Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1206 1207 [1208] 1209 1210 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690013 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Put It Away Edition
« Reply #18105 on: November 18, 2012, 09:41:21 pm »

Elaborate, hans! :(

My boss is a micromanager who thinks I'm some sort of idiot. My LF was being distinctly unfriendly most of the day for no apparent reason, then was all bubbly happy love right before she left, but still never asked me how I was or if I was okay. She hugged me though, so I guess that helps a bit.

I do the floors with this big floor machine at my job, and my boss was like, "You need to start that right now, and stay the **** out of produce." Produce is my main duty, but whatever. Also, floors takes twenty minutes, and it was 640. We don't close until 8. Also, I got bawled out by the REAL boss for doing floors too early the other day, because people come in and track shit all across the pretty floors.

I got bawled out for not having enough stuff to do the other day, and now that I had my whole night planned out, I had to up and drop a bunch of the shit I was going to do for the rest of the night to satisfy a fucking micromanager who thinks I'm a child.

Also, I got bawled out for not cleaning out the inside of the floor machine and leaving the lid open, which I AM THE ONLY PERSON THAT FUCKING DOES THAT. The other guy that's done floors for YEARS has NEVER once done it, and in fact rarely even cleans it out. I fucking scrubbed it out with a scrubbing pad the other night. But yeah, I do SUCH a shitty job. The one guy in the store who EVERYONE universally agrees is a great worker and does a fantastic fucking job came up to me when I was scrubbing the inside of the machine and said, "Dude, you don't need to be doing that. That's a bit much. You do a good enough job just rinsing it out and letting it dry."

Oh yeah, and I get to go to jail tomorrow on my one day off other than thanksgiving.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18106 on: November 18, 2012, 09:45:39 pm »

:'(

* kaijyuu hugs
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18107 on: November 18, 2012, 09:57:41 pm »

:/  Hate the feeling when it seems like you're the only one who does things right, then everyone turns on ya...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18108 on: November 18, 2012, 10:01:15 pm »

Indeed. There's like four people at my job who do REALLY good jobs no matter what. They all REALLY like me and praise me often. That guy I mentioned before? He's forty something, and he says he wants to be like me when he grows up and that I'm his idol. ::) But the bosses think I'm shit, because bosses are like officers, they don't know shit until their noncoms tell them what's up.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18109 on: November 18, 2012, 10:10:05 pm »

He's forty something, and he says he wants to be like me when he grows up and that I'm his idol. ::)
Wait what.

Notably, I want to be like you Hans when I grow up too :P I might never grow up though~
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18110 on: November 19, 2012, 03:37:05 am »

So I'm writing a mythology essay late into the night, due to extreme procrastination, and all of a sudden, THE COMPUTER DECIDES IT'S A FREAKING GREAT TIME TO CONFIGURE THE UPDATES. I LOST MY WORK. I CAN ONLY EXPRESS THROUGH ALL CAPS WHO MUCH RAGE I FEEL WITHOUT DEVOLVING INTO COMPLETE NON-SENSIBILITY AND PUNCHING THE KEYBOARD.

EDIT: WAIT NO, IT'S BACK NOW. WORD SAVED IT. HAIJELYA. I'M SO HAPPY I DON'T CARE ENOUGH TO BOTHER TO KNOW HOW TO SPELL THAT. I guess I can stop writing in rage caps then.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 03:40:31 am by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #18111 on: November 19, 2012, 03:39:29 am »

This is why my computer science teacher hooked up a switchboard to the computer lab that lets him switch off any computer individually at will. Every few minutes, someone is thankful they saved their work. (Or they're extraordinarily enraged.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18112 on: November 19, 2012, 03:41:20 am »

So I'm writing a mythology essay late into the night, due to extreme procrastination, and all of a sudden, THE COMPUTER DECIDES IT'S A FREAKING GREAT TIME TO CONFIGURE THE UPDATES. I LOST MY WORK. I CAN ONLY EXPRESS THROUGH ALL CAPS WHO MUCH RAGE I FEEL WITHOUT DEVOLVING INTO COMPLETE NON-SENSIBILITY AND PUNCHING THE KEYBOARD.

EDIT: WAIT NO, IT'S BACK NOW. WORD SAVED IT. HAIJELYA. I'M SO HAPPY I DON'T CARE ENOUGH TO BOTHER TO KNOW HOW TO SPELL THAT. I guess I can stop writing in rage caps then.
I hate when that happens. That said, your computer was hurhuehueing you.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18113 on: November 19, 2012, 03:43:00 am »

This is why my computer science teacher hooked up a switchboard to the computer lab that lets him switch off any computer individually at will. Every few minutes, someone is thankful they saved their work. (Or they're extraordinarily enraged.)
God I hate it when they do that.
The solution is to use Visual Studio, which saves your work for you every millionth of a second.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #18114 on: November 19, 2012, 03:51:06 am »

No, the solution is to bring your own laptop.  ;D

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18115 on: November 19, 2012, 03:52:32 am »

Well yes, that is also a highly viable course of action.
You know the first few times they do it are to teach you a lesson, after that they are just doing it for fun.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18116 on: November 19, 2012, 03:53:35 am »

great, now If I were only capable of actually working so I wasn't doing this at 4 on a sunday night (monday morning)
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #18117 on: November 19, 2012, 03:55:15 am »

Well yes, that is also a highly viable course of action.
You know the first few times they do it are to teach you a lesson, after that they are just doing it for fun.
I think the first day, when half the computers all shut off rapid-fire and we heard cackling from the office at the back of the classroom, was the day I learned that it was all for fun.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 04:00:24 am by Barbarossa TSG »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18118 on: November 19, 2012, 03:57:02 am »

But on the plus side, having to re do the same work over and over, while frustrating, will make sure you remember how you did it.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18119 on: November 19, 2012, 10:14:54 am »

wait, are they doing a hard shutdown, as in just cutting the power?

Also, google docs.  Auto-save every word you type FTW, and I can use any computer I like pretty much for work.  Pretty good for most assignments I get.

Now, I know I have linux installed, I KNOW IT.  yet for some reason I can not get my computer to boot to it.
Pages: 1 ... 1206 1207 [1208] 1209 1210 ... 3345