac-Man (1980)
• Tetris (1984)
• Another World (1991 (?)
• Myst (1993) (?)
• SimCity 2000 (1994)
• vib-ribbon (1999)
• The Sims (2000)
• Katamari Damacy (2004)
• EVE Online (2003)
• Dwarf Fortress (2006)
• Portal (2007)

• flOw (2006) (?)
• Passage (2008) (?)
• Canabalt (2009)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18467 on: November 30, 2012, 09:42:48 am »

Not really 'RAGE' so much as 'facepalm' but:
It's odd that there aren't any PC games on the list.
Quote from: The list, PC bolded
• Pac-Man (1980)
• Tetris (1984)
• Another World (1991
• Myst (1993)
• SimCity 2000 (1994)
• vib-ribbon (1999)
• The Sims (2000)
• Katamari Damacy (2004)
• EVE Online (2003)
• Dwarf Fortress (2006)
• Portal (2007)
• flOw (2006)
• Passage (2008)
• Canabalt (2009)

If you include games that were not originally PC games but have PC ports, and games that run on Flash, then that person is even more of an idiot. There are a total of two games on that list (which I have edited) that are not PC games and do not have PC versions.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18468 on: November 30, 2012, 10:03:34 am »

Can cut katamari off that, too. Functioning PS2 emulators exist :P

Vib-ribbon, too. That's a PSX one, been PC runnable for a long while now.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18469 on: November 30, 2012, 11:03:51 am »

I was honestly sort of surprised to not see Homeworld on the initial list.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18470 on: November 30, 2012, 11:28:15 am »

Can cut katamari off that, too. Functioning PS2 emulators exist :P

Vib-ribbon, too. That's a PSX one, been PC runnable for a long while now.

I wasn't including emulators. Only legitimate PC ports, released by the game developers.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18471 on: November 30, 2012, 02:26:24 pm »

A friend took some misdiagnosed medication that caused him to have a weird episode.  He could tell that he wasn't in a proper state of mind and asked his fiance to call for help.  Police arrive on the scene before medical personnel.  They assume that he is a junkie on amphetamines, so he gets kicked in the back, handcuffed, and strip searched.  He has nerve damage in his hands from the handcuffs.

I'm never calling police unless my life is in immediate danger.  They're more likely to make things worse than anything.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18472 on: November 30, 2012, 02:29:41 pm »

Buggery hell. Don't suppose there's some kind of legal recourse for that?

Though no doubt even if there were it'd probably be more shit than it's worth getting anything out of it :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18473 on: November 30, 2012, 02:37:30 pm »

Police have each other's backs here, just like most places.  They'll lie and tamper with evidence to get their friends off the hook.  There was a case here a couple years ago where an officer was driving drunk on the job and plowed over a group of four motorcyclists who were sitting at a red light.  The first officers on the scene stalled the process to the point that blood samples taken for alcohol level wouldn't be admissible evidence, and then took him to someone who wasn't licensed to take blood samples for that purpose just to be sure.  All attempts at DUI conviction fell through because of this, even though he was seen buying alcohol in uniform a couple hours before and was described as obviously drunk by witnesses on the scene.  The officers involved in screwing this up were very publicly demoted shortly afterwards... but very quietly promoted a year later to higher positions than they held previously.  One is now in charge of a precinct.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 02:39:13 pm by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18474 on: November 30, 2012, 02:56:56 pm »

No, greatorder, you never call the police in the U.S. unless the worst you can imagine them doing to you is still better than dealing with the situation alone.

3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18475 on: November 30, 2012, 02:59:11 pm »

So, if I go to America, and a friend does something that could be interpreted as illegal (if he isn't, that is), don't call the police?

Don't call the police on an actual criminal, either, unless the crime is bad enough to justify ruining that person's life forever.  Our privatized prison system is designed ensure that anybody who has been through it can't live as anything but a criminal from that point forward.

No, greatorder, you never call the police in the U.S. unless the worst you can imagine them doing to you is still better than dealing with the situation alone.

Which requires some pretty drastic circumstances, considering police shoot innocent people in the U.S. every year out of pure trigger-happy paranoia.  Usually because something in their hands reflects light.  Sometimes while kicking in the door at a wrong address, so you can literally just be laying in bed drinking a can of soda on a completely normal day, and suddenly police storm in and shoot you.  It's happened.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 03:07:38 pm by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18476 on: November 30, 2012, 03:23:01 pm »

Which requires some pretty drastic circumstances, considering police shoot innocent people in the U.S. every year out of pure trigger-happy paranoia.  Usually because something in their hands reflects light.  Sometimes while kicking in the door at a wrong address, so you can literally just be laying in bed drinking a can of soda on a completely normal day, and suddenly police storm in and shoot you.  It's happened.

Yeah, it'd take something like being kidnapped by a serial killer/rapist and managing to get my hands on a phone for a call to the police to be an acceptable risk. And that's if the kidnapper isn't a cop himself.

3. Run Resize Enable

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #18477 on: November 30, 2012, 03:26:58 pm »

I'm pretty sure they'd just shoot you in the face for threateningly lying on the floor whilst tied up. You could like, cause some slight friction burns with those ropes.

Yeah, it'd take something like being kidnapped by a serial killer/rapist and managing to get my hands on a phone for a call to the police to be an acceptable risk. And that's if the kidnapper isn't a cop himself.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18478 on: November 30, 2012, 03:27:33 pm »

In my experience, the Police are very very Dedicated to the job, and have not messed up any situations that may occur. That and there is barely ANY crime in my town. Must be because of Camden being the state of New Jersey's Crime magnet, which no crime can avoid occurring in.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18479 on: November 30, 2012, 05:16:22 pm »

I'm not entirely sure,
But I think my installation of Oblivion just got messed up.
Hopefully it didn't.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧
Pages: 1 ... 1230 1231 [1232] 1233 1234 ... 3345