Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1219 1220 [1221] 1222 1223 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704981 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Put It Away Edition
« Reply #18300 on: November 26, 2012, 05:18:42 am »

Probably just vanity, but I don't really know.

I just know it's Henna, the same stuff they use for making designs on hands, which means it's a cheap and easy to get hair dye

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18301 on: November 26, 2012, 07:34:37 am »

Ugh god, I stayed up too long playing Space Station 13 and got only three hours of sleep. I need to keep a better track of time.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18302 on: November 26, 2012, 07:59:00 am »

So final exam this year was taken, I'm quite mad with myself because it was rather easy, and I made a lot of small stupid mistakes, it wasn't even mistakes in the subject matter but simple maths :C

Stupid me thinking that the circumference of a circle is 4*Pi*R  :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18303 on: November 26, 2012, 11:45:36 am »

This looks familiar.

It's the Triangle shirtwaist fire all over again. But in Bangladesh. And owned by Wal-mart. :o

Haha. That guy in the first picture has an orange beard.

It's common around here to dye your hair orange/red after it goes white.
I am totally going to do that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18304 on: November 26, 2012, 12:43:26 pm »

So, apparently my resolution for my screen has to be 1600 x 1200 for everything to fit and be playable, like, oh say, FTL or Mount and Blade or FUCKING STEAM AT ALL. But my resolution maximum is 1280 x 1040.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18305 on: November 26, 2012, 12:45:00 pm »

I'm doing just fine here at 1366x768, for all of the above.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #18306 on: November 26, 2012, 12:46:46 pm »

Yeah, 1366x786 here too, because fuck yeah laptops.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18307 on: November 26, 2012, 12:55:32 pm »

FTL'll run smaller. I think the other computer in this house runs at 1280x720 or summat. One thing with FTL, though, is if you've got the general system font enlarged (Adjust font size (DPI) on vista, in th'personalize menu) it'll fuck everything up hard. The minimum resolution for th'game is, in fact, 1280x720, but you can't even see the menu options if the DPI's enlarged.

Push come to shove, maybe try the Aurora thread and get that screen resizing thingamajigger? Might be able to work something out with that. I think it's actually in Flying Dice's sig, I'unno. S'around here somewhere. E: Ah, it is. Last page Hans, on default post/page. Resize Enable. Might help.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 01:00:42 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18308 on: November 26, 2012, 01:00:03 pm »

Theres a good point there. What do you have settings (besides resolution) set to that might screw up settings like that, Han?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #18309 on: November 26, 2012, 01:00:59 pm »

My friend got a badass computer and I'm jealous.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18310 on: November 26, 2012, 01:02:46 pm »

Don't even freaking start. I still drool a little when I think of the monster they gave my madre for a work computer. It's like... something ridiculous, and completely overpowered for a normal school computer. Set up for video editing, and someone went a bit excessive. Roughly as powerful as every other computer I've ever owned combined.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18311 on: November 26, 2012, 01:06:59 pm »

Schools tend to over do things if anyone actually needs better than default stock computage. Like for 3d animation classes, as far as I've seen. All the other computer labs have your plain meh Dell? Dual monitor giant towers. For a class of ~15 people. The teacher had triple screens with his laptop connected.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18312 on: November 26, 2012, 01:37:08 pm »

My high school was a bit retarded in that regard.

We had some really ancient machines, really really ancient, like barely running AutoCAD LT (you know, the very first one, god damn that was some horrible interface). But it was modernized over the years, and in a very very stupid way frankly. Basically, the most powerful task the machines had to do was some Dreamweaver/AutoCAD/Pascal/Powerpoint. Our teacher gets a sum of cash to modernize, what does he do? He gets quad-core 4 Gigs of RAM monstrosities running Vista (and with it new versions of Office, which he doesn't know how to use, so the folks stuck on them are left to their own devices) with some snazzy flatscreens. He got only two since he couldn't afford anymore, when he could have easily bought five to six average PC's which would have more than served the purpose.

But I guess being one of the first Computer Technicians/Experts in the country gets to your head a bit and you let yourself fall behind almost a decade while still considering yourself the best in your area :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18313 on: November 26, 2012, 01:48:35 pm »

Brother does not have word on his computer. I have word 2010. Word 2010 is needed for school. I get pusehd off my computer for 20 minutes in the middle of planetside 2.

RRAAAH.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18314 on: November 26, 2012, 01:51:57 pm »

Brother does not have word on his computer. I have word 2010. Word 2010 is needed for school. I get pusehd off my computer for 20 minutes in the middle of planetside 2.

RRAAAH.
Throw Libreoffice on his computer, show him where the save as .doc part is in Save As. (Or .docx, if you want to lag everything that isn't Office 2010 in loading your file, including older versions of office with the converter installed.)
Problem Solved.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 1219 1220 [1221] 1222 1223 ... 3345